20 Games Of Descent 1,2 Played in one day !!!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Kida
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

20 Games Of Descent 1,2 Played in one day !!!

Post by Kida »

I have never played as much descent as i have in the past few months. Since the revival of the rangers, so many material defenders have been coming out of the woodwork. :shock:
On just 5/10/2011 there were 20 games of descent 1,2 played, on maps ranging from atropos, dementia, minerva d1, neptune d2, gigadeath (yes, shakers), and many others. :D
http://www.descentrangers.com/public/te ... chType=AND
Plz stop by http://www.descentrangers.com and check out our membership page, under the hanger section.
Hope to see you in the mines soon :)
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: 20 Games Of Descent 1,2 Played in one day !!!

Post by Canuck »

Man I hate it when work keeps me from Descent! Come on you D3 players... dig out your D1 and D2 and hop into the mines with us! I promise you will have a great time;
http://www.descentrangers.com
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Man, and I haven't played regularly in years. I must be doing it wrong. :P
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Yes... yes you are. Drop by and we'll knock the rust off your ship.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I don't know...basic anarchy/deathmatch sort of lost its shine for me in general a long time ago. There's only so many times I can fly around randomly shooting people before I get tired of it. I greatly prefer game modes that have some level of team-based strategy (which is why TF2 has its hooks in me so deep), which when it comes to Descent pretty much leaves CTF. It's a shame that Entropy never got much play-time in D3.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Top Gun wrote:...team-based strategy... which when it comes to Descent pretty much leaves CTF.
Ah, you never heard about BreakOut?

Entropy, Team Hoard, and even Guardian games also pop up from time to time.

P.S. Nothing wrong with CTF. In a good level with good players, the strategy and team-play can get crazy good.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

It's definitely not all anarchy at the Rangers we play all the modes and versions of Descent, there is a team co-op tourney coming up June 3rd/2011 so sign up get a sponsor and your vouches, seriously guys the games are intense over here with all the old players coming back. I play flag along with many more Rangers such as MD1224 who loves D3 Flag. Right now we are getting our game on with D1 and D2, and there seems to be more team based games being organized. We have over 40 active pilots with more recruits every week and we have every style of player and skill levels.