9 year old driven to suicide

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

9 year old driven to suicide

Post by Nightshade »

I didn't even know 9 year old kids knew what death really was about and even contemplate seeing it as an 'escape' but this child did- and for truly sickening reasons.
THE devastated family of a nine-year-old boy who hanged himself say he took his life after racist taunts by Asian bullies.

Aaron Dugmore — thought to be one of Britain’s youngest suicides after bullying — was found in his bedroom after months of jibes at school, they claim.

His family say that Aaron was threatened with a plastic KNIFE by one Asian pupil — who warned him: “Next time it will be a real one.”
BTW- 'Asian' in Britain means 'middle-eastern.'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... z2Ln7MIdZN

Now could it be that his parents were nut jobs and made up the story to cover killing their own child? Anything is possible these days- but the initial story is quite possible if not probable.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Aggressor Prime
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: 9 year old driven to suicide

Post by Aggressor Prime »

I can relate to the kid. I was bullied all throughout elementary school and one kid even did pull a plastic knife on me. Kids just don't know how deep their wounds reach until it is too late. I was lucky that my parents didn't put up with the BS kids do. They gave the school and the bullies a good hounding which greatly reduced the times I was picked on, or prevented things from getting worse. I only wish this kids' parents would have done the same.

What more parents need to realize is that bullying is widespread and kills, normally the best and brightest. They need to readily fight for their children's lives when they suspect bullying.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: 9 year old driven to suicide

Post by Tunnelcat »

With attitudes amongst prudish adults like this, how in the heck are kids going to learn NOT to bully? Kids have a nastier vernacular than most adults.

Watch the movie trailer, it's just disgusting how kids treat each other, STILL, and how the adults in charge shirk their duty by just telling the bullied kid to "man up" and take it. :roll:

http://jjie.org/bully-movie-being-bulli ... ting/78698
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.