Ironman vs Batman

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Ironman vs Batman

Post by Isaac »

There's no way Batman has a chance.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If Batman has any time to plan for it then Iron Man is completely screwed.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Let's just say we give each a week for prep and instruct both to meet in an area on a specific date. No way would Batman win. He'd have to build massive amounts of tech he's never thought of making before. Maybe Batman could outsource some weaponry from a different weapon developer, but nothing will compare to the Ironman suit.

So yeah, if ONLY Batman knew of the fight he'd sneak into Stark's house and zip-tie Stark's wrist to his ankle, winning. That's not really Batman VS Ironman, is it?
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Batman easily.

Batman keeps himself in the peak of physical conditioning, knows tons of martial arts, and has tons of toys in that belt of his.

Ironman is fast and very strong, but at the cost of dexterity. Also there is no way in hell Stark is in the same condition Batman is in, nor does he have the marital prowess to match Batman.

Granted, Ironman lands one half decent blow and Batman is done, but Batman just isn't going to get hit.

Oh, and if Batman has any advanced warning of the fight, AT ALL, there wont even be a contest.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

Avder wrote:...marital prowess...
I thought they were both habitual bachelors. :wink:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

You forget, Avder, that Batman is really only good at fighting enemies weaker than himself. His gear only sometimes works against stronger enemies, like Bane, who almost killed Batman in the comic. Imagine Bane with greater intelligence (far greater), greater speed, and the ability to fly.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

With a week of planning, Batman will so EMP blast Iron Man into the stone age. Martial arts and all that jazz wouldn't even matter, Batman would just turn Iron Man into a human sized paperweight. Even if Tony Stark got out of the suit to continue the fight Batman would just bag him with a net and drop him off at the judge's doorstep.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

A an EMP is massive and a small one might not even work against the suit. And has Batman ever used one against his enemies? He might not be able to build one. Oh, has an EMP ever worked on Ironman?

edit:
in another forum I found that Ironman was hit by an EMP by the "female Hawkeye" (from MASH?) and it only took a few second for Ironman to recover.

edit edit:
http://fans.marvel.com/go/thread/view/1 ... TO_IRONMAN
a true nerd wrote:As he said in the issue right before Bucky took over the role of Captain America, "You think that by this stage of my career I don't know how to deal with an EMP?", or something to that effect. Basically, he's been at this for years, now, so EMP's aren't anything new to him, and he's well prepared for them. Either he builds suits that are hardened against EMP's, or the suit temporarily shuts off just as the EMP is about to go off, and then reactivates right after in order to avoid damage.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

EMPs aren't magical or anything, its just a fluctuating magnetic field that induces voltage within metals. An EMP doesn't have to be nuclear bomb sized big in order to be effective, as long as you get an electromagnetic pulse powerful enough to induce damaging voltages on the target it will burn the circuits.

Nuclear EMP blasts work because they actually warp the Earth's magnetic field, causing it to fluctuate which induces voltages in any metals within the disturbed area of the field. A nuclear EMP blast centered over North America would burn out the power grid and most electronics within several hundred miles in a somewhat U shaped pattern.

However any magnetic field that fluctuates will induce voltage over any conductive material, a fixed magnet waved over a nail will induce voltage into the nail. Electric generators are nothing more than a bunch of magnets that get waved by a bunch of coils.

It is possible to partially shield against an EMP, however shutting down the suit won't do any good because the magnetic field will still induce current into all the components. The only way to harden something against an EMP would be to construct it entirely out of superconductors that naturally reject magnetic fields, but even that has limits. A sufficiently powerful magnetic field will still penetrate even a superconductor and will still induce voltage that could burn the components. Basically short of using magic, it is impossible to completely protect something from a sufficiently powerful EMP.

Batman could beat Superman, and Superman could crush Iron Man with his eyelid, its no contest. :P
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Its a amazing how serious this thread got just now. :lol:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ugh... and I can't fix my grammar errors in my last post because I can't submit my edits!!!

Ok, so you're saying even though Ironman can beat an EMP in the comic that idea should be thrown out because it's not possible in our realm. You realize what his suit runs on, right? How possible is that? Using THEIR comic rules, which they have to abide by since Stark and Wayne can do thing we can't in our world, it's not possible for Batman to win.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

So basically what you are saying is that Iron Man would have to pick a different universe with different laws of physics in order to be able to beat Batman. I think we can agree on that. :P
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

...and to add to my last post, since editing is an issue at the moment...

An Ironman beats an EMP in the comic world.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Krom wrote:So basically what you are saying is that Iron Man would have to pick a different universe with different laws of physics in order to be able to beat Batman. I think we can agree on that. :P
Hahha @ tap dancing.

I'm saying their "laws of physics" are not ours, and thus we can only use our world as a reference when their "history" provides no examples. We have EMPs in Ironman.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

The terrain would matter too. If it was just a big, well-lit open area then Batman would have a harder time. But if it was at night, and there were a bunch of shadows and tall obstacles..
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by VonVulcan »

Krom wrote:Batman could beat Superman, and Superman could crush Iron Man with his eyelid, its no contest. :P
No way can Batman beat Superman! Not buyin it. :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Re:

Post by Krom »

VonVulcan wrote:No way can Batman beat Superman! Not buyin it. :)
No it makes perfect sense when you realize that Batman's super power is "Crazy Prepared", with a week of planning Batman would find and weaponize a supply of Kryptonite (actually according to the comics he keeps some on his belt at all times "just in case") and when Superman showed up he would promptly get owned after having his powers disabled.

Seriously just read the Comics examples from: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... zyPrepared
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Anyone can beat Superman…all you need is Kryptonite.

Krom beat me to it...
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Re:

Post by Heretic »

Krom wrote:
VonVulcan wrote:No way can Batman beat Superman! Not buyin it. :)
No it makes perfect sense when you realize that Batman's super power is "Crazy Prepared", with a week of planning Batman would find and weaponize a supply of Kryptonite (actually according to the comics he keeps some on his belt at all times "just in case") and when Superman showed up he would promptly get owned after having his powers disabled.

Seriously just read the Comics examples from: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... zyPrepared
Superman gave him the Kryptonite.

http://www.helium.com/items/578309-Char ... rformances
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Ok... If the battle took place in a Batman comic, Batman will win. Of course, the same would happen the other way around were the story happening in an Iron Man comic; Iron Man would win.

Taking the two and putting them in the same place means joining the two worlds, including their fighting strategies, from top to bottom; in and out; 大&小!

Both are planners! However, Stark does plan for countering through technology. And Stark is brilliant at this and normally beats the stronger enemy as a result.

How does this compare to the Batman Gambit, linked in your article?

They negate each other! We have a perfect upgrade counter strategy verses a perfect battle counter strategy. Each party is able to predict and research the other to the fullest extent and can brilliantly predict the others actions. Strategy, their most important asset, is equal on both sides of the equation. Clearly, Iron Man's side carries the balance.
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

Oh crap, it burns! I concede. :wink:
(20:12) STRESSTEST: Im actually innocent this time
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

VonVulcan wrote:Oh crap, it burns! I concede. :wink:
If it's my tense shifting in my last post, sorry. I dare not try to edit that post... it won't submit.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Avder »

Isaac wrote:
Ok... If the battle took place in a Batman comic, Batman will win. Of course, the same would happen the other way around were the story happening in an Iron Man comic; Iron Man would win.

Taking the two and putting them in the same place means joining the two worlds, including their fighting strategies, from top to bottom; in and out; 大&小!

Both are planners! However, Stark does plan for countering through technology. And Stark is brilliant at this and normally beats the stronger enemy as a result.

How does this compare to the Batman Gambit, linked in your article?

They negate each other! We have a perfect upgrade counter strategy verses a perfect battle counter strategy. Each party is able to predict and research the other to the fullest extent and can brilliantly predict the others actions. Strategy, their most important asset, is equal on both sides of the equation. Clearly, Iron Man's side carries the balance.
This assumes of course that Stark can figure out several things about Batman. Namely: his real identity, and vulnerabilities he has, and his entire stockpile of secret assets.

Not gonna happen.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Chuck Norris trumps all.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Avider, you forget, Iron Man would not be one of Batman's regular villeins. It's because of Iron Man's intelligence he's powerful. Batman and Iron Man, according to each of their comics, would be able to research, spy, and predict each other almost completely, or at least evenly; they both can make terrible mistakes.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re:

Post by Alter-Fox »

Krom wrote:...(actually according to the comics he keeps some [kryptonite] on his belt at all times "just in case")...
What the... I thought these comics were in separate universes.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

woodchip wrote:Ip Man trumps all.
fixed? ^_~
TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

Easy! Stark Technologies is a Public Company. Wayne Enterprises starts a Hostile takeover and Stark becomes subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises. Thus, Bruce owns Tony. Bruce owns the Suit.

Plus, they are both Good guys. So they wouldn't fight anyway.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Heretic »

Batman would just deploy a Bat Virus from the Bat Computer transmitted through his Bat Cowl Ears to infect Ironman's suit disabling it.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

TOR_LordRaven wrote:Easy! Stark Technologies is a Public Company. Wayne Enterprises starts a Hostile takeover and Stark becomes subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises. Thus, Bruce owns Tony. Bruce owns the Suit.

Plus, they are both Good guys. So they wouldn't fight anyway.
One of the comics had Tony lead a hostile take over to reclaim his company... so Bruce would have to buy shares from Tony? Not possible.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Heretic »

Alter-Fox wrote:
Krom wrote:...(actually according to the comics he keeps some [kryptonite] on his belt at all times "just in case")...
What the... I thought these comics were in separate universes.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

One puts on a mask while the other takes one off... Yet the mask, for one, is his true face, while the other's is not. :o :P
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

While Batman and Ironman are getting jiggy with it, Spiderman would seal the deal and web those two morons together. Marvel beats DC yet AGAIN!
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

So ... What is it with male 'Superheros' that they tend to be bachelors?

Batman = Bachelor (and often has young 'wards')

Iron Man (Tony Stark) = Bachelor, because of a lack of morals, Narcissism, and a bit crazy

Superman = Bachelor, maybe not by choice

and the list goes on ....

You could say it's because having a spouse or significant other puts the other person in danger (true in Tony Stark's case), or you might say that introduces a 'weakness' in their environment ... but I just don't but it.

These guys are all just a bit 'nuts' mostly because they just don't have someone to share their lives with.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

TechPro wrote:These guys are all just a bit 'nuts' mostly because they just don't have someone to share their lives with.
That's actually a significant part of Wayne's and Stark's stories.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Heretic »

TechPro wrote:Superman = Bachelor,
Clark Kent Married Lois Lane
As Clark Kent, Superman lives among humans as a "mild-mannered reporter" for the Metropolis newspaper Daily Planet (Daily Star in the earliest stories). There he works alongside reporter Lois Lane, with whom he is romantically linked. This relationship has been consummated by marriage on numerous occasions across various media, and this union is now firmly established within mainstream comics' continuity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

TechNoob wrote:So ... What is it with male 'superheroes' that they tend to be bachelors?
AlphaDoG wrote:While Batman and Ironman are getting jiggy with it, Spider-Man would seal the deal and web those two morons together. Marvel beats DC yet AGAIN!
Fixed.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Spider-man is married to a super model… 8)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I think it's somewhat relevant to ask, did anybody else think the second Iorn Man Movie was better than the first? I did, but I'm like the only one.