John Boehner: ‘Obamacare is the law of the land’

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

John Boehner: ‘Obamacare is the law of the land’

Post by Isaac »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83605.html
He said, however, that some parts of the law should still be on the table when lawmakers start negotiating a deficit deal.
What I take is, he's no longer going to fight it. I was expecting the GOP to boycott Obama until his health plan was killed. That doesn't seem to be the case. But who knows...
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: John Boehner: ‘Obamacare is the law of the land’

Post by flip »

PPACA is aimed primarily at decreasing the number of uninsured Americans and reducing the overall costs of health care. It provides a number of mechanisms—including mandates, subsidies, and tax credits—to employers and individuals in order to increase the coverage rate.[
I'm not even sure if it's a good thing or not. I have insurance through my wife's work so it has almost been a non-issue to me ;), but I guess I need to educate myself now. It has a great deal of potential to be abused, I have found that much out. Only detail so far that concerns me is hospital's being fined for readmitting people within 30 days of being released. There's also a provision that under financial hardship you can be excluded from the personal mandate, but those are exactly the type of people who will be excluded from emergency room care every 30 days, not so good if you are chronicly ill, or very old. I guess the real life implications and implementation remains to be seen.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

My oldest brother recently hit a deer that hopped up onto the road right in front of him while he was riding his motorcycle. Broke several ribs (a couple in multiple places), broke his shoulder and shoulder blade, and suffered a hard head impact despite wearing a good helmet. Really messed him up. After a day in the hospital, he developed a blood clot in a lung (not surprising considering the damage that had been done) and they had to clear that up before they could put his shoulder back together. A few days later (after they had put his should back together) he was released to go home and heal. A few days later (less than a week) he was re admitted to the hospital after a scheduled CT scan revealed he had developed multiple small blood clots in the lung. That has been cleared up and he's back home again healing up.

The thing is, issues like his can happen and cause people to need re admitted to a hospital with 30days ... for no fault of the doctors at all. If the doctors/hospitals are in danger of being fined for re admitting someone within 30 days, either the care provided will plummet, or hospital cost will continue to sky rocket. Guess which one is most likely?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

TechPro wrote:If the doctors/hospitals are in danger of being fined for re admitting someone within 30 days, either the care provided will plummet, or hospital cost will continue to sky rocket. Guess which one is most likely?
You make it sound like it could be one or the other, when it is far more likely to be both. :P