Like a Protoss Dragoon

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Like a Protoss Dragoon

Post by woodchip »

I am returned. Anyway, my farewell topic worked as intended and brought a robust discussion to the board as to whom and how moderators are chosen. I tip my hat in respect to Bee for stepping down in consideration of the greater good and not hanging on due to ego or pique. To all who replied to the topic and those who pm'd me, thank you for the replies.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: Like a Protoss Dragoon

Post by Isaac »

Then let me be the first to lurker rush you....
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

woodchip wrote:I am returned. Anyway, my farewell topic worked as intended and brought a robust discussion to the board as to whom and how moderators are chosen
I think at this point we need to have a robust discussion about how there was already a robust discussion going before you got involved.
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Lothar wrote:
woodchip wrote:I am returned. Anyway, my farewell topic worked as intended and brought a robust discussion to the board as to whom and how moderators are chosen
I think at this point we need to have a robust discussion about how there was already a robust discussion going before you got involved.
you mean you didnt just say. HEY!!! Who can we pick that would piss off a select group of people on the E+C forum :P

IMHO Wood, your farewell thread was very unfair to Bee. you took your ball and went home. seems to me thats the same way .com was started.

welcome back though
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Lothar wrote:
Yeah, but mine was MOAR robust :wink:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

CUDA wrote:

IMHO Wood, your farewell thread was very unfair to Bee. you took your ball and went home. seems to me thats the same way .com was started.

welcome back though
I in reality, went nowhere and I did not take the ball as it was not mine to take. I did throw the meat covered ball into the ravening pack of posters and watched as the fur flew. :P Bee is a big girl and is quite capable of handling unfairness all on her own.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

CUDA wrote:IMHO Wood, your farewell thread was very unfair to Bee. you took your ball and went home. seems to me thats the same way .com was started.

welcome back though
You mean he had this kind of a ball? :)
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Ferno wrote:
CUDA wrote:IMHO Wood, your farewell thread was very unfair to Bee. you took your ball and went home. seems to me thats the same way .com was started.

welcome back though
You mean he had this kind of a ball? :)
:mrgreen:

I stand by my comment. I felt the uproar was needless and then I felt like Bee walked into a no win trap
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

I agree with Cuda.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

In this thread, woodchip displays his unwarranted self-importance.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

[quote="Bet51987"

One of the reasons you were able to come back with dignity instead of crawling back on all fours was because I chose it to happen that way. I resigned because I still live by those principles my father gave me so don't shove that gift in my face by riding in here on a high horse pretending to be a champion.[/quote]

And just what makes you think I would ever crawl on all fours to come back? So much for trying to be respectful to you.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Some good junk reading here.
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

So the secret to having robust discussions is woodchip's absence? ;)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Jeff250 wrote:So the secret to having robust discussions is woodchip's absence? ;)
Only when I say I'm absent :P
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

woodchip wrote:
Jeff250 wrote:So the secret to having robust discussions is woodchip's absence? ;)
UHM next time you say your Absent you might wish to hide your status. we all knew you were still here, remember this?
Grendel wrote:See you at .com BTW, I can see you are "online". May want to change you profile to stealth mode if you keep peeking around here :P

it was kind of like when my 2 year old grandson covers his eyes with his hands playing hide and seek and says "you cant see me Grandpa" :P

The Irony is, that while you may have achieved the results you wanted by Bee stepping down she's the one that came out of this looking good. She took a stand, and stood by her convictions after being set up even knowing the backlash that could come of it. and then was Gracious in her handling of it. she didn't throw the tantrum and run off to her room to sulk because she didn't like the decision that was made. the same cannot be said for a couple of this forums members

― Theodore Roosevelt
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

CUDA wrote:
woodchip wrote:
UHM next time you say your Absent you might wish to hide your status. we all knew you were still here, remember this?
Grendel wrote:See you at .com BTW, I can see you are "online". May want to change you profile to stealth mode if you keep peeking around here :P

it was kind of like when my 2 year old grandson covers his eyes with his hands playing hide and seek and says "you cant see me Grandpa" :P
I did log in to respond to pm's. By "leaving" intent was not to post. You too can take the tunnel vision blinders off. :wink:
CUDA wrote:The Irony is, that while you may have achieved the results you wanted by Bee stepping down she's the one that came out of this looking good. She took a stand, and stood by her convictions after being set up even knowing the backlash that could come of it. and then was Gracious in her handling of it. she didn't throw the tantrum and run off to her room to sulk because she didn't like the decision that was made. the same cannot be said for a couple of this forums members
She looked good until she made her response to me in this topic. Now she shows herself to be the denigrating, harping Bee we all know and love.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Try not to sprain something while patting yourself on the back woody.

But if you did, I'm sure there's a nurse or two out there that would be quite willing to put you through some painful rehabilitation.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I think Foils a good choice, but come to think of it, I can't name any regular that I would think is a bad choice. We are a small group that have been around for a long time. So in that sense, I think all of this hoopla is a bit like mustard in a pocket watch.