Webpage showing up diff on FF & IE

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Webpage showing up diff on FF & IE

Post by thewolfe »

I've been working on my website using FrontPage and have taken all the borders in the table off. There still there, just made the border color white (#FFFFFF) so it can't be seen. I still have a couple of horizontal lines I did leave.

Anyway in IE all looks fine but in FF some of the border is still there so I assume FF is holding some cache somewhere. I've cleared it and also used Ccleaner but still shows up.

I also installed FF on another computer and compared it to IE on that computer. Same results. IE no borders and FF borders. So now I don't think it could be cache.

The site is http://www.dougsstuff.com

Seems that using FrontPage may be some of the problem.

Any ideas?
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Webpage showing up diff on FF & IE

Post by vision »

Rather than making them white on a white background, should you maybe set the border width to "0"? I see the table borders are set to zero in HTML, but there are in-line CSS styles with values of 1 and 2, which might be why you are seeing unexpected results. I've run into similar problems before where CSS border properties are inconsistent across browsers and versions, like, the long-form property works but the short-form doesn't, and stuff like that. You might have to edit the code by hand to get what you want.
thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by thewolfe »

Genius on your side and a "da" on mine.

Thanks. I had thought about that earlier and then lost it as I kept tweaking things.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

IE VS FF

border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"

IE Ignores the value of "1" FF does not or something like that

Front Page and IE assume certain code exists or is ok to ignore... basically

Always check FF first... you can ignore IE

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.