let me hear about how only Muslims think this way, again?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

let me hear about how only Muslims think this way, again?

Post by callmeslick »

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/reli ... -marriage/

and, these are the same folks who think bombing abortion clinics and killing doctors is just swell. Extremism is the problem,not any one religion, or even religion at all, beyond it being an EXCUSE for extremism.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: let me hear about how only Muslims think this way, again

Post by Will Robinson »

Good thing most of us understand and highlight the cultural component that supports and fosters and gives cover for the terrorism we post about instead of being guilty of being the straw in your straw man.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

The cultural component is religion. That's what a cultural component is.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/reli ... -marriage/

and, these are the same folks who think bombing abortion clinics and killing doctors is just swell. Extremism is the problem,not any one religion, or even religion at all, beyond it being an EXCUSE for extremism.
Last I checked these "extremists" are not flying planes into clinics while they are full of patients.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

be sort of like using a shotgun to kill ants. They have bombed and shot at facilities with patients and staff IN THEM. Once again, you try and dodge my core point--that folks claiming ONLY Muslims have this mindset(as you have done, repeatedly, along with others here) are flat-out wrong. Now, just admit it and we can all move on.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

“Therefore pride is their necklace; they clothe themselves with violence” – Psalm 73:6."

So, are Christians ready to resort to mass violence, all in the name of God, the Bible and human oppression? AGAIN? Just to stop something as inconsequential as gay marriage, that doesn't even affect them in their own personal lives? They already fought a Civil War trying to keep slavery as a way of life and it ultimately cost our country 750,000 lives. This time the LGBT community won't sit still. There will be violence because they've tasted freedom outside the closet just as those 20 slaves from the Congo did a century before the Civil War began, and they won't sit back while religious zealots try to force them back into that closet.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

moreover, they will fight back with a true sense of style and esthetics! :wink:
George Orwell---"1984"
Z..
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Z.. »

They did that one time bro, and the guy that planned it had his head blown off because of it. Both Christianity and Islam have people that kill in their name. Scott Roeder killed for God. It's on a completely different level than what these Islamic terrorists do however. That's not even up for debate.

Still need someone to explain why gay marriage would necessitate becoming a martyr however, other states are doing it and the sky isn't falling. Please explain the madness.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:be sort of like using a shotgun to kill ants. They have bombed and shot at facilities with patients and staff IN THEM. Once again, you try and dodge my core point--that folks claiming ONLY Muslims have this mindset(as you have done, repeatedly, along with others here) are flat-out wrong. Now, just admit it and we can all move on.
Prove it or you are full of hot air.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

callmeslick wrote:moreover, they will fight back with a true sense of style and esthetics! :wink:
Don't forget, not all the them are swishy pushovers. Between the big, angry bull dykes and the gay tough-as-nails bikers and Leather Men, they'll kick a few Christians right back to Genesis. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

oh, no doubt. Most gay people I know have been fighting their entire lives, so you are quite correct.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And rednecks have been queer bashing even longer...