Issue with Google Search reulsts

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Issue with Google Search reulsts

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Ok, everytime I use google to do a search, I get the results and before I click the link I make sure it's pointing to a proper address. But once I click, I always seem to be redirected to some 'I won an IPAD" page. If i them use my firefox "back" icon, it brings me back 1 page before my google search.

Is this some malware? Scanned my system with SuperAntiSpy but it didn't bring up anything weird.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Issue with Google Search reulsts

Post by Krom »

Scan with malwarebytes.

Also, check your proxy settings in both firefox and IE. If there is a proxy set on 127.0.0.1 (any port), then you have a virus.
FireFox
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Issue with Google Search reulsts

Post by FireFox »

Yes I second Krom scan with malwarebytes. I personally don't leave my home network to wander the fast realm of the internet without spybot and malwarebytes running 8)

Once had an internet browser hack that did something similar and I've seen an other user mentioning something like a googleredirect virus he or his wife fell victim too.
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing!