Bee's request has been granted ...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Bee's request has been granted ...

Post by KoolBear »

Bee has requested to be a removed as a moderator, after further consideration I agree that it is in the best interest of the all parties that I accept her request.

Regards,
Mike
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re: Bee's request has been granted ...

Post by CUDA »

I'm sorry to hear that, maybe at a later time Bee
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

So she pulled a Palin :P
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

ya she was forced out of office too. :mrgreen:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

CUDA wrote:I'm sorry to hear that, maybe at a later time Bee
I hope so too, maybe next time she her forum will pick her :)
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

:cry:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ditto. It would have been a fun change. Bee's such a nice person. :cry:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

..so it's like a teacher's lounge in the mod forum..
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

ohh ohh what's the dirt on me in there?
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Bettina wrote:First, I'm walking away from my position knowing I would have been a great moderator...
Well Bettina, It actually looked like you had an awful lot to learn. Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for you, but you were off to a bad start. I found every one of your posts to be more disconcerting than the last. I held back a few comments throughout, so as not to add to your difficulty, but I think the main issue is that you have a good deal of maturing to do before you'd make a "great" moderator.

Should you ever have opportunity to moderate any of these forums in the future, despite my present misgivings, I would like to be hopeful.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Edit... Someone needs to change my avatar back.
You should at least ge tthe Alumni title. :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Bet51987 wrote:Edit... Someone needs to change my avatar back.
Let me know what your original title was (if you had one...).

I could probably look it up on my test systems which have 5 different copies of the DBB running for various tests and retests, but I'm too lazy to start up the VMs again tonight... :P
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Gooberman wrote:
You should at least ge tthe Alumni title. :)
I put her and you in the new group DBB Alumni.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Bet51987 wrote:
Not back but changed :) and added you into this list.

memberlist.php?mode=group&g=36094
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

KoolBear wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:
Not back but changed :) and added you into this list.

memberlist.php?mode=group&g=36094

That reminds me, you guys didn't get me anything for my 10-year, i mean come on, don't be cheap. ;-)
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Bet51987 wrote: I'll tell you why I moved from atheist to agnostic at a later time but I haven't sung in church since November. Everyone knows now but I still go to church, and all is ok.

Bettina
I'll be interested to see a future new post on why you changed your philosophy Bee, since I consider myself as a strong agnostic theist mixed in with a little secular humanism.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:Thank You Cuda for being the first again but just do me one favor. Some night when you hear someone on your lawn planting some agnostic liberal Obama sign, remember that yin yang and aim your gun a little high. It might be me.
No need for Thanks Bee, I believe what I said and I took a stand. much the same whay you did. I felt you did nothing wrong and I defended you. and your welcome :mrgreen:

OH and FYI I use a shot gun :P
I'll tell you why I moved from atheist to agnostic at a later time but I haven't sung in church since November. Everyone knows now but I still go to church, and all is ok.
I'd like to discuss it with you some time. bring your safety goggles :wink: personally I think your moving in the right direction. purely by definition an Agnostic does not deny the existance of God like an Athiest does. they just express doubt.
ag·nos·tic   /ægˈnɒstɪk/ Show Spelled
[ag-nos-tik] Show IPA

–noun
1. a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as god, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I still consider today to be B-Day.
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Bet51987 wrote:Never give access to a new mod until after you remove some of the posts about that mod.
One of our expectations of all moderators is that they'll be mature enough to be able to see controversial, critical comments about themselves and respond to them without flipping out. People who can't handle that don't get to be mods. Despite all the criticism, we trust you to have that level of maturity.

You'll make a great mod someday, and I hope to be in a better position to support you when you next take the leap.
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Haha , Bee says the mods area bunch of backstabbing bastards. :P
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Bet51987 wrote:
flip wrote:Haha , Bee says the mods area bunch of backstabbing bastards. :P
...I will tell you what I saw. There were lots of high end computers with multiple monitors wired up to a LAN. I saw high back leather chairs ...
Bet, I think flip meant to say "mods are a", not "mods area".
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Bet51987 wrote:it was just my opinion that once a new mod is picked and given access to the mod forum I see no purpose in leaving any negative comments
Yes, and I'm voicing a dissenting opinion. Leaving critical comments in place gives the new moderator the opportunity to see what concerns others have, to address the concerns and maybe learn from them. It's not fair to them to put them in a place where they're expected to perform and then hide the information that might help them do so and pretend everything is sunshine and roses. (Along those same lines, it wasn't fair to you to make you a mod without immediately giving you access to that discussion. That was a mistake, and we've learned from it.)

Also, my wife might be concerned that another woman has a poster of me on her wall. It may be wise to cover it with darts.
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Lothar wrote:Leaving critical comments in place gives the new moderator the opportunity to see what concerns others have, to address the concerns and maybe learn from them.
Exactly. At least one organization I know of makes a habit of allowing new members to see the discussion that led to their membership... the positive and the negative.

Why? Because it gives the new member an opportunity to either defend themselves, or improve upon areas of weakness.

Is it harsh? Sure, it can be. I personally recall reading through some discussion of my own merits (and lack thereof in some areas), and feeling a bit put upon. But I wouldn't have it any other way, because it ultimately helped me see myself from another's perspective.
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

Lothar wrote:Also, my wife might be concerned that another woman has a poster of me on her wall. It may be wise to cover it with darts.
I'm sorry, but LOL. Would the opposite be true, if some guy had photos of your wife on his wall?

Sorry Mr. MOD. Off Topic.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

No, it's not like that at all but I will tell you what I saw. There were lots of high end computers with multiple monitors wired up to a LAN. I saw high back leather chairs with dual cupholders, electric height adjustments, and personalized air conditioners. There were no vending machines because the constant stream of beer, peanuts, dips of all kinds, fresh fruit and pizza is rotated every hour by a stream of caterers and delivered by personal servers. There's also a massage therapist on standby for those long hours...I mean meetings. :wink:
Well, I was just kidding at first, but now i hate them all :). Unless I can get some beer and a couple of those massage therapists >:).
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Stuff changes really fast when you're gone for a long time.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

There's 10 year awards being given out?? Where was I?? :P :P
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Well, I ended up staying on for the construction season at the plant up there, so I didn't get back until the middle of October. Then when I got back my boss' ranch was in severe dissarray and there was a lot of work to do, 7 days a week, sun-up to sun-down. But right now we're doing spring calving so I'm on 24 hour on-call so I get to mess around on the computer again. Feels nice. How are you?
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Geez! What? Do you work for a living or something?

Good to see you back.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

SilverFJ wrote:Well, I ended up staying on for the construction season at the plant up there, so I didn't get back until the middle of October. Then when I got back my boss' ranch was in severe dissarray and there was a lot of work to do, 7 days a week, sun-up to sun-down. But right now we're doing spring calving so I'm on 24 hour on-call so I get to mess around on the computer again. Feels nice. How are you?
Totaly inexcusable. you couldn't take 5 minutes of your time and drop in and say Hello :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
SirWinner
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by SirWinner »

It happens.

Taking the high road... good job Bee!

:)
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Pretty sure most of my time off is spent with the girlfriend or at the bar. Thing is right now I gotta be available and (relitively) sober around the clock, so that means computer games and the internet. Not much else to do in this town.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

SilverFJ wrote:Pretty sure most of my time off is spent with the girlfriend or at the bar. Thing is right now I gotta be available and (relitively) sober around the clock, so that means computer games and the internet. Not much else to do in this town.
GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT MAN whats more important?? your Girlfirend or Us ?

― Theodore Roosevelt
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Well Cuda something tells me you're not as pretty as my lady. Don't mean to be shallow :)
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Cmon. dont be a hater. this is me in my younger days. I was a ruggedly handsome man, I thought you were the outdoorsey type :mrgreen:

and this is me in my sensitive days :wink:

― Theodore Roosevelt
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Wow, CUDA....

Growing up, I remember watching Rawhide with my Dad. Clint... er, you... as Rowdy Yates was probably my favorite character. :wink: