Smart Idea…Stupid Idea?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Smart Idea…Stupid Idea?

Post by Spidey »

So the local elementary school decided to give away pumpkins to every student today.

Well needless to say…it wasn’t more than 10 minutes after school let out at 1:30 that there were smashed pumpkins all over the streets.

I’m not sure what the point of this thread is really, except to point out just how dumb the people who run the school system are, to vent and ask…just who is going to clean all of this crap up?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Smart Idea…Stupid Idea?

Post by Tunnelcat »

You know who should clean it up? The damn school kids themselves, at the behest of the school administrators and teachers. Morons. It could be a learning experience field trip on how to instill responsibility for one's actions. I'm sure after they scrape up all that nice, stinky, slimy goo and dispose of it properly, they'll learn something. Maybe you should write a letter to the school and suggest that. These little monsters are being enabled by absent or uncaring adults and it only creates more mayhem. That's the only thing I hate about Halloween, the rampant vandalism. It's totally ruined the holiday for me. It's become a pervasive right to go around and destroy the property of other people. One of my co-workers years ago had the rear door of his work van smashed in by a large pumpkin. Never caught the little sh*ts either and he had to pay to fix it.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Anarchy is because young people have nowhere to put their youthful energy. Simple solution - mandatory conscription of young boys for two years. Army discipline and puts brains into place. Though of course, the discipline in the US army and the Russian army is very different, apparently... But for young people this experience will in any case be much more useful than Halloween.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

kind of a dumb idea, especially waiting until Halloween itself. Let the school admins clean up. Like that will happen.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

It's the pumpkins fault.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Kids smash pumpkins all the time. It's not that big of a deal.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
:P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ichabod Crane rides again.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

The real solution would be to make all the kids grow their own pumpkins next year.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Krom wrote:The real solution would be to make all the kids grow their own pumpkins next year.
Great idea, buddy Image
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

tunnelcat wrote:You know who should clean it up? The damn school kids themselves, at the behest of the school administrators and teachers. Morons.
Let me say, that if this happened it would make that small part of the world a better place.

Nothing wrong with smashing pumpkins, Ferno, but smashing them in the streets is making a mess for everyone else to have to clean up or look at until they have completely degraded away. That's what is known as being irresponsible...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Something else I thought of. If I'd been given a pumpkin at school, I would have cherished it, guarded it every minute until school let out and then taken it home to carve myself for Halloween. Are kids so spoiled now that even a small gift is something to take for granted or worse, destroy? And who paid for those pumpkins anyway, hmmmm?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Z..
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Z.. »

Will Robinson wrote:It's the pumpkins fault.
Haha, you're right! If they didn't have the pumpkin, there would not have been pumpkin all over the place. Seems logical, if you don't possession of the thing that is causing the problem, then there won't be a problem.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey, did you try calling the school administrators and complaining about it? Nothing will change unless someone makes a stink about it. :wink:
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Pointless
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You won't know until you try.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:Nothing wrong with smashing pumpkins, Ferno, but smashing them in the streets is making a mess for everyone else to have to clean up or look at until they have completely degraded away. That's what is known as being irresponsible...
irresponsible? really? or is it more of a case of old man thorne being grouchy?

and who cleans up smashed pumpkins, really? first rain comes along and the mess disappears. don't tell me you do because you're full of ★■◆● if you do.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Of course if the mess cleans itself up so easily, then we don't have a problem. It's a shame pumpkins don't melt in the rain in the real world. :P

I have witnessed smashed pumpkin on concrete hang around a while. It was a while back, but I seem to remember it lasting through at least one rain. I'm thinking at least several weeks, but like I said it was a while ago...

You're nitpicking, though. In the right weather it could last 3 weeks+. You can't predict the future. I subscribe to "no harm no foul", but in general smashing ★■◆● on the ground in public places is irresponsible/inconsiderate. It's not like smashing pumpkins is a publicly accepted way to celebrate a holiday, akin to setting off rockets on the 4th... You're just a big ★■◆●ing adolescent, that's the problem here. ;)
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Sure, you can let the natural processes take care of things…but in the meantime if someone happens to slip and fall on your property…you better hope like hell your homeowners insurance is paid up, and you have tons of liability.