Cougar Hotas Joystick Files for FSX

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Cougar Hotas Joystick Files for FSX

Post by flip »

Hehe, just recently got interested in flight simulators, so I bought a copy of FSX. Well, I was thinking about how nice it would be to have a simulator and controls, so I started watching craigslist. Hehe, this has happened so many times in my life I had to give a shout out. God has been good to this fool :) I'm picking it up in the morning for 75 friggin bucks!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/3320550964.html
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re: God is Good :)

Post by Alter-Fox »

And so many people only notice the bad things in life. The key to being happy is really watching for every little good thing that happens to you, or that you do for others ;).
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I really got my eyes on the controllers. I'm not sure what to do with the cockpit yet, except maybe modify it a bit for tri-screens.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

It's nice of your god to bless you with the opportunity to acquire frivolous material possessions at a discount instead of using his power to, oh I don't know, help starving children acquire food.

Infinite wisdom or infinite stupidity, I can't really tell.

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Hehe, bitter much? I'm pretty sure that if people would love God back and ask, He would give them anything they asked for. I don't disrespect Him or denigrate Him and He has always blessed me. I have never not once been denied anything I ask for, but here's a secret, me and Him think alot alike ;).

EDIT: Oh. and since God has put man to rule over all His creation, put the blame where it lies, with man.
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

A narrow vision. People are quick to blame God for the action or inaction of humans. He gave humans free will, and it is HUMANS, not GOD, who have made it possible for those conditions to exist. Thats a detailed and complicated discussion not suitable for this thread. Long story short, thats comparing apples to allen wrenches. They're not even in the same spectrum.
--------------
----------
---Capm
http://www.midnightsquadron.com
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

God, protectuth this thread. Keepith from deyrailing.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

I'm sure all the starving, disease ridden children suffer because they don't love god enough and because they don't try to be good people. Sounds like a great answer. (And if you actually believe that, you are a disgusting excuse for a human being, without question.)

Also, this.

Nice cop-out, leaving it up to man. So, your god is only good enough to deliver trinkets? Sounds like the embodiment of compassion. :roll:
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

When I was a child, I was always told my dad always loved me, had every bit of good intentions for me and would provide me a grand place. he provided for me, took care of me and made me feel better, even though I never really understood why. He even did things that I thought were sick, twisted, messed up and sometimes just plain barbaric. Even though I thought some of those things were wrong, I was always told that his way was the best. I was always told to obey, never question. I was also told if I ever stepped out of line even once, I would be thrown out the door with no clothing, no food, no shoes. Nothing. Completely naked, sent off to suffer and I could never come back. I'd end up with all the other homeless, naked people in the alleys and the people over-watching would make sure we suffered in the worst possible way every day til the end.

The man who told me this, was God.

cool flightsim seat, though.

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

flip got his special thing because i pray to Satan to watch over those around me.
Thanks Satan.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Lol, you guys are obsessed :P. Yes Vision, the fault and remedy lies completely with man, so go find yourself another scapegoat. I mean you don;t even believe in God, how can you disagree with what I said? I know why, just taking more cheap shots :).
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Wow, only eleven replies and this thread already gets moved to E&C? Sad thing is, I doubt it's even close to being a record.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

flip wrote:Lol, you guys are obsessed :P. Yes Vision, the fault and remedy lies completely with man, so go find yourself another scapegoat. I mean you don;t even believe in God, how can you disagree with what I said? I know why, just taking more cheap shots :).

easy! trust me dude, God had nothing to do with the flightsim seat. It was a human being working, saving and sacrificing to build something he wanted... and made it happen. It's a self-made miracle.

If God existed, I bet you he fucked off millenia ago.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Starving children don't happen because of themselves, they happen because of politics... the world (still) can produce more than enough food to feed everybody.

Politics, of course, is still man. Just a different one.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

What if God was a DEATH BLADES???

God givith his right blade, God takith away his left.
Then givith his left and takith his right.
Praise be to DEATH BLADES
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

"great for kids" haha that's awesome. Anytime you're an adult getting something that's "great for kids," you know you're gonna have a really great time.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Money! wrote:"great for kids" haha that's awesome. Anytime you're an adult getting something that's "great for kids," you know you're gonna have a really great time.
Hehe, that's what i was thinking. Ferno, I wasn't wanting to debate my beliefs really, you can have your doubts about them, but then you must ask why i am so convinced. It's not like this hasn't happened with great consistency throughout my life. I could give many examples. I was just acknowledging that publicly.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

But God is the one who wants people to be nice to people. If you tell the guy who sold you the thing that "God made you do it", it's probably going to offend him -- whether he believes in god or not.
All these problems of inequality on Earth were created by people and it's up to people to fix them -- and so far people are doing a pretty sucky job. Blaming it on god is just shirking responsibility in the worst way, and probably causes god to have to forgive you for it. If you get what I mean.

And that thing about ruling over god's creatures is something I think god said to all his creatures to make them feel nice :). Of course, being the ones who may be actually doing that we're doing a really terrible job there too.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

flip wrote:Hehe, that's what i was thinking. Ferno, I wasn't wanting to debate my beliefs really, you can have your doubts about them, but then you must ask why i am so convinced. It's not like this hasn't happened with great consistency throughout my life. I could give many examples. I was just acknowledging that publicly.

well, you probably work hard, save your money, make good financial decisions and make sure your needs are taken care of first. Leaving you with enough to play with at the end.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Well, it is my current understanding that God HAS set man over all His creation and I agree, we are unfit in our current states ;). There was a great perversion that happened and is described in Genesis, if your a believer, I don't expect others to see it as valid. Man is not what he was intended, but God did set man over His creation, ALL His creation ;), nothing will change that, so He came to redeem man and restore us to our former glory. LOL, not trying to be too heavy I'm just announcing my beliefs, I can just as easily talk about flight sims :).
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

That is an awesome sim cockpit, flip. Get us some pics after you get it set up. :)
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Hehe, I'm still drooling over these controls and trying to set them up, Maybe Bubbalou or another expert can set me in the right direction. As far as setting the pit up, man, I'm gonna have to make some room. Mama already said middle of the living room was a no. :P
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Ferno wrote:
flip wrote:Hehe, that's what i was thinking. Ferno, I wasn't wanting to debate my beliefs really, you can have your doubts about them, but then you must ask why i am so convinced. It's not like this hasn't happened with great consistency throughout my life. I could give many examples. I was just acknowledging that publicly.

well, you probably work hard, save your money, make good financial decisions and make sure your needs are taken care of first. Leaving you with enough to play with at the end.
Nope :(. I've squandered most all that I've had, I didn't say fool for nothing, lol. I do love the Lord and His ways though, as far as people are concerned. Aside from that, I bet I could outdrink and out smoke you all night :). I've got my problems like every one else, but one thing I have ever done is deny Him or insult Him. You never know Ferno. I'm good to drop it at that.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

flip wrote:Well, it is my current understanding that God HAS set man over all His creation and I agree, we are unfit in our current states ;). There was a great perversion that happened and is described in Genesis, if your a believer, I don't expect others to see it as valid. Man is not what he was intended, but God did set man over His creation, ALL His creation ;), nothing will change that, so He came to redeem man and restore us to our former glory. LOL, not trying to be too heavy I'm just announcing my beliefs, I can just as easily talk about flight sims :).
It would make a very interesting discussion but I agree with your implication of that not being the point here.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

So when is this getting moved to E&C?
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

A Café mod would need to move it.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Heh, I'm a little scared :P. Stuff looks to be brand new and the pedals don't have a scuff on them :o .

EDIT: Anybody got a link to or know where to find the low level? firmware for the cougar?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Hey who was that guy here who made his own flightsim nerd nest? Was it Bubba? It was SO SO sweet :D
lets dig up that thread.
Heretic wrote:So when is this getting moved to E&C?
Ah, a seeker who wishes the know the mind of Mod.
If this is the quest you seek, you must bring to us the holiest of grails.

...and do the amusing dance
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

And beat the french with a giant wooden bunny. nnnNI!
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Eh, it's easy enough. Macro file defines, joystick file integrates, slash modifiers for the adventurous :)
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Enzo-03 »

An E&C move? I'd think a split would be better.

I can't see the craigslist posting, says it was deleted by its author. What was it that you bought, Flip?

There's a pit building forum on simhq.com. I thought that BUBBALOU had posted his pit in there, too, but that may have been a different forum (I can't find his name in there so I'm assuming that's the case). You should check it out because there's a lot of stuff about things like that.
We will not have signatures in the future.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Are you planning on swapping out that CRT for something more modern, or just sticking with it?

(Like I'm one to talk...I'm still staring at a damn CRT myself. :P)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

CRTs kick ass, I wish mine hadn't all died (not to imply I'm unhappy with my Dell U2412M LCD).
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Yeah, I actually let me children have the lcd's I had and replaced them with a High Def CRT. I love it, but I'm not sure I can make room for 3-4 of them :). I did make a full Foxy macro .tmm file for FSX I wanted to offer here too for anyone else interested. Those files are really lacking on the interwebs for some reason. There are a few REM out, maybe 3-4, because they will need slash modifiers to work correctly. Havn't got that far yet :P. I know that file seems like overkill, but I figured it would save time in the long run. I am in the process of making room for this sim now >:).
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Krom wrote:CRTs kick ass, I wish mine hadn't all died (not to imply I'm unhappy with my Dell U2412M LCD).
I know quality CRTs are a godsend, but I also know that my eyes are getting pretty damn tired of my 8-year-old basic Dell model, and the monitor in the picture looks about the same vintage. :P
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Hah, that monitor's still in the truck :P, I think it was Dell 990 or something. 1280x1024 recommended max 1600x1200 may God be with you :). The one I have now is 22" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070. No joke in it's day for sure. Now I just need 2 more and a video card to push them. 4 actually. I'd be perfectly content with the instrument panel being a lcd.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

It'd take a miracle to get me working with CRTs again, pay a fortune for a good one >:( . not worth the hassle/money.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Well, it was the same deal with the Mitsubishi. DKH had told me a CRT would be 100 times better so I started looking on Craigslist. 2-3 days later this was up for 50 bucks. Hell, the cable was worth 10-15 bucks easy. I was not gonna find a better CRT so I went and got it. It's awesome, it will run HD resolutions and has input for 2 towers. Lol, now finding 2 more, that would be a miracle for sure.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Cougar Hotas Joystick File For FSX

Post by flip »

Updated to a more logical ordering:

Cougar_Hotas_Fsx_FINAL

Edited.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

uh, weird title but ok sure.

ps: i think you can edit your own thread title btw, by editing your own first post.