Shameless plug and a bit of spam (job related)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Shameless plug and a bit of spam (job related)

Post by Pumo »

So, I recently started to work with some nice guys on a hosting company.
Thanks to a friend of mine and my 'technical' abilites I got the job! (Who would say that my IT and game modding skills I learned to make Pumo Mines would give me a job? :lol:)

So, as it's part of my job, if there's no problem, I would like to suggest everyone interested on getting a VPS, a cloud or dedicated server or web hosting in general (including Wordpress) to give a look to the services from the company I'm working on.
Just search Truxgo Servers on Google or check truxgoservers. com (without the space, obviously) to check the services we're offering.
The services got some neat features and are more or less on the cheap side.

So yeap, this is indeed a bit of spam, and TBH it feels a bit awkward. :-P
But if you want to feed me so I can keep working on Pumo Mines you may like to at least give a quick look to some of Truxgo's services (in fact, it's an order!) lol. :mrgreen:

(PS. If at any case the mods feels this post is inappropriate, feel free to do whatever is needed)
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Shameless plug and a bit of spam (job related)

Post by vision »

This service seems really expensive compared to what's currently on the market. The basic VPS is literally four times as much as a similar server at RamNode. There is a pretty big typo on the main page -- "Prece: $40 USD" should be Price. Also, it isn't clear if the prices listed are per month or per year. This should be clearly stated. I considered a Chicago VPS for $20 until I realized it was per month. One of my RamNode servers is $15 per year. Truxgo prices are comparable to Bluehost, but Bluehost's steadily increasing prices and rapidly declining competence in support is why I left them after 10 years as a customer.

Choosing to buy a server redirects customers to a new domain, which may cause trust issues. When it happened to me I didn't notice at first and was really confused that the navigation changed and I couldn't go back where I started. This is bad UX/UI design. You need to tell customers they are being redirected to a payment site.

I'm glad you got the job and I hope the company stays in business, but damn, as someone who rents servers I wouldn't give Truxgo a second thought after seeing this site. :|
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Shameless plug and a bit of spam (job related)

Post by Pumo »

Ok, those are pretty good points Vision!
Some of Truxgo's services are cheaper like the Cloud Servers, but we're still preparing to launch them as it's one of our new features (they can be found on truxgoservers. com/cloud-servers).

However, although we're ready to go with many of the services, the website is having a rehaul and a bit of maintenance, so there are things that are in development or that may not lead to the correct sections. :oops: :P
So your feedback is pretty much valuable and well received, I will check what we can change to improve! :)
It's very important to see if there are typos, so I'm glad that you noticed that out!

Thanks a lot, I truly appreciate that you got the time to check this out.
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)