What do you recommend for a flight stick these days?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Star Man Aevum
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

What do you recommend for a flight stick these days?

Post by Star Man Aevum »

As awesome as it would be to play with a Sidewinder again, building a converter is out of the question as I know dick all about electronics. I'm mostly interested in something that's readily available now.

Is there a good choice for people like myself who are really heavy handed? I can never seem to be able to find that happy medium where I'm not breaking the poor thing in half just to move around. Something like this Thrustmaster looks interesting because it's one big piece. Or maybe I'll just have to settle for something that's in two pieces and bolt them to the arms of a chair or something. What do you guys think?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Hey, welcome back.

We had the same discussion about a month or two ago. You can read up on it HERE
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

The latest version of the SideWinder converter is very easy to copy, should be possible even for someone w/o electronics knowledge.
ImageImage
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Top of the post is the newest?
Star Man Aevum
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Star Man Aevum »

Grendel wrote:The latest version of the SideWinder converter is very easy to copy, should be possible even for someone w/o electronics knowledge.
No you really don't understand. I told my sculpting instructor that I don't think I'm very good at building anything but wire sculptures so long as I don't have to solder them. She told me to never take another sculpting class again. I fail so hard at building things you don't even know.

Okay, so out of curiosity, has anyone ever been brave enough to try out Descent with a yoke? It looks like it would be awesome but at the same time a land of broken dreams. Confirm/deny?
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

It's a solderless breadboard and the wires are pre-cut/stripped & color coded, just push everything into the right holes. True plug & play :)
ImageImage
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Duper wrote:...

We had the same discussion HERE