Japanese banjo: Shamisen

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Japanese banjo: Shamisen

Post by Isaac »

I know there aren't any (or many) Naruto fans here but this isn't about amine. Check out this Shamisen taking the lead part. The link will skip to the part I'm referencing:
It's like Edo era Japanese metal.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I like Naruto…Of course I have the hots for Ten-Ten… :P

I also enjoy Japanese music in general, and especially the music in Anime, Dominion Tank Police is one of my favorites. Also Genocyber & MD Geist…to name a few.

Ever listen to Kitaro? Kinda like progressive rock.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

The level 13 music from D1 used a shamisen.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote:I like Naruto…Of course I have the hots for Ten-Ten… :P
and you're how old? LOL wow.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

Ferno wrote:
And you play video games and toys, LOL wow

ignorant
pot
kettle
black
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

at least I can fly the real thing. you're just stuck there pretending you can fly.

dumbass. ;)
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

Ferno wrote:at least I can fly the real thing. you're just stuck there pretending you can fly.
quoted for posterity

"At least you can fly the REAL TOY, and I'm just pretending to fly toys", ok AceCombat...... Would you like some Dr Scholls sauce with that

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Whitewater
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Whitewater »

Ferno wrote:

Find me something on American TV worth watching that evens compares to some of the well written anime that's around. I'd rather be shot then spend my time watching The Office, CSI and House with everyone else. An animated medium allows directors to create in depth characters and scenarios that would be impossible otherwise.
(18:58) Sting_Ray: my sister was 13 pounds 6 ounces at birth
(19:00) [X]Scratch: sweet jebus...in some sports fishing...that's the catch of the day
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Anime has its own pitfalls just like American TV. For every genuinely good show there are about 10 average and 15-20 horrible ones. :P
Whitewater
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Whitewater »

Krom wrote:Anime has its own pitfalls just like American TV. For every genuinely good show there are about 10 average and 15-20 horrible ones. :P
Absolutely true, I just like that there are no limitations in animation. By the way, few things piss me off as much as people thinking all animation is for children. I suppose I can thank Disney and Warner Brothers for that. I can't believe how hard it is for some people to take a show seriously just because it's animated.
(18:58) Sting_Ray: my sister was 13 pounds 6 ounces at birth
(19:00) [X]Scratch: sweet jebus...in some sports fishing...that's the catch of the day
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by TigerRaptor »

Whitewater wrote:Absolutely true, I just like that there are no limitations in animation. By the way, few things piss me off as much as people thinking all animation is for children. I suppose I can thank Disney and Warner Brothers for that. I can't believe how hard it is for some people to take a show seriously just because it's animated.
That's because networks like Cartoon Network only show the heavy edited versions. One Piece is one example how bad anime gets butchered. The edited version was pure crap.
Ferno

Re:

Post by Ferno »

BUBBALOU wrote:"At least you can fly the REAL TOY, and I'm just pretending to fly toys", ok AceCombat...... Would you like some Dr Scholls sauce with that
yes please save that.. and tell me when you don't crash an actual rc helicopter in the first five minutes, so I can show you this again.

now go back to your pretend airplanes on your TV screen, while I get better and upgrade to larger aircraft that I can fly outside, BOY. Quit now, you're just gonna make yourself look like an idiot.

dubdub.. you missed the point. the guy has the hots for an ANIMATED CHARACTER. notice how he hasn't commented on the story but rather the physique?
Bakdraft
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Bakdraft »

Ferno wrote:
BUBBALOU wrote:"At least you can fly the REAL TOY, and I'm just pretending to fly toys", ok AceCombat...... Would you like some Dr Scholls sauce with that
yes please save that.. and tell me when you don't crash an actual rc helicopter in the first five minutes, so I can show you this again.

now go back to your pretend airplanes on your TV screen, while I get better and upgrade to larger aircraft that I can fly outside, BOY. Quit now, you're just gonna make yourself look like an idiot.

dubdub.. you missed the point. the guy has the hots for an ANIMATED CHARACTER. notice how he hasn't commented on the story but rather the physique?
i am so good i can fly an rc car
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

I'm not much of an anime fan but when I was in Aomori prefecture last summer, I actually got to play a shamisen for a few minutes! Not real well, mind you... the guy who brought it was killer, though.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

That's cool Firewheel. I'm jealous! :D