Looking For D3...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Indy_Bull
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Looking For D3...

Post by Indy_Bull »

...for Mac.

I'm a Mac user, and I want to start playing D3 again. Unfortunately, the only copy I had was a Windows copy, and I had to pitch it because the discs were too badly damaged.

Where can I find a Mac copy of D3 for reasonably cheap?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re: Looking For D3...

Post by CDN_Merlin »

You may try GOG.com but I'm not sure if theres is MAC or just windows.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

The GOG.com version is Windows-only, as far as I know. It seems like a few people might have managed to get it to run on Mac via CrossOver, though I have no idea how well it'd work.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

That's so rare I'd buy that and never open it, then be stuck in the same situation I was already in.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
Indy_Bull
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Indy_Bull »

Top Gun wrote:The GOG.com version is Windows-only, as far as I know. It seems like a few people might have managed to get it to run on Mac via CrossOver, though I have no idea how well it'd work.
Well, it seems I've managed to get my hands on a (real) WinXP PC. Right now, it's running at snail-speed, but I'm already doing some serious (and badly needed) cleanup and maintenance on it. If it's any good as a possible D3 rig, I might just plan on the GOG version.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

The good news there is that D3 doesn't exactly need much in the way of system specs, so hopefully that'll work out for you. :)
Indy_Bull
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Indy_Bull »

Top Gun wrote:The good news there is that D3 doesn't exactly need much in the way of system specs, so hopefully that'll work out for you. :)
Comparing the system reqs for D3 to what I already know about this system's specs, I'm very sure this machine will run D3 just fine. :)

Thanks to all!
mzero
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by mzero »

Before installing your GOG Descent3 version, have a look at http://www.dateiliste.com/