Quick E-Mail Question

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Quick E-Mail Question

Post by Spidey »

I get my mail from 2 machines, one client is set to “leave a copy on the server” the other client is not.(Outlook Express)

When I get my mail from the client that is not set to leave a copy, will the server copy then be deleted?

I just don’t have the time right now to experiment, or search for the proper answer. And it’s very important that my server space stays clear.

Please only answer this question if you know the answer for a fact.

Thanks
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by SuperSheep »

The machine that has the setting \"leave a copy\" will leave a copy on the server. The other one will delete it. The only time that there might be a problem is if the connection is interrupted during the transfer of email.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Great, thanks
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

for the machine that has \"leave copy on Server\" (mobile machine) you can also use the \"remove from server when Deleted from \"Deleted Items\" in conjunction so you do not have to download and delete junk-mail 2x's

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

Another way is to use Outlook (not express) and have your mail stored in a PST file. Keep that file on a Jump Drive and just plug it in to whatever computer you have setup to use it. Presto.