Went to ECCC

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Went to ECCC

Post by Richard Cranium »

The Emerald City Comic Convention was fun. I went all three days. This is the first time I've ever gone to any thing like this. Here are some of the photos I took there. http://www.flickr.com/photos/63279232@N ... 205547424/

RC
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Went to ECCC

Post by snoopy »

I have to admit, I think the large majority of the costumes are lame.

Maybe it's just me, though.
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I went to an anime convention once. It was crazy. They even had a stand-up comic be banned from ever appearing on stage again in any of their future cons. Me and a friend crashed homeless style while we were there with a bunch of other nerds.

There were a couple dead-on costumes. Two ghost busters with the packs and Vash.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

One of my family members is pretty serious about anime cons, enough that she's actually on the board of at least one or two of them. Her costumes are pretty amazing; she spends a lot of time on them.

I've been wanting to go with her to one of those conventions someday, despite my very limited knowledge about the subject. I think it would be fun. :)
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

Ya, since it was the first one I've ever been to I wasn't really sure what to expect. I'd seen photos from others and thought that I was going to see a lot more of that kind of stuff there. I'd guess only about 1/4 of the people dressed up in costumes. Someone told me that the anime conventions have a lot more people dressing up and is way more intense.

While I was there I purchased some art from Jason Palmer. He is an incredible artist! Anyway, the set I purchased is a Serenity/Firefly set part of a limited edition print run of 300. Out of that 300 only 100 of them are put together as a complete set signed and matching numbered. The set I got had a printing problem, or a lack of printing problem really. The outside cover of the case didn’t get printed with the logo so he said that he would hand paint the cover and I could pick it up the next day. It turned out really good, a little lighter in color that the printed version but very cool. I’ll take a low res photo of the set I purchased and post it later.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=jas ... &FORM=IGRE
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

I go to an anime & comic con every month, as I work on a monthly convention. :mrgreen:

Although is not a that big con, I've seen some pretty nice costumes from time to time (without taking in account I've been a cosplayer before :P )
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)