How about Fascism?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

How about Fascism?

Post by VonVulcan »

We’re All Fascists Now!

http://howestreet.com/2011/10/fascists/

This article cuts it to the bone.
(20:12) STRESSTEST: Im actually innocent this time
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: How about Fascism?

Post by Tunnelcat »

Bunk!

So who paid for our interstate highway system, that every person and business benefits and profits from greatly NOW? Taxpayers. And next time an old taxpayer built bridge falls into a river and kills scores of people and puts a big crimp on commerce and access because we as a country couldn't come up with the cash to FIX IT, who you gonna blame? If you're a right winger, Obama.

And who paid for that airport you flew out of yesterday? Taxpayers. But say you now have to travel to a larger city, on a private toll road now because the interstate system was privatized just to maintain it, to even get on an airplane, all because funding was cut that used to support your regional airport and it was closed down. Who you gonna blame? If you're a right winger, Obama.

I'm getting tired of this Fascism crap! We need our infrastructure repaired and upgraded. It's falling apart! It's in our national interest for criss sake! It was originally built using taxpayer funds, it needs to be repaired using taxpayer funds. It's for the benefit of the PEOPLE! And anything that improves the efficiency and speed of mass transit is a benefit to everyone in the form of ease of travel, commerce and new immediate JOBS.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

the sad part is that everything you write,TC, is true, and despite that fact, so many question it. Since I hang out with my parents and their fellow retirement community dwellers from time to time, it's informative to note that few, if any, of those quite well-off octo-and-nonogenarians disagrees with you, either.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

are you kidding TC? the US government would NEVER put any money to infrastructure improvement, because all the money is going to their pay raises, military, bailouts, and keeping jobs in China.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Yeah, why are 5 central banks pumping US dollars into a failing economy and none is being spread around here?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

How about Obama, instead of asking for Stimulus III to build roads etc., asks to repurpose all those billions that are allocated but not really spent yet in Stimulus' I and II?
Right now the dirty little secret that NO Congressperson from Either party wants to admit is their is an absolute TON of money that they put into those first two extortion scams that is just sitting unspent.
If they finally figured out where the "shovel ready jobs" are then please use the money they already took for that purpose and go ahead and show us the improvement off of that bundle before we go and write them another blank check!

They won't though because both party's see those unspent stimulus dollars as a slush fund to buy votes with. so the rhetoric and elections are all about which branch of the one-party-disguised-as-two gets to spend it on building their own power up.

Any of you who think either the R's or D's (pick your party) are the ones who would fix things if not for the dirty tricks of the R's or D's (pick your party's enemy)...well you are the reason we are in this mess right now. It's time you lurched upward, grabbed the rim and helped pull us collectively out of the toilet. Vote them all out. Period...or end of story.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno wrote:are you kidding TC? the US government would NEVER put any money to infrastructure improvement, because all the money is going to their pay raises, military, bailouts, and keeping jobs in China.
I don't know where you live Ferny, but here in Michigan our interstate roads and bridges seem to be in pretty fair shape with re-work going on all the time. And we have no toll roads.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote:I don't know where you live Ferny, but here in Michigan our interstate roads and bridges seem to be in pretty fair shape with re-work going on all the time. And we have no toll roads.

aaaand you miss the point.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:I don't know where you live Ferny, but here in Michigan our interstate roads and bridges seem to be in pretty fair shape with re-work going on all the time. And we have no toll roads.
Better not drive over some of these bridges.

But don't worry. The odds of one failing right when you happen to drive over it is probably infinitesimal. :wink:
Ferno wrote:are you kidding TC? the US government would NEVER put any money to infrastructure improvement, because all the money is going to their pay raises, military, bailouts, and keeping jobs in China.
I'm not defending the government. Screwed up priorities are screwed up priorities. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

tunnelcat wrote:I'm not defending the government. Screwed up priorities are screwed up priorities. :roll:

aaaand you missed the point aswell!