Something's afoot...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Something's afoot...

Post by Nightshade »

Was it an Israeli intelligence operation caught on tape? A rival militant faction taking out an operative? Perhaps a false flag Iranian operation meant to provoke outrage in the muslim world?

Dubai Releases Video Of Alleged Assassins In Hamas Chief Killing (VIDEO)

(AP) DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Dubai police appealed for an international manhunt Tuesday after releasing names and photos of an alleged 11-member European hit squad accused of stalking and killing a Hamas commander last month in a plot that mixed cold precision with spy caper disguises such as fake beards and wigs.

The case – as presented by Dubai authorities – rings of clockwork espionage and detailed planning that included suspects riding the same elevator as Mahmoud al-Mabhouh before he was slain in an ambush-style attack in a luxury hotel room that took no more than 10 minutes.

But questions emerged about the list of suspects after Dubai authorities released pictures, names and passport photos identifying them as six Britons, three Irish and one each from France and Germany.
Whole article and video here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/1 ... 63667.html

There were 11 \"operatives\" in all. It's hard to not notice how well they looked on camera and how easy it was to string the video together into a compelling narrative.

It wasn't done lightly or without great expense and exposure. Something's up.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

My bet is on mossad (a quite nasty organization BTW). All 11 had fake passports from different european countries, at least 5 where ID thefts from british citizens that migrated to israel..
ImageImage
Tankie2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Tankie2 »

Fascinating. Who recruited those people and how? And who ever that was, how connected are they to who financed it. I think private enterprise was the mover. Dubai is the gold market of the planet.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

The Mossad is the most fierce terrorist organization on the planet.

Zionism, from the beginning, was horse****.
(And yes you can be anti-zionist without being an anti-semite...)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

smells like mossad
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

It's my opinion that their mission was twofold:

1 - Do the assassination, get out.
2 - Be seen doing it.

Basically, in addition to the assassination they were flaunting that they could do this and do it so easily.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

Ferno wrote:smells like mossad
Which is exactly why I think it wasn't. The Mossad is better than that. They wouldn't steal the identities of people with direct connections to Israel, as one of their operating principles is that they can't do anything that points back to Israel. When you consider how smoothly the operation went, "oh by the way we stoled a bunch of identities that tie back to Israel" would be hugely sloppy.

Like TechPro said, everything you see on video you were meant to see. This group didn't merely want to kill the guy, they wanted to make it known that they can kill and get away clean.

There's some speculation that it was either a rival part of Hamas, or Fatah.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

or very very brazen.

you gotta remember two words whenever something like this happens.

\"who benefits?\"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

The very operations that Mossad perform, always lead back to Isreal…by default. And they are brazen, I have to agree with Ferno on that one.

I don’t think Israel really cares what the world thinks, when they do these kinds of things.

Who else could pull off an operation like that? No wait…forget I even said that…it wasn’t the CIA…it must have been that other organization that starts with a “M”. :twisted: :wink: