Dearborn Guilty

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Dearborn Guilty

Post by woodchip »

Of not protecting free speech when the police side with the local Muslims who were attacking Christians a couple of years back. The District court and the 3 man Appellate court found in favor of Dearborn but when presented to the 6th Circuit, that court found in favor of the Christians. About time.

http://patch.com/michigan/dearborn/dear ... s-upheld-0

http://religionclause.blogspot.com/2015 ... dment.html
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Dearborn Guilty

Post by sigma »

The Christians of the Middle East are groaning from the attacks of the Muslims in Arab countries.
In addition, ISIS and other radical groups believes their the purpose number one elimination and squeezing of Christians from Muslim countries.
After Russia got tired of seeing the inaction of the fight against terrorism the USA and even encouragement of radical Islamists by the U.S., and was forced to intervene, at least Syrian Christians breathed a sigh of relief. Verbatim quote of Syrian Christians: "Thank God that there is Russia!"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

What would you say, sigma, if it's eventually determined that a terrorist bomb brought down that Russian jetliner over the Sinai Peninsula? ISIS has claimed responsibility and is blaming the Russian bombing going on in Syria as their reason for targeting it.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I will answer very simply.
In this case, in accordance with the plan of the USA on construction of a new pipeline from Saudi Arabia to Europe, at the cost of bloody wars, genocide of whole nations, destruction of entire States, vile of American lies and intrigue, only for purpose to replace Russian oil and gas to Arab counterparts, this pipeline will not only tainted with the blood of hundreds of thousands of Syrians, Libyans, Iraqis and civilians of other countries in the Middle East, but also with the blood of hundreds of Russian tourists.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

are you insane, Sigma? No such pipeline is needed, planned, proposed or anything. Where do you come up with this stuff?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote:I will answer very simply.
In this case, in accordance with the plan of the USA on construction of a new pipeline from Saudi Arabia to Europe, at the cost of bloody wars, genocide of whole nations, destruction of entire States, vile of American lies and intrigue, only for purpose to replace Russian oil and gas to Arab counterparts, this pipeline will not only tainted with the blood of hundreds of thousands of Syrians, Libyans, Iraqis and civilians of other countries in the Middle East, but also with the blood of hundreds of Russian tourists.
Here's simple. Russia is bombing people in Syria now. As we've figured out, bombing targets from the air is usually an indiscriminate way to kill, no matter who's doing it, so innocent people always die. ISIS now sees Russia as an enemy since they're now bombing and killing people in Syria. Russia is now their new jihadist target. Welcome to the infidel club.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I would not really like to develop this theme. But for you, I will answer.
Yes, Russia today is more Christian country than Muslim. That is why America can now sleep peacefully. As long as Americans do not provoke Russia into a preemptive strike.
Yes, indeed, the chances of a Muslim becoming the President of Russia about equal to the chances of an Indian to become President of the United States.
Russia was able to find mutual understanding with Russian Muslims in today's difficult conditions. To date, more than 20 million Russian Muslims, not only do not consider Russians infidels, but they are willing to give their lives for Russia.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Are you sure about that sigma? Not all Muslims are of the same sect in Russia and not all Muslims are in agreement with Putin's Syrian mission since he's not specifically targeting ISIS with his bombing campaign.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34454391
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Why do you insult your brain by reading the yellow press? BBC is not your level, kitty. Read better, well, I do not know, Niccolò Machiavelli "The Prince" or Naomi Klein "The Shock Doctrine", for example.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

that is a fine reading suggestion by way of background understanding, but the matters TC is mentioning are very real and NOT the product of a 'yellow
press'. Sorry.
By the way, either you Russians have some crap aircraft loose or something seems to be going on over Muslim dominated regions, that MAY have something to do with the Russian foray into the Middle East. See how well THAT plays to the jingoistic populace that Putin has ginned up.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

She uses expressions characteristic of the yellow press.

The destruction of the terrorists she calls a murder "people."
Using the world's best weapons and the most modern missiles with systems correction and high-precision satellite targeting based on detailed data from the preliminary exploration, she calls "indiscriminate way".
"ISIS now sees Russia as an enemy" - you'd think earlier Russia was their best friend.
Counter-terrorist operation Syrian army with the help of Russian armed forces, she calls "Putin's Syrian mission" designed not to eliminate ISIS in Syria, and killing innocent peaceful Muslims. And you personally called "the Russian foray into the middle East".

I understand that you retell these expressions from the Western media without thinking about their meaning, but journalists at least get the money for invention these Russophobic of turns of speech that distort reality, but you present this nonsense as your personal opinion. But not necessary to say in this case that you are not susceptible to the hypnosis of anti-Russian propaganda.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma wrote:Using the world's best weapons and the most modern missiles with systems correction and high-precision satellite targeting based on detailed data from the preliminary exploration, she calls "indiscriminate way".
if you are suggesting your military hardware is state of the art, you are truly brainwashed. It isn't. As I suggested before, your payback for this little adventure is coming, if not started already. Enjoy those body-bags, although I'm pretty sure your government(unlike ours) will not allow their return to be documented in the press.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Of course it isn't. I was joking.

[youtube]icVhJ7opENE[/youtube]
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Those first jets were pretty awesome. Looks like either the footage was sped up or they were unmanned? The acceleration and G's on some of those turns don't seem humanly possible. I don't really know the combat potential of such aerobatics, though. From what I understand, energy is everything, and giving it up to make slow sharp turns like that isn't all that beneficial. Cool to watch at an air show, though.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Yes, in the beginning, it looks like the drones... Moreover, this is clearly not one of the modifications of the MiG-21. Rather, it copies the Mirage and/or Eurofighter Typhoon.

Here are weaponry that is used in Syria
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
sigma wrote:Using the world's best weapons and the most modern missiles with systems correction and high-precision satellite targeting based on detailed data from the preliminary exploration, she calls "indiscriminate way".
if you are suggesting your military hardware is state of the art, you are truly brainwashed. It isn't. As I suggested before, your payback for this little adventure is coming, if not started already. Enjoy those body-bags, although I'm pretty sure your government(unlike ours) will not allow their return to be documented in the press.
Being reported on CNN that the plane blew up by a bomb planted by ISIS. Not that one should believe CNN.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Vander wrote:Those first jets were pretty awesome. Looks like either the footage was sped up or they were unmanned? The acceleration and G's on some of those turns don't seem humanly possible. I don't really know the combat potential of such aerobatics, though. From what I understand, energy is everything, and giving it up to make slow sharp turns like that isn't all that beneficial. Cool to watch at an air show, though.
Those first jets were RC.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote:Why do you insult your brain by reading the yellow press? BBC is not your level, kitty. Read better, well, I do not know, Niccolò Machiavelli "The Prince" or Naomi Klein "The Shock Doctrine", for example.
sigma, why is the BBC commenting on different Muslim sects in Russia yellow journalism? The BBC is a world respected news outlet, except maybe to most Russians, who have to rely on their government controlled news outlets for the "news". The difference between you and me is that I don't automatically believe that everything my government tells me is the unadulterated truth.

As for Muslim troubles, the U.S. has already gotten itself universally hated by both Sunnis and Shi'ites because we've either used both to our advantage or pitted them against each other, all to advance our own military and economic agenda in Iraq, or even the entire Middle East. Russia is going to run into the same trouble as the U.S. if it decides to side with one or the other during the Syrian conflict, and bombing ISIS is already doing that job nicely. It's also starting to appear that Russian jetliner which crashed in the Sinai was brought down by a bomb planted by ISIS, as they've been claiming all along now, so Russian citizens are being targeted by Muslim radicals. Plus Moscow has a large Muslim population. It will be interesting to see how they react to Putin's military actions in Syria.

[youtube]J3sjnU_YFR8[/youtube]

Despite what your, and our governments tell us, there is plenty of evidence that pinpoint targeted bombing kills innocents. If the intelligence about a particular target is wrong, even a smart, accurate bomb will kill the wrong people. Hell, our own military just shot up a friendly hospital in Afghanistan with a very accurate gunship, a mistaken attack that was based on faulty intelligence. The only difference is that your government will never admit that it's own military can make a mistake. :wink:
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

It is clear that in the mass celebration of the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha in Moscow, which this year coincided with the opening of the new building of the Moscow Cathedral mosque (one of the largest and highest mosque in Russia and in Europe), you wanted to see a mass protest by Muslims against the "killings of Muslims in Syria." But all I see is a mass prayer service. That contrasts sharply with the prayer in Mecca, by the way.

[youtube]i9yiQDosrxE[/youtube]

[youtube]9XenUX0OyDk[/youtube]

ISIS banned in Russia, so, naturally, the citizen of Russia of any nationality and religion (and not only Muslim), which will support this organization, will be prosecuted by law.

I do not understand, and I think you will also find it difficult to explain what right have American troops (and the troops of other countries of the Western coalition) to be on the territory and to use weapons against anyone, in Syria or other independent countries?

And by the way, you respected the BBC have informed you that while the whole world mourns with Russia, forgetting political differences, President Barack Obama has become almost the only world leader who personally not expressed condolences and support for the relatives of the perished passengers airliner Airbus-321?
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

sigma wrote:I do not understand, and I think you will also find it difficult to explain what right have Russian troops to be on the territory and to use weapons against anyone, in Ukraine or other independent countries?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

vision wrote:
sigma wrote:I do not understand, and I think you will also find it difficult to explain what right have Russian troops to be on the territory and to use weapons against anyone, in Ukraine or other independent countries?
And how many citations you changed in such a way? :) I feel that a good belt with a large buckle missed your ass, junior :D
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote:ISIS banned in Russia, so, naturally, the citizen of Russia of any nationality and religion (and not only Muslim), which will support this organization, will be prosecuted by law.

I do not understand, and I think you will also find it difficult to explain what right have American troops (and the troops of other countries of the Western coalition) to be on the territory and to use weapons against anyone, in Syria or other independent countries?

And by the way, you respected the BBC have informed you that while the whole world mourns with Russia, forgetting political differences, President Barack Obama has become almost the only world leader who personally not expressed condolences and support for the relatives of the perished passengers airliner Airbus-321?
ISIS is banned in the U.S. too, but that won't stop them from trying to attack us here, or in other foreign countries, including Russia. They're a determined and savage group of fanatics and they hate all things Western. They may now hate all things Russian too, thanks to Putin getting involved in the Middle East, namely Syria. Your borders are just a porous as ours by the way and Russia has a far larger internal Muslim population than the U.S. Russia is also part of the same continent as the Middle East. You're closer to them. At least we have an ocean separating the U.S. from the most fanatical ISIS sympathizers in the Middle East. Now that it appears that jetliner was brought down by an ISIS bomb, Putin has started bombing ISIS targets in Syria in retaliation. Putin my find that attacking ISIS may just blow back into his face. Too bad our countries can't work together to wipe ISIS off the face of the earth.

As for Obama not sending his condolences to those Russian victims, he's been crass and done that sort of thing before. I don't know why either. Maybe he's too uncultured. I do know that Putin did send his condolences to Bush after our 9/11 attacks. I guess that makes Obama the lesser, petty man. I personally DO send you MY condolences to those poor lost souls who tragically died on the jetliner.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

sigma wrote:And how many citations you changed in such a way? :) I feel that a good belt with a large buckle missed your ass, junior :D
"junior" is probably just as old as you are.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Спасибо, Tunnelcat.

Today you are a true President of the USA for me.

P.S. I replied you in Russian, because "спасибо" is not quite the same thing as a "thank you."
Спасибо - an abbreviation of the phrase Спаси тебя Бог! or God save you!, and not only an expression of gratitude.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Пожалуйста.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:Пожалуйста.
I love it when you talk dirty :wink:

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

woodchip wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:Пожалуйста.
I love it when you talk dirty :wink:
It is not surprising that when Cat began to speak in Russian, she immediately became the object of increased interest of men :)
However, I suspect that Tunnelcat will not sue thee for thy clumsy sexual harassment because it is absolutely clear that she'll regret you, because she knows beforehand that she will win the lawsuit even without the help of lawyers, when the judge will see your avatar.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Woody, only you could think "you're welcome" was talking dirty in Russian. :wink:
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

[removed personal shot]
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

sigma wrote:
However, I suspect that Tunnelcat will not sue thee for thy clumsy sexual harassment because it is absolutely clear that she'll regret you, because she knows beforehand that she will win the lawsuit even without the help of lawyers, when the judge will see your avatar.
depends on if the judge is liberal or conservative :)

Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Can you guys find the topic, or is this thread done?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Foil wrote:Can you guys find the topic, or is this thread done?
you talking about the whine disguised as the OP?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

woodchip wrote:depends on if the judge is liberal or conservative :)
You always find the loopholes :)

P.S. Please change the thread title, for example, to "Freedom of speech".
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sorry, my bad. :mrgreen:

I will comment on the original topic however. Sure , those Bible thumpers have to right to offend Muslims, just as the Fred Phelps gang has the right to offend gay people, victims of mass shootings and dead soldiers by picketing their funerals with similar in-your-face rantings. This is a free country after all and we do have free speech, no matter how offensive or provocative that speech is. But what good is being a provocateur if your religion is supposed to be one representing peace and love? What good does it do to enrage people by shoving your position into their faces. I don't see any point to it, unless you want to piss people off and start a fight. That's not being very Christian of them if these people claim they follow the tenants of Jesus, but don't have the politeness to actually practice it. The only thing they've done by winning their case is to show that they are an intolerant and hateful lot. What would Jesus think?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

tunnelcat wrote:what good is being a provocateur if your religion is supposed to be one representing peace and love? ... these people claim they follow the tenants of Jesus
Jesus, via Matthew 23 wrote:woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You keep locking people out of the kingdom of heaven! For you neither enter nor permit those trying to enter to go in.

Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You cross land and sea to make one convert, and when you get one, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves!

Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘Whoever swears by the temple is bound by nothing. But whoever swears by the gold of the temple is bound by the oath.’ Blind fools! Which is greater, the gold or the temple that makes the gold sacred? And, ‘Whoever swears by the altar is bound by nothing. But if anyone swears by the gift on it he is bound by the oath.’ You are blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that makes the gift sacred? So whoever swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. And whoever swears by the temple swears by it and the one who dwells in it. And whoever swears by heaven swears by the throne of God and the one who sits on it.

Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You give a tenth of mint, dill, and cumin, yet you neglect what is more important in the law – justice, mercy, and faithfulness! You should have done these things without neglecting the others. Blind guides! You strain out a gnat yet swallow a camel!

Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup, so that the outside may become clean too!

Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs that look beautiful on the outside but inside are full of the bones of the dead and of everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you look righteous to people, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have participated with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ By saying this you testify against yourselves that you are descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Fill up then the measure of your ancestors! You snakes, you offspring of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

For this reason I am sending you prophets and wise men and experts in the law, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town, so that on you will come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. I tell you the truth, this generation will be held responsible for all these things!
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

If only this would come true...

(And no, I don't mean genocide. I mean the extermination of the ideology known as islam which is a savage cult of subjugation and murder.)
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nightshade wrote:Image

(And no, I don't mean genocide. I mean the extermination of the ideology known as islam which is a savage cult of subjugation and murder.)
Actually NS, there were NO depictions of any Earth religions with any Terran character in Star Trek. Only alien ones were represented. Roddenberry did that on purpose too. Just looking at that picture of those supposed "normies from the fifties" makes me want to throw up as well. They all look like perfect little Mormons. :wink:

According to Lothar's above post, there shouldn't be any Jews allowed in the Kingdom of God either, and they were God's original children. So what Christians are saying, according to Jesus's teachings, is that their religion is "Thee Only Religion", so we'll bludgeon you in the face and kick you in the ass until you learn to adhere to Christianity. Nice way to win over people's hearts and minds. Where's all that "love and peace" Jesus taught so much? If Christians want more converts, they need to use the carrot approach, not the big stick approach. :roll:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Nightshade wrote:

What the actual ★■◆● man.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

can't wait to hear the explanation of how you 'exterminate' a religion that a couple billion people believe in without genocide.......
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

well, to be fair; there is no religion at all in star trek -- and when there has been instances of it, it's been shown to be folly.