10.5 (This thread WILL contain spoilers!)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Asrale
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

10.5 (This thread WILL contain spoilers!)

Post by Asrale »

Anyone watch it today? Thought it was interesting and I'll definitely be watching tomorrow to see how it plays out. Although I have to add, if an earthquake event like it occurred in real-life, I'd hope officials wouldn't be nearly as inept as on the show. The writers make out people to be incredible morons, and others beyond aggravating (like the blonde teenage girl!).
Teddy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Teddy »

Poor acting, and poor special effect... must of been the low budget movie of the week :roll:

The previews made this movie look like it was going to be really good, but even the story line is way over predictable. Cant these story writers come up with a fix for a natural disaster other than setting off a few A bombs????
Kumba
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Kumba »

I thought the effects were decent, but did find some parts annoying, the girl for one, and the overly predictable story line. I also found it incredibly dumb that the earthquake with the train, only cracked the earth open at the tracks and as soon as it swallowed the train it stopped. Come on, let's try to make it realistic at least. Ah well, it's something to do at night, so I'll watch the 2nd half, if for nothing else than to see Cali fall into the pacific...
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

What the hell are you people talking about?
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

Vader wrote:What the hell are you people talking about?
10.5 was a stupid earthquake made for tv movie
Teddy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Teddy »

ya, i didnt even want to get started on the train :| and i loved the overhead view where you could easily tell it was a small scale train set. I guess those track layers will learn not to lay the tracks right along a fault line:P

sadly enough, I have nothing better to do so i will most likely watch the second half just to see if it gets any better..
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Damn, there HAS to be something better for you people to do!! Aren't you married? Go seduce your wife. Chase the dog/kids. Hell..watch a plant grow...

"This show is teh_suck, but I'll watch it anyway" Yikes, I'm so glad I don't own a TV.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Sucky stuff can be very amusing. Havnt you ever seen Mystery Science Theater 3000??? Heckling B-Movies is hilarious.

Tiny effects budgets are STUPID.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness!
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

This is my BOOM STICK!!!!! :D
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Testiculese wrote:Damn, there HAS to be something better for you people to do!! Aren't you married? Go seduce your wife. Chase the dog/kids. Hell..watch a plant grow...

"This show is teh_suck, but I'll watch it anyway" Yikes, I'm so glad I don't own a TV.
Testiculese is my new friend. :)
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

I'm with Testi here. TV sucks a$$. Mine is in the garage, and I take it upstairs to watch Formula One, then put it back in the garage.
MD1075
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MD1075 »

Vader wrote:What the hell are you people talking about?
They're talking about this:
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/10.5 (Flash needed)
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

TV is fine if you watch stuff with decent content. I find myself either watching strictly sports, or the movie channels on cable. Nothing else.

I can't stand network TV anymore. Commercials piss me off and these reality shows are becoming an epidemic. The only semi-reality tv show that I can tolerate sometimes is Scare Tactics on Sci-Fi channel, and even that is stupid sometimes. meh...

Don't f34r a 10.5, f34r teh r34lity tv!
Buef
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Buef »

Hated TV until I got my ReplayTV, havent seen a commercial since, and never miss the good stuff (Mostly documentaries on DSC/HST & Race'n)
Liquid Fire
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Liquid Fire »

People actually WATCH made for tv movies? That's sad. Not like funny sad, but like dying puppy sad.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Didn't own a TV for the last 10 (ten)+ years. I get most info of the Inet, magazines or books. (And yes, I do watch movies -- got a Samsung DVD-L100 :))
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

I have a TV only because my mom bought it for my birthday a couple years ago, and it's convenient for watching videos (I pick up $2 VHS movies at the pawn shop and the thrift store whenever I feel like watching something new.) But yeah, I'm with Testi -- for the most part, TV is a waste.

Sounds like I should be glad I didn't watch this movie ;)
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

only things i watch on TV is NASCAR and StarGate SG-1
pipsqueak10
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by pipsqueak10 »

Ugh! Just finished watching part 2, shoulda been called 0.2!
Asrale
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Asrale »

Hey I have a life, something wrong with doing something mindless for a couple hours? I don't usually watch TV either, I get my news from the Internet and usually watch my DVD movies on my computer (except when my roommate needs to not be distracted, or friends are over). I agree, TV mostly sucks, pretty much the only thing I watch is Smallville (only for the Superman mythos though, not a fan of the show itself), sitcom Thursday (because of my girlfriend), and It Is Written (if anyone here actually knows what that is). :P
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Yes, I watched it....and constantly made fun of it the whole time with a heavy scottish accent. Seriously, how could you NOT make fun of this movie? I was all I could do to keep from rolling when that train got swallowed up by that trench....which conveniently stopped after it gobbled up the train. ;) I was making references to Tremors and MIB 2 when that trench was chasing that train. :mrgreen: Hell, when they started spouting off richter scale numbers, it sounded like California was going to warp. :lol:

At the end, was it me, or did it look like California was giving someone a blowjob? :lol:
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

i tryed to watch it but it looks like the camra man descovers zoom for the 1st time and was useing it like crazy
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

brandy (drummergirl) told me last night that she watched it, but she has a thing for really crappy b movies :P

is it anything like the core from a few years ago?

i'd probably watch part of it just to see how bad it actually is... if i had a tv. i got rid of mine last year, i never watched anything but sports and i can download tv shows off the net if i so choose.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

kurupt wrote:brandy (drummergirl) told me last night that she watched it, but she has a thing for really crappy b movies :P

is it anything like the core from a few years ago?

i'd probably watch part of it just to see how bad it actually is... if i had a tv. i got rid of mine last year, i never watched anything but sports and i can download tv shows off the net if i so choose.
Think of it as a mixture of Tremors (the original one, minus the killer worms), Armageddon (minus the big rock in space), and Earthquake (the one made back in the early 90's). That about sums it up.

They must've had a really poor budget because in the scene where the governor is in the debris, you can actually see the studio through the wall! :lol:
WCHeyerdahl
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by WCHeyerdahl »

it was ok
i agree with you on the camrea thing t made me dizzy
:P
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

very poor budget. overall sucked, and that brat arse girl was annyoing, i turned the thing off
Liquid Fire
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Liquid Fire »

I learned my lesson LONG ago with that "merlin" thing.
Teddy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Teddy »

i actually watched the second part just to see if it managed to get any better..... NOPE!!!

I loved how the ground slit right in the middle of tent city but only took about 100yards of the ground collapsed into the fault on the side everone was on(of course stopping where the main caracters tripped while running away ending at thier feet) but took a hundred miles or so on the other...
Asrale
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Asrale »

Man part 2 just degenerated into lameness! What's with the teenage girl going stubborn one second, soft the next? People chatting on the phone as if nothing's going on when they should be RUNNING! I mean hell if there was a real earthquake about to go off any moment, who the hell cares what I'd pack, I wouldn't even bother, I'd run to my car and break all speed limits! No one acted like there was a life-threatening disaster going on...
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

this movie was NBC's response to all the complaints about reality TV on its schedual.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

fliptw wrote:this movie was NBC's response to all the complaints about reality TV on its schedual.
That wouldn't suprise me if that were true.