D3Help will live again.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

D3Help will live again.

Post by Mobius »

Good News Everyone! Today you'll be reading my post in the voice of Professor Farnsworth!

As I see PlanetDescent.net has died, and taken my ancient \"D3 Help\" web site with it, I will be hosting it from my domain at http://www.4sure.co.nz in the very near future.

Every few months I get online to see if any descent-like games are in the pipeline, because if one is, I will be there on launch day - guarantee it. It seems that the scene is now, as I predicted it would be four sorry years ago: no new Descent game or equivalent available, and none on the horizon. (Sorry I don't consider a mouse-only mod to be equivalent to Descent.)

I'll keep checking back periodically as time ravages me. Since I stopped playing Descent 3 my eyes have gone long (or my arms have become rather shorter than they once were) and my collection of joysticks gathers dust. Maybe one day, before I'm totally blind I'll have a chance to fight you all in 32-man Burning Indika in a new game... Well, I'll keep dreaming.

You won't believe it I'm sure, but up until PD died, I was still getting about 2-3 emails a month from my old D3Help web site. Incredible.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Actually PlanetDescent.com died, not Dot Net.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Yup.

pd.com = dead
pd.net = alive (and growing)

Mobius, you're welcome over at PlanetDescent.net anytime. :)
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: D3Help will live again.

Post by Gekko71 »

Good to have you posting Mobius - drop by more often. :-)
Mobius wrote:...no new Descent game or equivalent available, and none on the horizon...
IMO Miner Wars is about as close are you're going to get for the foreseeable future.

viewtopic.php?t=16582

No it's not Descent - but that doesn't mean that it won't be enjoyable to play. Certainly it's the closest (most viable) option I've seen personally since Forsaken (IC not withstanding).
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I periodically go through my bookmarks and delete the 404's. I just deleted yours yesterday. Once youget it up again, I'll bookmark it again.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Could it be...? Mobius returns!? :)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

There are more people getting into D1/2/3 now that Gog.com has it for cheap. I'm always pointing people to this board for help to give them a better place to meet other players.
Nirvana
DBB Harasser
DBB Harasser

!!!

Post by Nirvana »

MR ★■◆● STRIP!
Sickone
MIA Host/Admin
MIA Host/Admin

Post by Sickone »

OK Nirv...
there are the posts... now comes the play :)
Every night since Saturday we have been playing
starting at about 10pm. (Tuesday not till 11:30 - so I missed that one). I bail at midnight, but they keep playing.