Barrett vs. CheyTac Intervention

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Barrett vs. CheyTac Intervention

Post by Duper »

Ok, rather than continue this in teh Desktop thread, I thought I'd t\"take this outside\". :twisted:

Ace, I have to disagree. The Barrett has a lot of knock down power, but the CTI has more range, it's quieter, it's lighter and has far less more recoil. It can be silenced if need be and still get good rnge and accuracy.

The only thing that one might consider a drawback is that it's single action and not semi or full automatic. But considering that most sniper rifles are bolt action, this is not a big deal. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if they came up with a semi-auto version.

Tag, you're it! ;)

**EDIT**

Link 1 (short article)

Link 2 (U-Tube Vid of Modern Weapons. 9 min total)

From other thread!
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

hey, im loud and proud of the weapons i like, and the M107 and M82 are just happening to be my favorite semi/bolt-action large caliber weapons, they are loud, and i beg to differ about suppressors, you CAN put a suppressor on a M82 and M107 and you are proud to use them. the only other large caliber weapon i like is the NTW-20. a 20mm Bolt Action Anti-Armor/Materials Sniper Cannon

automatics are the M134 and G36C and SOPMOD M4

TAG!!
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Manliness is NOT measured in caliber!
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

AlphaDoG wrote:Manliness is NOT measured in caliber!
maybe not, but it is when you can shoot from kneeling or standing! :shock: Click

;)

btw, watch that vid on the Intervention. Pretty cool stuff. Also, i had difficulty finding anything on silencing the M80. I did find one photo which leads me to believe that it is a very rare occurrence. And as I understand it, it's typically Desired to be heard. ;) something about morale. :lol:
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

yeah it is rare, but it can be done
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

for sniper rifles, if you need a silencer/suppressor, you are doing sniping wrong, and pretty much dead.
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

The Barrett get's my vote! My favorite sniper rifle in the world! Forget the Intervention and its .45 cal, get a 50!

Silencers for bigger guns are used mostly for getting rid of the flash, not really for silencing it.
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

CheyTac has twice the range and a flatter trajectory. ..With accuracy and knock down power to spare. If you're shooting at an armored personnel carrier at 2500m, use the Tank of a helo. ;)
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re:

Post by AceCombat »

Duper wrote:CheyTac has twice the range and a flatter trajectory. ..With accuracy and knock down power to spare. If you're shooting at an armored personnel carrier at 2500m, use the Tank of a helo. ;)

no, use the NTW-20 like i mentioned above. 20mm hitting power is enough dont ya think?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

ah, Missed that.

Intersting weapon. It's surprising the range different rounds offer. check wiki.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

i know, you should watch the video on youtube. it leaves a 4 foot wide hole in a car door :twisted:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yeah, very impressive.

You think they'll employ the M8?
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re:

Post by AceCombat »

Duper wrote:yeah, very impressive.

You think they'll employ the M8?
you stumped me for a second you mean teh XM-8 i dont know but its bad ass looking
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

oddly, it's used in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2. It's kind of an in between rifle, not quite as hard hitting as the SCAR series. I haven't read the real specs on it yet. I ran across it today while googling for something else.
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

Don't think they are going to use the XM-8. Too heavy and too much recoil I think. They now want to use the Bushmaster ACR which is lighter, less recoil, and can shoot both M-16 rounds and AK-47 rounds. They just need to swap out the barrels to compensate for the different rounds. So instead of running out of ammo constantly, you can pick up the mags from dead terrorists.
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

Splatttt
(20:12) STRESSTEST: Im actually innocent this time
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

awesome vid Vulcan! Thanks!

dont' get me wrong, the barrett is a great gun. The CheyTac delivers much of the same in a lighter package.

oops, and Sorry zero. my bad. :P
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

NUMBERZero wrote:So instead of running out of ammo constantly, you can pick up the mags from dead terrorists.
That's if the magazine fits properly
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

That's what it was designed for.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Re:

Post by AceCombat »

VonVulcan wrote:

Splatttt

love the first impact!

definitely love the impact behind the wall