Goodbye YouTube

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Goodbye YouTube

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Yeah. Happy LGBT day everyone. Goodbye YouTube. Time to look for an alternative. Makes me sick. I don't want to hear about that! BTW I'll have my ★■◆●ing rainbow back!

You may now all proceed to label this as hate speech. Check your brain at the door. You just remember this the next time you're tempted to tell me I shouldn't be concerned with what people do in the privacy of their own lives. And remember that I said what they're after is total acceptance, not just equality and the right to be left alone (which they have).
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Goodbye YouTube

Post by Jeff250 »

I think they knew they would lose some support, but I think they knew they would gain more. You know by now that in the free marketplace of ideas, your ideas about gay marriage are losing, and losing fast!
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Removed by mod.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

The truth is when it comes to the marketplace of ideas, mine hail from a consistent minority. The ideas about marriage are probably not losing as fast as you think. It just looks that way on-stage and in the big cities. I agree with your assessment about support. Not only that, but how many people are going to stop using YOUTUBE because they don't agree with their soulless business strategies? YouTube is huge!

I get three consistent misunderstandings from most people I talk to: self-righteous, arrogant, and I never listen. I guess as far as they are concerned I would say it is difficult at times, but it definitely comes naturally. 8) :wink:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Top Gun wrote:...

This is what I find amusing about the "other side". If you don't like something and voice it, (like homosexuality) you get called narrow minded, a bigot, all sorts of demeaning labels. .... for the same thing they're supposedly calling those folks out on.

huh.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea, that’s what makes being a liberal so AWESOME! Everyone’s ideas are welcome…except…well you know…

Ones they don’t like.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

EDIT: Duplicate entry.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

ITT: Thorne shows how uncomfortable he is with sexuality by awkwardly bringing it up in public.
Sergeant Thorne wrote:You just remember this the next time you're tempted to tell me I shouldn't be concerned with what people do in the privacy of their own lives. And remember that I said what they're after is total acceptance, not just equality and the right to be left alone (which they have).
I totally accept them! And they don't have quality, you are mistaken. Much too often they are not left alone.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Top Gun wrote:Tell me, is it difficult being that much of a self-righteous ★■◆●, or does it come naturally to you?
Definition of SELF-RIGHTEOUS

: convinced of one's own righteousness especially in contrast with the actions and beliefs of others
just described you own post SWEET
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

You guys won the "Merry Christmas" thing. Now just give us this. :P
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I'm missing something. What did youtube do? Did they post a happy gay day banner or something?

If that's it then check your cornflakes for urine and realize youtube doesn't pee....something else has ruined your day!
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

vision wrote:ITT: Thorne shows how uncomfortable he is with sexuality by awkwardly bringing it up in public.
So “that’s” why they have gay parades. :wink:
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Why such issues with gays? Are they really hurting anyone? Do they try and push their "gayness" unto others? Do they come knocking at your door saying you will go to hell if you don't convert? Just accept that is is in our society and enjoy life and stop being hateful.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Will Robinson wrote:I'm missing something. What did youtube do? Did they post a happy gay day banner or something?
You know how Google likes to change their title pic for holidays and such. It was a rainbow with a mouse-over title. A google search of "youtube lgbt" is revealing. YouTube can celebrate "LGBT pride" if they think it'll boost their numbers, but they lost me.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Spidey wrote:
vision wrote:ITT: Thorne shows how uncomfortable he is with sexuality by awkwardly bringing it up in public.
So “that’s” why they have gay parades. :wink:
For the record, I'm totally against gay parades. My opinion is, being gay does not make you special. You don't need a parade. But because you aren't special you also shouldn't be discriminated against and refused the rights held by others (like legally recognized marriage).
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:Yeah. Happy LGBT day everyone. Goodbye YouTube. Time to look for an alternative. Makes me sick. I don't want to hear about that! BTW I'll have my **** rainbow back!

You may now all proceed to label this as hate speech. Check your brain at the door. You just remember this the next time you're tempted to tell me I shouldn't be concerned with what people do in the privacy of their own lives. And remember that I said what they're after is total acceptance, not just equality and the right to be left alone (which they have).
You're forgetting that being gay is not always being private in your own home. Being in the closet never stops the hate anyway. It even follows people who don't happen to LOOK "normal". Even though I'm not gay, I've dealt with the very same crap that gay people go through because I don't look and dress like a made-up, prissy woman, even when in the accompaniment of my husband. Gender variant people and gays just want to be able to walk around in public without being attacked, beat up or ostracized at every turn.

Why do all the homophobes always digress right into the personal sex act when they rant their foul BS anyway ST? If it bothers you, DON'T THINK ABOUT IT. Why do you and your ilk never think that these people are human beings, work at jobs, pay taxes, have families and are capable of loving one another like everyone else does? Do you have a pervy, one track mind ST? Do you ever look at that hetero couple walking down the street and immediately think about how they do the nasty in the bedroom? :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Duper wrote:
Top Gun wrote:Tell me, is it difficult being that much of a self-righteous ★■◆●, or does it come naturally to you?

This is what I find amusing about the "other side". If you don't like something and voice it, (like homosexuality) you get called narrow minded, a bigot, all sorts of demeaning labels. .... for the same thing they're supposedly calling those folks out on.

huh.
If Thorne, or anyone else saying similar things, was giving one little bit, one tiny iota, of a reasonable, rational basis for his opinion, then I am happy to engage him on it. But you know full-well that isn't the case. His very first sentence screams, "Eww, guys kissing other guys is gross! Yucky!" It's the emotional level of a five-year-old eating broccoli. It's an irrational fear of the "different" morphed into hatred of it. I'm not going to waste any breath on this sort of sentiment, nor should I. One of the key tenets of tolerance is being intolerant of intolerance, because without doing so tolerance itself becomes meaningless.

Seriously. It's two people in love. It does not affect you personally in the least. Get the ★■◆● over it.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

You folks do not disappoint. Three elaborate insults based only on disgust at having LGBT pride pushed in my face. Your imaginations are running away with you.
Top Gun wrote:If Thorne, or anyone else saying similar things, was giving one little bit, one tiny iota, of a reasonable, rational basis for his opinion, then I am happy to engage him on it.
And who gets to define "reasonable" or "rational"? Liar.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

tunnelcat wrote:Gender variant people and gays just want to be able to walk around in public without being attacked, beat up or ostracized at every turn.
Is THAT why I'm attacked for being opposed to LGBT? It's all so clear now...
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

let's allow marriage of the person with a monkey, you will see that with time more and more people will start being interested in monkeys as sexual object. I mean that promoting in the society of deviations in mentality of SICK people will spoiling weak mentality of young HEALTHY people. That is, our children!!!
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

That is absolutely right.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

It's absolutely bull★■◆●.

You know who gets to define "reasonable" or "rational"? Someone who's examining actual facts, as opposed to gut reactions. And I could go over them for the umpteenth time, but you won't bother to listen anyway. Really, do tell me in what sense I'm "lying" here.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Top Gun wrote:You know who gets to define "reasonable" or "rational"? Someone who's examining actual facts, as opposed to gut reactions. And I could go over them for the umpteenth time, but you won't bother to listen anyway.
I was implying that you are the one who defines "reasonable" and "rational" to fit your prejudices, which you've done a fine job of affirming.

Sigma just made a valid argument, and you shot it down with two words and a contraction. I don't think that further proof of your hypocrisy is needed.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

...gay marriage leading to people ★■◆●ing monkeys is a "valid argument" to you? Just what planet are you from?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:Gender variant people and gays just want to be able to walk around in public without being attacked, beat up or ostracized at every turn.
Let's put it this way. I wouldn't call you names or attack you on your way to church while walking down the street. I may ★■◆● and gripe at your opinions here, but in fact, I don't hate you at all and I'm perfectly happy that you have the freedom to go to church and worship as you please. Better than being a thief or murderer. :P But I challenge you to not make some snide remark to someone's face that you perceive is gay or gender variant when they pass you by, if even the sight of a little queerness in the form of a rainbow on youtube makes you angry. Typical of a bully, blame the victim for something that's really YOUR problem. :roll:
sigma wrote:let's allow marriage of the person with a monkey, you will see that with time more and more people will start being interested in monkeys as sexual object. I mean that promoting in the society of deviations in mentality of SICK people will spoiling weak mentality of young HEALTHY people. That is, our children!!!
I think the Russians are a great people. I'm sorry I have to disagree with you and your country's stance on gender variance and gay issues. I've seen the protests in your country against gay people and those who are perceived as "not normal". I'm glad I don't have to live there personally.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

TG, have you ever considered that 2 guys kissing is outright repulsive to some people. Now, I understand why they preach acceptance and tolerance these days, and I'm not sure where you yourself would stand where you do if they didn't ;), but you should imagine right now how it would make you feel to lip lock another dude. Then you would understand why tolerance will gain ground and acceptance never will. That is unless........ :p
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

tunnelcat wrote:But I challenge you to not make some snide remark to someone's face that you perceive is gay or gender variant when they pass you by
So ol' Thorne's just a big bully, eh? I'm never anything but kind to anyone I meet, regardless of how they come off.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Tolerance is a lie and those that scream for it the loudest usually offer it the least.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

flip wrote:flip, have you ever considered that a man and a woman kissing is outright repulsive to some people? Now, I understand why they preach acceptance and tolerance these days, and I'm not sure where you yourself would stand where you do if they didn't ;), but you should imagine right now how it would make you feel to lip lock a member of the opposite sex. Then you would understand why tolerance will gain ground and acceptance never will. That is unless........ :p
Sergeant Thorne wrote:
You are being attacked because your archaic, immature, irrational viewpoint is harmful to society. Victimizers don't get to play victim. Try again Thorne.
Sergeant Thorne wrote:I'm never anything but kind to anyone I meet, regardless of how they come off.
Sure, you are being a perfect gentleman to the gay and trans readers of this forum. :roll:
sigma wrote:I mean that promoting in the society of deviations in mentality of SICK people will spoiling weak mentality of young HEALTHY people. That is, our children!!!
This comment is so absurd I won't even address it further. Also, there is quite a huge leap between homosexuality and bestiality. But if you could prove that monkeys were capable of making sexual choices about their partners trans-species, enjoyed sex with humans, and were capable of the same type of intimacy trans-species that two humans share, then there really would not be a problem. But as it stands right now bestiality is generally considered animal abuse. Now, if you enjoy having your golden retrieve poke you in the butt with his pecker, then by all means go and enjoy yourself. I won't judge you. That dog of yours probably enjoys more legal freedoms than gay persons in the US.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

“One of the key tenets of tolerance is being intolerant of intolerance, because without doing so tolerance itself becomes meaningless.”

Ha HA Ha….Contradiction overload…please stop it, your killing me…LOLOL

Once passive tolerance becomes active tolerance…all bets are off on that theory.

And….I won’t address that, while going ahead and addressing it in the very next sentence….Ha Ha comedy gold.

This sure is one subject that brings all sensibility to its knees, on both sides.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

ST, what would you do if your child was gay? Would you kill them? Call them names? Or would you love them just as if they were "normal" like you? What if one of your parents came out of the closet?

And on the topic of sex, why is it that typically guys will find 2 girls kissing "hot" but 2 guys kissing "gross"? Double standard?
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

sigma wrote:let's allow marriage of the person with a monkey, you will see that with time more and more people will start being interested in monkeys as sexual object. I mean that promoting in the society of deviations in mentality of SICK people will spoiling weak mentality of young HEALTHY people. That is, our children!!!
I don't think your theory is correct.
I think people have a predisposition to be attracted to a particular sex and in rare cases it is the same sex. There isn't any scientific basis that I've heard of to prove you can alter their instinct simply by exposing them to those with a deviation from the norm. If it worked that way there would be no gays left by now....

Some people will experiment for a number of reasons but that too is natures work not youtube or google....

I don't think we should ostracize gays out of fear our heterosexual children will change anymore than exposure to a number of other deviations from the norm will change them.

If you portray homosexuality as some kind of 'behavior of elite' ...like all movie stars or athletes, etc are gay, then you could see children affecting homosexuality in an attempt to be seen as one of the elite.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Will Robinson wrote:There isn't any scientific basis that I've heard of to prove you can alter their instinct simply by exposing them to those with a deviation from the norm. If it worked that way there would be no gays left by now....
I don't need scientific basis. There is spiritual basis, and I've heard plenty of examples of people becoming involved in deviant behavior by exposure. Kids at camp, men with fitness instructors, ...

Merlin I don't play those games. If you want to know something about my character, just start paying attention or read back.
CDN_Merlin wrote:And on the topic of sex, why is it that typically guys will find 2 girls kissing "hot" but 2 guys kissing "gross"? Double standard?
That's really a NHB topic, I think. The answer is pretty straightforward.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

ST, so you have no problems women being gay but you do men?
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Now what would give you that idea? Maybe I'll change the game and start putting words in your mouths for a while. :P This is getting old.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Oh, I just love the fag show going on here.

Don't expect me to respond to anything any of you guys post here, i'm not going to respond because I don't feel like dealing with semantics, knee-jerks and general douchebaggery.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

CDN_Merlin wrote:And on the topic of sex, why is it that typically guys will find 2 girls kissing "hot" but 2 guys kissing "gross"? Double standard?
Since you brought that up…why don’t you explain it, and don’t say hypocrisy…because the entire gay argument is based on the idea that we have no control over our sexual orientation/preferences.

I for one didn’t make any conscience effort to like a particular type of girl, or be grossed out by the sight of men kissing.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:.. There is spiritual basis, and I've heard plenty of examples of people becoming involved in deviant behavior by exposure. Kids at camp, men with fitness instructors, ... ..
"Spiritual basis" is that your belief as you have formed it or as a spiritual mentor has taught it to you or you are one of the ones that god has spoken to directly?

If it is the first then you shouldn't be surprised that people who use science as a basis to form opinions and beliefs would take your unilateral and proof-less basis as a weak foundation.

If it is the second then the same questions should be pointed to your teacher and their answer will likely be tested with the same skepticism.

If it is god who told you then clearly you have the inside information and there are very few who will believe it happened since god doesn't talk to the rest of us.

So without some common ground (science) you are asking people to abandon common sense and replace it with your divine knowledge.
History teaches us that path will end badly.

As for anecdotal second hand experience, have you tried to play devils advocate with the conclusions you drew from them? ( No pun intended)
Because people can imagine all sorts of cause and effect that is then proven to be nothing but unfounded fear. If you can't use wisdom and history (there goes that science thing again) to check your fears because gods messengers tell you differently then at least check the messengers! Ask to speak directly to their "boss" and if he doesn't return your inquiry maybe the messengers are just spreading their own fears...

You are suggesting a very cruel treatment of your fellow man based on some very questionable reasoning. That kind of order shouldn't be followed without some very substantial authority!

Personally I question anyone who tells me there is a god that wants me to treat fellow humans that way. If that is what god wants he can piss off.

And again, I ask, if exposure to alternative sexual orientation can make people switch theirs why are there any gays left? America is overloaded with heterosexual display...advertising, pop culture, cinema, literature, etc. etc. etc. why do the gays keep hanging in there at around 10 percent of the population with all this exposure to man/woman sexual interaction? Why haven't they switched to straight?
The 'exposure threat' is just not living up to the hype.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I personally don't find 2 guys kissing gross. Sadly I was brought up in a world where 2 girls kissing was considered hot for movies. I have no problem with gay people. My sister is gay and I don't treat her any different than anyone else.

If we are going to treat gays differently, then maybe we should start treating everyone differently since we don't all like the same things.

I just wish people would get over there stupid childish fears of gay people. They are human just like the rest of us. :roll:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:TG, have you ever considered that 2 guys kissing is outright repulsive to some people. Now, I understand why they preach acceptance and tolerance these days, and I'm not sure where you yourself would stand where you do if they didn't ;), but you should imagine right now how it would make you feel to lip lock another dude. Then you would understand why tolerance will gain ground and acceptance never will. That is unless........ :p
I used to think that two dudes kissing was kind of gross...then I grew up and got over it. And why the hell would I be the one kissing another guy? No one's holding me down and forcing me to do it against my will. But if a man is attracted to another man and wants to express that love physically, I couldn't care less.
CUDA wrote:Tolerance is a lie and those that scream for it the loudest usually offer it the least.
Hate to break it to you, but tolerance isn't a "lie" just because it refuses to tolerate bigotry.
Sergeant Thorne wrote:I don't need scientific basis. There is spiritual basis, and I've heard plenty of examples of people becoming involved in deviant behavior by exposure. Kids at camp, men with fitness instructors
This is the single most ignorant statement I've read in months. Fortunately Will saved me the trouble of explaining why.