Insider Trading

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Insider Trading

Post by woodchip »

Most of us here know that someone using inside information to buy or sell stocks is illegal. How many of you know that if you are a congressman or their aides, that you are immune from prosecution if you use inside info to buy or sell stocks? :

"Congress is immune from insider-trading laws; federal regulators have never brought an insider-trading case against either congressional members of their staffs. Unlike many executive branch employees, lawmakers and aides don't have restrictions on their stock holdings and ownership interests in companies they oversee. "

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 20172.html

So now you know kiddies how our federal elected officials become millionaires soon after getting elected. So where's the outrage ?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Insider Trading

Post by flip »

We're all a bunch of peasants.
"Some even believe we are a part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty and I am proud of it." - David Rockefeller from his book, David Rockefeller: Memoirs.

"We shall have world government, whether or not we like it. The question is only whether world government will be achieved by consent or by conquest." - James Warburg (Rothschild Banking Agent 1950)

"We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order." - David Rockefeller
The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.John F. Kennedy
Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.- Dwight Eisenhower
2 presidents of the United States making legitimate warnings or just ravings of conspiracy theorists? They own us now.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

woodchip wrote:So where's the outrage ?
If only there was some sort of nationwide protest movement, some group of people agitated about this sort of thing, perhaps they could go to populated centers of business and just sort of hang out there and maybe compile some sort of list of grievances.

Well, I guess we can dream.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Lol, nothing more than a huge temper tantrum. Nothing will change. Warnings were ignored for the better part of 50 years. Now it is finished, get mad all you want.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

So we should just quietly accept our fates, then?
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

No, adjust to it and at least see it for what it is. You will not change the forward direction at this point, too much momentum. Only thing left to do now is hope we can get better conditions or put your dancing shoes on.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

My question is…why is this news?

Civics 101 people.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

"Some even believe we are a part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States
Because I don't think a great deal of people realized this. That there were rich and powerful people working together to intentionally make it impossible for the US to stand alone and secretly trying to find ways to weaken it from within.
"We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order." - David Rockefeller
Was this huge, world-wide economic collapse just a huge strike of luck for this end, or engineered?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Engineered. :twisted:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:My question is…why is this news?

Civics 101 people.

if you are referring to the immunity statutes regarding Congress, you are correct. Also, as much as I admire Eisenhower, for him to say that there wasn't an armaments industry prior to WWII is just factually incorrect(Quote above). DuPont, for instance profitted from several conflicts, arming both sides once they invented smokeless gunpowder in the 19th century. A major reason for US reluctance to enter international conflicts was the economic/political pressure brought to bear from DuPont and their close partners at Standard Oil and General Motors.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Civics 101 people.
I don't think they teach anything of what we are discussing in civic 101. Or any civic class for that matter
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Is this what we're talking about?
Brock Chisolm, former Director of the (United Nations) World Health Organization, is quoted as saying, "To achieve world government, it is necessary to remove from the minds of men, their individualism, loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogmas."
‎"No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a Luciferian Initiation."
David Spangler, Director of Planetary Initiative, United Nations
‎"The Council on Foreign Relations is "the establishment." Not only does it have influence and power in key decision-making positions at the highest levels of government to apply pressure from above, but it also announces and uses individuals and groups to bring pressure from below, to justify the high level decisions for converting the U.S. from a sovereign Constitutional Republic into a servile member state of a one-world dictatorship."

Former Congressman John Rarick 1971
‎"The New World Order will have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top down...but in the end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece will accomplish much more than the old fashioned frontal assault."

CFR member Richard Gardner, writing in the April l974 issue of the CFR's journal, Foreign Affairs.
‎"The existing order is breaking down at a very rapid rate, and the main uncertainty is whether mankind can exert a positive role in shaping a new world order or is doomed to await collapse in a passive posture. We believe a new order will be born no later than early in the next century and that the death throes of the old and the birth pangs of the new will be a testing time for the human species."

Richard A. Falk, in an article entitled "Toward a New World Order: Modest Methods and Drastic Visions," in the book On the Creation of a Just World Order (1975)
My country's history, Mr. President, tells us that it is possible to fashion unity while cherishing diversity, that common action is possible despite the variety of races, interests, and beliefs we see here in this chamber. Progress and peace and justice are attainable. So we say to all peoples and governments: Let us fashion together a new world order."

Henry Kissinger, in address before the General Assembly of the United Nations, October 1975)
‎"If we do not follow the dictates of our inner moral compass and stand up for human life, then his lawlessness will threaten the peace and democracy of the emerging new world order we now see, this long dreamed-of vision we've all worked toward for so long."

President George Bush (January 1991)
"How I Learned to Love the New World Order"

Article by Sen. Joseph R. Biden, Jr. in The Wall Street Journal (April 1992)
When this happens, the christian can no longer be christian, the muslim can no longer be muslim, the american can no longer be american. You must denounce all things and swear allegiance unto this new thing.

Repeated for emphasis:
‎"No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a Luciferian Initiation."

David Spangler, Director of Planetary Initiative, Spiritual adviser to the UN
Hmm, where have I heard this before? Luciferian Initiation.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Flip, you're mashing together a bunch of quotes from both reasonable people and whackjobs that happen to be using the same phrase to refer to different concepts. I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove with it.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Because I don't think a great deal of people realized this. That there were rich and powerful people working together to intentionally make it impossible for the US to stand alone and secretly trying to find ways to weaken it from within.
They all have a common goal. There's only one "unreasonable" quote.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

woodchip wrote:

Civics 101 people.
I don't think they teach anything of what we are discussing in civic 101. Or any civic class for that matter
Half of what's wrong with this country.