Anyone Know of Waytronx?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Anyone Know of Waytronx?

Post by Iceman »

http://www.waytronx.com/

I've been swing trading their stock but thinking about going long and investing for the long haul. Technology looks cool but would like to hear from someone in the know if it's worth a flip ...

Thx,
Ice out ...
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

The cooler market is highly competitive, they might brag a lot but the physics aren't out there to support some of their claims.

Liquid coolers usually work better because you can attach a radiator with a massive surface area well beyond what is practical or even possible with a conventional heatsink. But in the end liquid coolers are roughly the same (or ever so slightly worse) efficiency wise as a conventional heatsink at dissipating heat per volume/surface area. As such, building a completely integrated liquid cooler that fits inside the system just like a conventional heatsink is pointless when a heatpipe cooler design will actually edge it out in efficiency.

Their technology to prevent micro hot spots sounds interesting, but also completely irrelevant for use on all modern CPUs. The reason being all modern CPUs come with integrated heat spreaders meaning the cooler never touches the bare chip itself like it did in the early flip-chip days.

So to sum it up: liquid coolers are only more effective because they are bigger, take away that advantage and they will not perform any better than a conventional heatsink.

Thats the technology standpoint, the rest you will have to decide for yourself. Remember that just because the technology isn't really that good, doesn't mean that the brand isn't worth something. Apple and Bose and a lot of other brands out there survive not because their technology is worth anything but because their marketing covers up all deficiencies.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Cool, Thanks for the info
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Also one last thing I should mention about the Apple and Bose comparison. Apple and Bose products are cheap components manufactured in Taiwan and China. They cost the same or even less than competing products to manufacture, they are only sold for more as \"premium\" products.

This companies products definitely are more complex and cost more to manufacture than the conventional heatsinks they compete with. And there is no hope whatsoever of their product manufacturing becoming cheaper than conventional heatsinks through higher volume. None of that bodes well from a long term investment standpoint, especially in this economy.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

That's what I needed to know ...

I have info that something is going to happen with this one by the first week of August. I'm going to wait that out and sell it off then regardless of its value by the end of August ...

Will let you know if I make anything ot loose anything ...

Ths,
Ice out