Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

Post by roid »

there's a potato% chance.

i'd probably feel more comfortable answering that honestly after i've had a few years to let the insecurity about the whole thing subside.

it's just pills, and they only last 4 hours - i can skip days at my leisure, it's not like antidepressants where they have to build up/down slowly.
As far as labels are concerned, i only see it as a label of "this person is allowed to take these pills if he so chooses to", which right now is all i wanted. I hope they help. I'm still in that exploratory kinda phase.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Don't talk to an expert, be an expert, and you'll be better informed than people who are trying to tell you what you are. I would have answered this topic directly, but its author told me he can't learn from me.
Ferno wrote:hey look, i'm just trying to get you guys to look at this in a skeptical light. but my bit about talking to your doctor if you think you might have ADD? it still stands. It's good advice. And it's experience talking. But I feel like I'm talking to people who attended a psychic seminar and believe everything they've said, regardless of whether or not it's accurate.
someone barging into an ADD group-talk session and demanding to see everyone's qualifications before we are allowed to open our mouths to talk about our own personal experiences.
ugh, that's not even close to what i'm saying. Again: skeptical light; talk to your doctor; don't self-diagnose from the internet.
her degrees are listed on her site
bachelor's degree in human behaviour psychology? master of arts in counselings psych? The first doesn't even exist, and the second, basic education. One would need a PhD and the requisite experience in order to give proper advice. They're dealing with your well-being. shouldn't you WANT an experienced voice helping you?
Suffer no fools if they don't listen.
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Yeah, if you have the time and money to take the classes and get a degree then I guess that's an option. Or you could try to use the internet and risk being terribly, terribly wrong and, worst case, end up terribly, terribly dead. Or terribly, terribly arrested for somehow getting drugs without a prescription.

Or you could just go talk to someone who already knows. And if you're still uncertain, you can get a second opinion.
We know you want to be a hermit :lol: . But maybe we'd rather live as social people than die alone.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

They don't need pills that make a daydreamer more alert. They need pills that make boring crap more interesting... Oh wait, they have those...
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

:lol:
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Alter-Fox wrote:Yeah, if you have the time and money to take the classes and get a degree then I guess that's an option. Or you could try to use the internet and risk being terribly, terribly wrong and, worst case, end up terribly, terribly dead. Or terribly, terribly arrested for somehow getting drugs without a prescription.

Or you could just go talk to someone who already knows. And if you're still uncertain, you can get a second opinion.
We know you want to be a hermit :lol: . But maybe we'd rather live as social people than die alone.
I never let my schooling interfere with my education. =P
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe