Cruz runs for President

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Cruz runs for President

Post by callmeslick »

let's all find out more on the web, shall we?
http://www.tedcruz.com

http://www.tedcruzforamerica.com
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Cruz runs for President

Post by woodchip »

Always the Demoscammer promoter. Would it interest you that (corrected for the prissy english marm) Cruz is actually smarter than Obama? Or would you rather hide behind the hype machine your party promotes?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:Would it interest you the Cruz is actually smarter than Obama?
Hopefully smarter than that sentence.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

As though you never made a error in typing a reply. Fixed it.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

actually, I do agree that Cruz is a smart man, with dangerous ideas. He is on a par, intellectually, with Obama, as best as I can tell, both Ivy grad school guys. What makes Cruz dangerous is that he is smart enough to manipulate people, although, if his TEAM isn't smart enough to lock up likely domain names, it is rather certain the campaign will not go far. So far, the first 24 hours have been a PR disaster.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:let's all find out more on the web, shall we?
http://www.tedcruz.com

http://www.tedcruzforamerica.com
Leave it to the slime on the left to play nasty games like this with domain names.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:actually, I do agree that Cruz is a smart man, with dangerous ideas. He is on a par, intellectually, with Obama, as best as I can tell, both Ivy grad school guys. What makes Cruz dangerous is that he is smart enough to manipulate people,
And of course you could not say that about Obama when he was running?
callmeslick wrote:So far, the first 24 hours have been a PR disaster.
Only because the democratic news broadcasters are desperately trying to paint it as such. If you are referring to his use of the word God, Christians and religion in his speech then I guess it was a disaster. If you mean the part where he said he would repeal Obummercare then yeah...what a disaster. I said awhile back that the problem with having a person like Obama in office is someone will come along that is the direct opposite. Cruz is that someone. Hang on to your hat.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

ThunderBunny wrote: Leave it to the slime on the left to play nasty games like this with domain names.
you can't be THAT politically naive, can you? Obama's proteges got tripped up with when OFA.com or some such got bought up
by an anti-Obamacare site. This crap is going on, constantly. American Politics 101.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:actually, I do agree that Cruz is a smart man, with dangerous ideas. He is on a par, intellectually, with Obama, as best as I can tell, both Ivy grad school guys. What makes Cruz dangerous is that he is smart enough to manipulate people,
And of course you could not say that about Obama when he was running?
quite fair, and frankly, I was simply counting the moments until someone pointed it out. That is where difference in philosophy(and opinion) leads me to suggest that at no time was Obama sugar coating economic poison. Cruz is. He is also clearly erratic and even less experienced on foreign affairs than Obama, far more reckless in decision-making. On the upside his social policies, were they ever enacted, would demonstrate once and for all to some of you that you haven't come CLOSE to seeing what a real class war looks like, yet.

That said, I'd be shocked if he survives the primaries. The establishment is terrified of him, the establishment crushed the Tea Party in 2014 races, and will prevail again, having WON races in 2014 and feeling empowered. What I'm afraid they might do is pick Bush, who will lose due to name alone, and gives the Dems all the more reason NOT to choose someone named Clinton.

[
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Don't be shocked if he survives the primaries. Evidently Cruz has won numerous debates at Princeton and is well respected in the debate circuit. Another reason you shouldn't be shocked is, if you watched his speech you'll notice there are no tele-prompters nor did he use notes. Whens the last time you saw that?

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Don't be shocked if he survives the primaries. Evidently Cruz has won numerous debates at Princeton and is well respected in the debate circuit.
never argued that he wasn't a bright boy.
Another reason you shouldn't be shocked is, if you watched his speech you'll notice there are no tele-prompters nor did he use notes. Whens the last time you saw that?
didn't really notice, but the appeal of that speech was to strictly Christian White People. Like I said, if his folks are so non-savvy as to let two really obvious websites get bought from under them, it's going to be a rough ride for Ted. Otherwise, see what I said about the mainstream GOP. They DESPISE him, but respect his intellect. Thus, they will crush him.
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:Don't be shocked if he survives the primaries. Evidently Cruz has won numerous debates at Princeton and is well respected in the debate circuit.
never argued that he wasn't a bright boy.
Another reason you shouldn't be shocked is, if you watched his speech you'll notice there are no tele-prompters nor did he use notes. Whens the last time you saw that?
didn't really notice, but the appeal of that speech was to strictly Christian White People. Like I said, if his folks are so non-savvy as to let two really obvious websites get bought from under them, it's going to be a rough ride for Ted. Otherwise, see what I said about the mainstream GOP. They DESPISE him, but respect his intellect. Thus, they will crush him.
At the very least, I would have loved to have seen Ted Cruz debate Obama. I'm sure he would have torn Obama a new one. :lol:
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, since Cruz tends to mouth nothing but vacuous, flag waving, patriotic platitudes, I'm sure he'd win any debate in that department. But going with the "repeal Obamacare" might not prove as popular as everyone inside the tea party circle thinks. :wink:

Edit: Oh, and he was born in Canada and his father's from CUBA. So he hates immigrants and wasn't born here. What a combo. Will the birthers come out for him since he's running for pres? :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

ThunderBunny wrote: At the very least, I would have loved to have seen Ted Cruz debate Obama. I'm sure he would have torn Obama a new one. :lol:
no way, but neither of us have the chance to see it. Cruz has lost every remote exchange since he came to town, so that likely wouldn't bode well, but who knows what he'd do in a debate setting.
George Orwell---"1984"
Z..
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Z.. »

Meh. Have him run, he's un-electable. The smart conservatives know that--it's baffling to me that he thinks 51% of this country agrees with him.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:

no way, but neither of us have the chance to see it. Cruz has lost every remote exchange since he came to town, so that likely wouldn't bode well, but who knows what he'd do in a debate setting.
Just what exchanges has he lost?

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

every exchange on every subject in the public forum. Cruz comes off a bat-crap crazy, and makes Obama look like the adult in the room.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Who says he lost? You?

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

his fellow Republicans, in many cases.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Removed.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

go find them yourself, it isn't my job to remind you of items which were in the news regularly. One fellow Republican who once ran for President called Cruz a 'whacko-bird', and that's just for starters. Most were even less charitable.
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Aww...they got their panties in a bunch because they had to come back from vacation to take a vote. And remember it was just not Cruz that held up the immigration bill, there were other republicans as well. Too bad those other republicans don't do as they say or maybe Cruz et al wouldn't have to do what they did.

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Unelectable. Period.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yep. It would take an English-speaking immigrant to transform America properly. We'll get more normal Canadian "seedlings" instead of those alien "Latino" seedlings to fundamentally transform our country. Much more palatable to Americans since at least some of Canada speaks English. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.