Apparently, Justice Sotomayor is sorta cool

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Apparently, Justice Sotomayor is sorta cool

Post by null0010 »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... titialskip
article wrote:WASHINGTON — Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor has set herself apart from colleagues with her fervent statements protesting the majority's refusal to take some appeals, particularly involving prisoners.

She forcefully dissented when the justices refused to hear the appeal of a Louisiana prisoner who claimed he was punished for not taking his HIV medication. He said prison officials subjected him to hard labor in 100-degree heat. Writing alone, she said the inmate had a persuasive claim of cruel and unusual punishment.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

copy paste?

:P
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

ThunderBunny wrote:copy paste?

ThunderNull??? NullBunny?????
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

ThunderBunny wrote:copy paste?

It took you this long to notice how I start threads?

At least I source it.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

I'm just waiting for Roid to attack you.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So a wise Latino women has deemed working in 100 degree weather is cruel punishment. I wonder how all the other people who work in same conditions willingly feel about that.
Mjolnir
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mjolnir »

Yet another post of Woodchip plugging his ears and going LALALALALALALALA I'LL IGNORE EVERY PROBLEM WITH SUBJECTIVE ANALOGIES/EXCUSE/HEARTSTRINGPULLING..... MUSLIM TERRORISTS!!!!!!!! LALALALALA.

:roll:
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Huh?

I think it’s a valid question.

What did \"you\" add to the thread?
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote:So a wise Latino women has deemed working in 100 degree weather is cruel punishment. I wonder how all the other people who work in same conditions willingly feel about that.
missed the point entirely.
Mjolnir
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Mjolnir »

Spidey wrote:Huh?

I think it’s a valid question.

What did "you" add to the thread?
Nothing I suppose, but...
Ferno wrote:
woodchip wrote:So a wise Latino women has deemed working in 100 degree weather is cruel punishment. I wonder how all the other people who work in same conditions willingly feel about that.
^^^QFT
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Ferno wrote:
Perhaps you could enlighten me
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

I work in a factory with no climate control and it gets well above 100 degrees on some days. I don't feel like I should be forced to work in those conditions because I didn't take my meds. It still does not make Sotomayor any kind of cool.

I would like to know why the guy is in prison for, I have done searches for the crime Mr. Anthony C. Pitre has done but the name is all I can come up with. He may deserve more than he got.
ccb056
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by ccb056 »

Having HIV/AIDS in a prison isn't much different than having a shank....

Woodchip's inherent point is valid
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

is she cool or just Naive?? she cannot possible think she should hear every case brought before her. maybe with more time on the SCOTUS she'll understand that. Not to mention, many of those cases she has no business hearing. if the appellate courts made a sound ruling let it stand. the SC has more important cases to hear than that of a man that refuses to take his med, and has to work in aharsh environment. BOOO HOOO. Welcome to the real world a world that 90% of us live in. Maybe this guy should not have commited a crime to put him in prison and to be subject to prison rules in the first place.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

I'm still waiting for Roid to attack Null for copy/pasting \"spam.\"
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Null's OP quote is cited, but more importantly Null also posts a lot of responses in threads. He doesn't just hit and run like you.

And actually your sudden influx of responses has been awesome Thunderbunny, don't think i havn't noticed :D. Keep it up, it's excellent!