White people for GOP

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

White people for GOP

Post by woodchip »

I'm starting a White Peoples action committee to get a white person back into the White House. All you here who are Caucasian are welcome to become part of a cause to get the black overseer in the White House de-elected. I urge all of you to go to your respective churches and get the church involved in helping to give Obama the boot. Together as good white folk we will defeat Obama come November.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re: White People for GOP

Post by CUDA »

I've got to admit Wood. that's probably the dumbest thing you've ever posted :roll:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

You don't like white people?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I think he’s referring to this…

http://www.barackobama.com/african-americans

I clicked on “taxes”…lol @ the Buffett rule, that guy wants more taxes so the people…errr government can subsidize his energy projects.

Can you say ulterior motive?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Sorry that you're a bit slow this morning Cuda. Spidey got the right of it. For a president who was going to be the great unifier, Obama turns out to be the biggest racist in the room. A link to Obama voicing his desire for black folk to rise up and vote him in for another 4 years where blacks have seen their unemployment rise and get on more food stamps than ever before under his watch. So Obama, while ignoring black folks for going on 4 years now, wants them to cast their vote for him. Sadly a lot of them will do so.:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/3 ... 45395.html

Note, TC can't berate my source :P
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

woodchip wrote:Sorry that you're a bit slow this morning Cuda. Spidey got the right of it. For a president who was going to be the great unifier, Obama turns out to be the biggest racist in the room. A link to Obama voicing his desire for black folk to rise up and vote him in for another 4 years where blacks have seen their unemployment rise and get on more food stamps than ever before under his watch. So Obama, while ignoring black folks for going on 4 years now, wants them to cast their vote for him. Sadly a lot of them will do so.:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/3 ... 45395.html

Note, TC can't berate my source :P
Not slow at all. it's a stupid post. all you do is perpetuate the premise that all GOP are racist and any white person that votes against Obama is a racist. I've found that those that claim racism the most are the biggest offenders. try and not stoop to that level and rise above it. besides there are some on the left side of this board that will say "see I told ya so"
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

LOL!

Either woodchip has a dream, or woodchip has a point. :mrgreen:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I guess Cuda, the term "Tongue in Cheek" is not in your lexicon.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

What does it matter woodchip? The GOP hasn't been representing your status as a middle class American for thirty years and you still vote for them...these posts are nuts man. I'm worried about you; this constant worry and moaning is detrimental to your health big guy.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

woodchip wrote:I guess Cuda, the term "Tongue in Cheek" is not in your lexicon.
I'm all for Tongue in cheek :mrgreen: but your past history of comments tends to lead one to believe that this is what you really feel :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

nahhhh, Cuda, say it isn't so! Or, is Jeb Bush correct in stating that playing to folks fear(fear of other races is one of those) isn't a real good political strategy long-term? I just find it shocking, at any rate, that anyone might feel that Woodchip might have some sort of latent hate of any type towards his duly elected President. He seems so calmly focused on the good of the nation and never resorts to cheap insults or racist mockery of, say, Martin Luther King, or the like..... :roll:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I'm voting for the guy with the most signs.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:and never resorts to cheap insults or racist mockery of,
truth be told Woodchip would have some very stiff competition from several members of this board in the cheap insult and racist mockery category. just sayin

― Theodore Roosevelt
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

We should have a fight about who is the least racist now. Go.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Everybody is a little racist. Otherwise, what's the use? :P
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

I'm not racist. I'm not even speciesist.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Well, I guess you win…

Yawn…
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Hahaha.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

vision wrote:I'm not racist. I'm not even speciesist.

Rabbits for the White House!!!!!
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:nahhhh, Cuda, say it isn't so! Or, is Jeb Bush correct in stating that playing to folks fear(fear of other races is one of those) isn't a real good political strategy long-term? I just find it shocking, at any rate, that anyone might feel that Woodchip might have some sort of latent hate of any type towards his duly elected President. He seems so calmly focused on the good of the nation and never resorts to cheap insults or racist mockery of, say, Martin Luther King, or the like..... :roll:
So by your response I take it you approve of Obama's racist pandering to get re-elected?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

CUDA wrote:I've got to admit Wood. that's probably the dumbest thing you've ever posted :roll:
That's the first thing I thought. :mrgreen:

But woody, you're missing the real point of Obama specifically going after the black vote. He threw them under the bus like he did most of his liberal base during the last 4 years, so he's now trying to play "make up" and kiss some butt to get reelected.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Well, it will probably work too.
I try to be a peacemaker as it's a requirement I guess, so I engage people of different races quite frequently. Of all of them with the exception of the blacks around here, I can have a normal conversation. At LEAST 80%, mostly older above 35 or so, look at me like they want me dead or something. It's true that in the lower age brackets there seems to be alot more acceptance of each other, but most of them don't vote ;).

EDIT: I should also say that when in San Diego it was entirely different. I didn't meet not one latino or African American that wasn't social as hell.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

flip wrote:...I engage people of different races quite frequently. Of all of them with the exception of the blacks around here, I can have a normal conversation. At LEAST 80%, mostly older above 35 or so, look at me like they want me dead or something. It's true that in the lower age brackets there seems to be alot more acceptance of each other, but most of them don't vote ;).

EDIT: I should also say that when in San Diego it was entirely different. I didn't meet not one latino or African American that wasn't social as hell.
flip:

Your personal thoughts about black people are not relevant to the discussion here.

The topic being discussed is the whether race-specific political campaigning is appropriate. Stick to that subject.

(That applies to everyone else, as well. Do not derail this thread.)
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Dude, I stated my observations in a respectful and honest way. Don't let that hatband get too tight ;)
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I didn't say you were disrespectful or dishonest. - I said personal racial feelings do not belong in a topic about political campaigning.

If you have something to say about race-specific campaigning (like the above-linked Obama page), go ahead. However, if you feel you need to share your personal thoughts about black folk, do it in a new thread; preferably NHB, because that type of thread always gets ugly.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I understand your concerns but what I said absolutely applies to the discussion. When I look into the eyes of people and try to be friendly and unthreatening, and a great deal of them look back at me like they wouldn't spit on me if I was on fire, I fear they vote from those feelings of resentment for me rather than the good of the country. Like I said, dead men can't be racist :)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Foil there is one other point to my topic if you read the links and what I posted. Obama also want the black churches to get out the vote for him also. I guess as a narrow minded street organiser Obama forgot it is illegal for churchs to be involved in political vote getting
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

woodchip wrote:Obama forgot it is illegal for churchs to be involved in political vote getting
While that may be technically fact.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Have you read this psyche-ward for the last decade or so? NO CHURCHES INVOLVED- AT ALL.

I'm still voting with the male with the most signs.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:Foil there is one other point to my topic if you read the links and what I posted. Obama also want the black churches to get out the vote for him also. I guess as a narrow minded street organiser Obama forgot it is illegal for churchs to be involved in political vote getting
Evangelical Churches with large white congregations, have been and are doing the same thing, politicking from the pulpit, to a large captive audience, despite IRS rules. What's good for the goose is sauce for the gander.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/200 ... -41.0.html

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Heh, that's because we're a bunch of rubes. I imagine there is nothing I cannot find out for myself, If I desired too.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

All's fair in love and war. :P
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Foil there is one other point to my topic if you read the links and what I posted. Obama also want the black churches to get out the vote for him also. I guess as a narrow minded street organiser Obama forgot it is illegal for churchs to be involved in political vote getting

actually, what is illegal is campaigning from the pulpit. Many church groups on all sides of politics get involved. To the topic, such as might be at hand......Obama targeting black votes strikes me as no different than candidates targetting latinos, Catholics, women, gay people, whatever. A certain percentage of your canvassing in any election is targetted towards voters with:
1. A high probability of support for your guy
2. A likely high turnout percentage.

Thus, I see nothing wrong. Heck, I really don't see anything 'wrong' about the GOP trying to solely represent angry white men, but just can't see(as Jeb Bush noted) where that is a very intelligent long-term strategy.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Isaac wrote:

The rabbits will rise again! Then fall! Then rise! Then fall! Rise! Fall!hoppity hoppity...
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Isaac wrote:
Isaac wrote:
The rabbits will rise again! Then fall! Then rise! Then fall! Rise! Fall!hoppity hoppity...
Anything is better than the elephants and mules (who are really just worms and snakes and chameleons in costume). I vote dolphins.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

vision wrote:Anything is better than the elephants and mules (who are really just worms and snakes and chameleons in costume). I vote dolphins.
Phsss... dolphins. They think they're so cute. "Oh, look at me, I'm a flippy little dolphin, let me flip for you."
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
actually, what is illegal is campaigning from the pulpit. Many church groups on all sides of politics get involved. To the topic, such as might be at hand......Obama targeting black votes strikes me as no different than candidates targetting latinos, Catholics, women, gay people, whatever. A certain percentage of your canvassing in any election is targetted towards voters with:
1. A high probability of support for your guy
2. A likely high turnout percentage.
All of your above examples are not race orientated. Keep trying to cover for your guy though.
callmeslick wrote: Thus, I see nothing wrong. Heck, I really don't see anything 'wrong' about the GOP trying to solely represent angry white men, but just can't see(as Jeb Bush noted) where that is a very intelligent long-term strategy.
Where do you see any of the GOP presidential candidates urging white people let alone angry white men, to vote for them?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

It’s all in the secret handshake, Woody.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

At every GOP rally or townhall woodchip.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

There is definitely a double standard these days. If any white candidate had a website that says "vote for me because I'm white and your white", hell just the hysteria;) alone would create a public outcry. I think any candidate that openly campaigns on the basis of race is a racist themselves. Hell, every discrimination law in the country defines certain criteria that cannot affect your decision making when hiring someone. Race being first and foremost. I think it's discrimination against all other candidates involved that they cannot also appeal on the basis of their race for votes.