Pelosi is out of there

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Pelosi is out of there

Post by Heretic »

Let all liberals cry.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

looks like there's a chance we could have a Republican Governor here in Oregon for the first time since the 80's. someone better put TC on Suicide watch :P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Good. I didn't like Pelosi.

Bad. I like Boehner even less.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Here's hoping that for the first time in my life I will get to see what fiscal conservatism looks like.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Democratic Senate and President + Republican house = Absolutely nothing is going to get done in the next two years, especially not any of the \"roll backs\" that republicans are promising.

The only things that are going to get done are the stuff both parties want, which in the end is more favors for the big businesses and rich jackasses who finance the endless campaigns.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Welcome to gridocked America

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-k ... ocked.html
article wrote:From the perspective of actually getting anything done in the next two years, there was perhaps no worse outcome. Republicans don't fully control Congress, so they don't have enough power to be blamed for legislative outcomes. But Democrats don't control the House and they don't have a near-filibuster proof majority in the Senate, so they can't pass legislation. Republicans, in other words, are not left with the burden of governance, and Democrats are not left with the power to govern. Republicans don't have to be responsible, and Democrats can't do it for them.
When all the smoke, hype, and chest-thumping clears, the next two years will be revealed as a time of very little real action. Anyone who thinks you can start some sort of "revolution" in America without a super-majority in the Senate clearly doesn't remember the last two years.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Business as usual. Move on, nothing to see here.
ImageImage
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Many of the Democratic Senators who retired or lost their seats last night had a history of voting against President Obama -- like Blanche Lincoln, Evan Bayh, and Arlen Specter -- were replaced by Republicans.

Republicans might be able to get a 51-vote majority if they can secure the support of moderate Democrats/Independents like Ben Nelson, Joe Lieberman, and Manchin; but they'll never break the 60-vote filibuster threshold. Simply put, there are fewer \"compromise\" Democrats left in the Senate now. Republicans actually gave the boot most of the Democrats who might have voted with them on some issues.

It's a similar situation in the House, too. A great deal of the Republican gains last night were actually won from conservative Democrats like the Blue Dogs. I'd actually argue that, as a result of Republicans winning so many seats from conservative Democrats, what remains of the congressional Democratic caucus is even more liberal (and less willing to compromise with Republicans) than it was before.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I've yet to meet a single registered Democrat who actually liked Pelosi, so I'm not sure what Heretic is implying. :P
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Gooberman wrote:Here's hoping that for the first time in my life I will get to see what fiscal conservatism looks like.
uh... look again. All we're going to get is bureaucratic gridlock. Of course, if you're a classical economist, that's a good thing. And if it is, it's going to be funny watching both sides trying to take credit.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by d3jake »

Avder wrote:Democratic Senate and President + Republican house = Absolutely nothing is going to get done in the next two years, especially not any of the "roll backs" that republicans are promising.

The only things that are going to get done are the stuff both parties want, which in the end is more favors for the big businesses and rich jackasses who finance the endless campaigns.
Ta-daaa!! Give the man a cookie!
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Avder »

d3jake wrote:
Avder wrote:Democratic Senate and President + Republican house = Absolutely nothing is going to get done in the next two years, especially not any of the "roll backs" that republicans are promising.

Ta-daaa!! Give the man a cookie!
I'll take mine as a classic chocolate chip cookie thank you, and I prefer it chewy rather than crunchy.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Government gridlock…sounds like a plan.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by TheWhat »

Spidey wrote:Government gridlock…sounds like a plan.
I think it's a great plan. Now I don't have to read everyone on the dbb.nets oh so clever political jokes they copied from somewhere else and pasted here. ;P
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Avder »

Gridlock would be great if it was total gridlock.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re:

Post by Krom »

Much work remains to be done before we can announce our complete failure to accomplish anything.
Blaze
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Blaze »

I think it's a great plan. Now I don't have to read everyone on the dbb.nets oh so clever political jokes they copied from somewhere else and pasted here. ;P
\"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!\" ;)
dbb.net
There can be only one! ;)
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

/me kicks Blaze in his a$$ for posting that picture ONE more time.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Tunnelcat »

CUDA wrote:looks like there's a chance we could have a Republican Governor here in Oregon for the first time since the 80's. someone better put TC on Suicide watch :P
Nope. We got the 'RETREAD', "cough" The Kitz. Not my choice either.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

tunnelcat wrote:
CUDA wrote:looks like there's a chance we could have a Republican Governor here in Oregon for the first time since the 80's. someone better put TC on Suicide watch :P
Nope. We got the 'RETREAD', "cough" The Kitz. Not my choice either.
Ya just what I wanted, I guy who is running the state that ran the state and says its ungovernable. Oh well 4 more years
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt