Ok it's official, Obama IS a dumbass

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Ok it's official, Obama IS a dumbass

Post by flip »

Anybody see our President get scolded on TV and in front of millions? This after bowing lower at every meeting with a foreign leader. C'mon, considering we are in a world market and world globalization, we sure need someone more able to assert himself and present at least a strong front. It seems he has no idea of how to make others feel subordinate, unlike the queen of England or any of these other almost countless individuals he almost bangs his head on the ground for. A real leader would know how to act on the world stage and present strength and ableness while at the same time commanding and reciprocating equal respect for all. Anybody remember when he got out of his limo when he was elected and started walking with his wife? Well, halfway through you could see him start swaying and going "uh huh" and his wife michelle subtly and gently touched his arm and straightens him right back up. I started worrying then. Without the help of handlers and good press, this guy is totally inept.

EDIT: Wow after going back and looking at this video it's obvious it was done on purpose to make him look like a fool, and he bit hook line and sinker. When that music started 'halfway' through his toast, he should have stopped, continually smiled and looked straight at the queen the whole time. It was a setup and he has no skills on his feet.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Ok it's official, Obama IS a dumbass

Post by null0010 »

Link?
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Just do a search for obama queen fool.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I love how on memorial day our commander in chief is out playing golf while his troops die in foreign lands
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

woodchip wrote:I love how on memorial day our commander in chief is out playing golf while his troops die in foreign lands
yes how dare he enjoy our national holiday that millions of american citizens enjoy

HOW DARE HE

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

Flip, I see a video of some music playing while Obama toasts to England and the Queen. Where is the reason for outrage?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

No one is supposed to speak during their National Anthem, which conveniently starts "wink,wink" after he has begun speaking. It was a political move that put the Queen in a more powerful position than Obama, and reveals how little respect he has actually garnered from the rest of the world's leaders. They do not want to deal with him on an equal basis.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Apparently protocol, which is important there especially to a queen that is largely just a symbolic gesture of authority, dictates that no one toasts the Queen until after her theme song has played.
Obama doesn't seem to remember his briefings on this kind of stuff or else he simply rejects it, or maybe no one in his entourage is briefing him for whatever reason they may have for that.
Remember his whole agenda is, for the most part, to get revenge on the powerful people. He's been operating from that perspective within every job he's ever had before becoming president...all three of them.
I think that is why he looks so out of place when he is among them. He's like the guy who told all his friends how much he hates them, broke in to steal their silverware and stumbled into being seated at the dinner table now he can feel his friends watching him through the window.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

null0010 wrote:
woodchip wrote:I love how on memorial day our commander in chief is out playing golf while his troops die in foreign lands
yes how dare he enjoy our national holiday that millions of american citizens enjoy

HOW DARE HE

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE
AGREED some people want to piss and moan about everything the POTUS does. the only way some people would be happy with him celebrating memorial day would be if he was on the front lines in Afghanistan getting shot at.

GET OVER IT PEOPLE, these things are trivial
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

CUDA wrote:
null0010 wrote:

HOW DARE HE

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE
AGREED some people want to piss and moan about everything the POTUS does. the only way some people would be happy with him celebrating memorial day would be if he was on the front lines in Afghanistan getting shot at.

GET OVER IT PEOPLE, these things are trivial
Criticize him for policy decisions and failures to act, not for what he does for fun or where he is physically standing. The President can do his Presidenting from any location on the globe.

I think Obama did the right thing by talking right through the Queen's silly national anthem. Regardless of his choice in that situation (talk though the national anthem, or stand there like a dork for 2 minutes) he would have been criticized.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

The way I see it, if this is really the best thing people can come up with to criticize Obama, he must be doing a decent job overall. :P
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Top Gun wrote:The way I see it, if this is really the best thing people can come up with to criticize Obama, he must be doing a decent job overall. :P
Well, when all the legitimate complaints end you should throw a party for him ;)
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

null0010 wrote:..
I think Obama did the right thing by talking right through the Queen's silly national anthem. Regardless of his choice in that situation (talk though the national anthem, or stand there like a dork for 2 minutes) he would have been criticized.
Maybe both of those choices are wrong and the right thing was to wait for the appropriate time to offer the toast.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Wait, didn't Michelle actually do a big no no by touching the queen the first time they met and didn't Obama give her a cheesy Cd ? Seems the Firsts are pretty inept at protocol.

and before you all jump on me for the golf outing comment, seems the Brits think it's pretty disrespectful also:

"Can you imagine David Cameron enjoying a round of golf on Remembrance Sunday? It would be inconceivable for the British Prime Minister to do so, and not just because of the usually dire weather at that time of the year. Above all, it would be viewed as an act of extremely bad taste on a day when the nation remembers and mourns her war dead."

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nileg ... sidential/
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

null0010 wrote:I think Obama did the right thing by talking right through the Queen's silly national anthem. Regardless of his choice in that situation (talk though the national anthem, or stand there like a dork for 2 minutes) he would have been criticized.
cant argue with that. but what I could pick on him for was the half dozen other bonehead moves that he did during that Visit. doesn't this man have advisers that instruct him on proper etiquette when dealing with Heads of state???
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Yeah, I'm still going to jump on you for the golf outing comment. If it's "extremely bad taste" for the President to go golfing, it's also "extremely bad taste" for Joe Citizen to hold a Memorial Day cookout.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote:Wait, didn't Michelle actually do a big no no by touching the queen the first time they met and didn't Obama give her a cheesy Cd ? Seems the Firsts are pretty inept at protocol.
The Queen actually reciprocated and hugged Michelle back, so what surprised people at the time is that she seemingly welcomed the breach of protocol. And I don't know about this time, but the gifts they gave the Queen this time seemed very thought-out in nature, including a bunch of photos of her father King George visiting the US prior to WWII.

And honestly, seeing as how most Americans view Memorial Day as "that weekend where we go to the beach and maybe buy some furniture," I don't see how Obama happening to get in a round of golf after acknowledging the true meaning of the day earlier is a big deal either way. Or is this just round two of raking Bush over the coals for that one infamous golf round?
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I'm surprised to see Americans, on Memorial Day no less, so preoccupied with how we're treating the English crown.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

In my opinion only 2 things could have happened here. He could have pointed out the rudeness of starting the anthem while our President was speaking, or Obama could have looked like a child being quietly corrected by his grandmother. Do you think that's all the President does? NO, he goes around the world and barters deals or has his representatives do it. I've dealt in the construction business for over 20 years and one thing I've learned is to never think you are friends when there is money or business involved. It's gonna be downplayed here of course, because our media crowned him the next "messiah", but you can believe that that incident will be used to make him seem ignorant and classless and subordinate to a woman. It's gonna be hard for him to make demands when he has not a lot of respect. That's what bothers me about it.

Edit: I guess also the Queen could have probably showed some discretion and grace =/, but that would have defeated the purpose, huh?
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Inspired by this.

si vis pacem, para bellum
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

null0010 wrote:Yeah, I'm still going to jump on you for the golf outing comment. If it's "extremely bad taste" for the President to go golfing, it's also "extremely bad taste" for Joe Citizen to hold a Memorial Day cookout.
Joe citizen is not the commander in chief.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I dunno, maybe Woodchip is right. We're talking one day out of the whole year and he IS commander in chief. Probably would have went a long way towards morale for the troops and maybe garnered a little respect ;). It's Memorial day.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Well it's a non-issue for me really, but I'm not the President. I'm a dumbass redneck that lives in the kudzu. To him that has been given much, from him much will be required.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

yeah, that video flip is referring to is a nice fake.

The Queen has been doing this since before Bill Clintion was born, its unlikely that they'd let something like that happen.

to wit: hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHna8oAG9JQ&fea ... age#t=110s
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Hmm, I first heard about this in a 5-6 second clip on the morning news then went looking for more. This is a fake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7ZCsfyaOGdw
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

flip wrote:Hmm, I first heard about this in a 5-6 second clip on the morning news then went looking for more. This is a fake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7ZCsfyaOGdw
I don't think that is fake, it looks just like another one I saw just after the event but not the same camera angle.
You can see the lady to Obama's right react when he suggests raising the glasses prematurely, she seems to have known instantly that Obama was about to mess up the proper chain of events and the Queen held fast to protocol but it also looks like she rushed to grab her glass at the first proper instant like she wanted to help Obama out. I think if she was relishing in the moment of his mistake she would have taken her time to raise her glass watching everyone else raise theirs at the proper time to let him languish in his noobishness as long as possible but she didn't seem to want that moment to live one second longer than necessary.
Starting the music on time was probably done with the hope he would recognize he was out of synch and would then hold off the raising of the glasses part of his comments until the theme song was over.

My biggest complaint is why is he reading from notes?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Yeah I think so too. He's just a dumbass then.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Will Robinson wrote:My biggest complaint is why is he reading from notes?
The Queen read from notes too. Is that also worthy of complaint?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

null0010 wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:My biggest complaint is why is he reading from notes?
The Queen read from notes too. Is that also worthy of complaint?
sometimes, depends on the circumstances

― Theodore Roosevelt
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

The Queen is an old lady, really old, and I don't really care how she looks to the world because she doesn't represent me, she is insignificant. She could drool all over her shirt while she talks and I wouldn't complain.
Obama is not only my President but supposedly the smartest President we've ever had and the worlds greatest speaker.
My instincts are that when you have only a few lines to say and the content of those brief comments are expressing admiration for someone it comes off as insincere if you have to read it off of a card.

Not a big deal to me but it was all a part of him looking like he wasn't prepared for an event that he himself apparently felt the need to prepare for otherwise why have the cards?
I spent 8 years suffering through watching G.W.Bush stand beside Tony Blair as they often did taking questions and speaking and the contrast was embarrassing. I'd like to at least be able to enjoy having a sharper representative this time around but he really isn't is he?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Cards are the new teleprompter
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Well, I was always kinda skeptical about Obama but was unwilling to just believe the propaganda. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I just don't understand this hero mentality these days where it concerns our representatives. It seems that people have not thought through what globalization really means. It means that every nation is gonna agree to give up some of it's sovereignty, and pitch in together. This means that every nation will have to operate under the same guidelines, to avoid global economic catastrophe. Every nation is gonna have to evolve and sacrifice I believe was the key word. I got nothing against Obama personally and I see him doing as good a job as any other president I've known in my lifetime, but he is not the man for the job. He was just a community organizer, probably well meaning and wanting to serve and ended up in the right place at the right time.I wouldn't doubt he's being manipulated right now by people smarter than him, with loads more experience doing it. There is no way this guy is gonna be able to stand on equal ground with these people. He's a mascot.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You're blaming Obama for what may have been a failure on the part of his staff to do the proper research. Not every detail can be figured out or planned for in advance either. I'd like to see most of you get put into this type of high pressure situation, as a head of state by the way, and NOT do at least ONE screwup.

You're forgetting Bush, HW Bush and Reagan had their little not-so-flattering moments in front of the cameras.

LOOKED DOOR

BAD SUSHI

NEGRO

Oh, and Bush tried to distance himself from the golfing during war thing and that didn't come off very well either. Veterans were not very amused with Bush's giving up golf declaration as support for the troops. All this from the man who dodged the draft during the time he was called on to do his duty, with papa's connections and help of course.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/ma ... gebush.usa

Oh, and he could get bin Laden with a single drive!

NOW WATCH THIS DRIVE
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

tunnelcat wrote:You're blaming Obama for what may have been a failure on the part of his staff...
Like I said it's not a big deal but your response has me wondering...are you prepared to be consistent with the application of that shield?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

uh oh. Obama's faupa are soon gonna be GW's fault :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Honestly TC, who gives a ★■◆● what President Kennedy did or George Washington. It has nothing to do with the here and now and to keep going back like that is damaging to progress. Half the people here knew exactly what he did wrong when he did it. It's been done that way for God knows how long and to surmise that it might have been someone else's fault is ridiculous. Your support of the man borders on fanaticism. What exactly do you have invested in this particular president and wouldn't you like to have one that at least knew how to carry himself and project strength instead of appearing foolish every 3-4 weeks? I don't get why it HAS to be Obama.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:Well, I was always kinda skeptical about Obama but was unwilling to just believe the propaganda. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I just don't understand this hero mentality these days where it concerns our representatives. It seems that people have not thought through what globalization really means. It means that every nation is gonna agree to give up some of it's sovereignty, and pitch in together. This means that every nation will have to operate under the same guidelines, to avoid global economic catastrophe. Every nation is gonna have to evolve and sacrifice I believe was the key word. I got nothing against Obama personally and I see him doing as good a job as any other president I've known in my lifetime, but he is not the man for the job. He was just a community organizer, probably well meaning and wanting to serve and ended up in the right place at the right time.I wouldn't doubt he's being manipulated right now by people smarter than him, with loads more experience doing it. There is no way this guy is gonna be able to stand on equal ground with these people. He's a mascot.
Y'know...there was another president I can think of who didn't have much experience prior to taking office. He was a country lawyer, served a single term in the House of Representatives, and lost a few times when going for the Senate. But despite that comparable lack of experience, he did get elected to the presidency, and by most accounts, he did a decent job. You may have heard of the guy...I think his first name was Abraham.

Regardless, is there any pressing reason why anyone should give a ★■◆● about this incident? Onoz, Obama spoke a minute or two before he should have at a state function! That means he's the worst president we've ever had!
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

No, it's the culmination of many of these really and your comparison could be said of most the First Presidents. It's almost like comparing the middle ages to the renaissance. I'm pretty sure we could do better and probably not much worse. If you take into account all the variables pertinent to our position in the world, Obama and Bush jr. both have done nothing but weaken and destabilize our position in a world economy. Taking that into consideration and the fact that really our only voice is our vote, I say vote a completely new one every 4 years. They are all the same, why let one stay in there long enough to really do damage?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:No, it's the culmination of many of these really and your comparison could be said of most the First Presidents. It's almost like comparing the middle ages to the renaissance. I'm pretty sure we could do better and probably not much worse. If you take into account all the variables pertinent to our position in the world, Obama and Bush jr. both have done nothing but weaken and destabilize our position in a world economy. Taking that into consideration and the fact that really our only voice is our vote, I say vote a completely new one every 4 years. They are all the same, why let one stay in there long enough to really do damage?
So Bush and/or Obama were somehow singlehandedly able to weaken our position in the global economy, all by their lonesome? And here I thought it was a big mess of complicated socioeconomic factors and terrible financial practices that led to where we are today.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I never said singlehandedly. It's all 100 senators,435 representatives and 9 justices too =/. We can't touch the justices, the rest should be recycled regularly.