Fusion over charges too quick/ FPS issues

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Fusion over charges too quick/ FPS issues

Post by Zero! »

Dunno if anything still hangs out in here but...

I recently got a new computer with windows 7 with a Radeon vid card. I have d3 set on opengl with framecap 0. I get around 1000 fps, but my fusion is overcharging too quickly and im guessing its cuz of the high fps. (I can CHARGE the fusion i have the fix for it, but it OVERcharges really fast). The thing is if i cap it at 100 it drops from 100 to 50 and if i cap it at any number below 100 ie: 70, it just stays stuck at 50 and even then the fusion overcharges too quickly sometimes.

So..
I cant really cap it at anything besides 50 or 100fps for some reason
fusion overcharges too quickly when i cap it at 100
at 50fps capped its more stable but still get mouse problems about 20% of the time
i get tears that vsync doesnt seem to fix

I know it sounds messy. Ive tried direct3d, vsync on in d3 and in Radeons CCC and i just keep getting mouse problems. Any idea would be appreciated.

note: if i use the keyboard to fire, everythings fine (as far so fusion problems go), i cant use ppjoy cuz of win7 so im using x mouse button control for the mouse bug.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Fusion over charges too quick/ FPS issues

Post by Krom »

Set the framecap to an even multiple of your screen refresh rate (eg: 60 Hz LCD so set the framecap at 120 or 240). Set up an application profile in the video driver control panel and force vsync on, also disable triple buffering if it is available.
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

So i did wut u said, my monitors at 75hz so i capped d3 at 150, i have vsync on in d3 and ccc settings, and triple buffering is disabled. For some reason my fps only stay at 75 even tho capped at 150 and my fusion still over charges too quickly. ( if i use the keyboard to charge fusion it works fine) heres my ccc profile.
Attachments
vid settings.png
vid settings.png (106.06 KiB) Viewed 854 times
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Just FYI, most LCD screens don't do 75 Hz (even if they take it as an input), the vast majority of them when pulling a 75 Hz input simply skip every 5th frame to reach 60 Hz. Also descent3.exe is the descent 3 launcher, main.exe is where you want the actual profile set. And with vsync forced on you should be locked to the monitors refresh so it won't go any higher (at least in double buffering mode, triple buffering is meant to go faster than the refresh rate but it discards the extra frames).

So the Fusion overcharges too quickly on the mouse, but works fine on the keyboard? It sounds like it could be a glitch with x mouse, worth investigating anyway.
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

so i set my hz to 60 and capped d3 at 60 and it seems to be stable now. I also reinstalled xmouse and it seems to work now.

Thx for the help!