Happy New Year and Decade

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Happy New Year and Decade

Post by Tunnelcat »

We finally reached 2020 and I'm bummed. When I was a kid in the 1960's, I thought by this time we'd have flying cars or teleportation, anti-gravity, Moon and Mars colonies and self-cleaning houses. Not even close. However, I never would've imagined cell phones, the Internet or the possibility of Cyber War either. Oh well, you take what you can get. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Happy New Year and Decade

Post by Krom »

Happy new year!

I'm hoping to get a battery electric vehicle this year at least, a little bit of fancy futuristic tech.
TRUEpiiiicness
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TRUEpiiiicness »

Happy new year!
Putting a person on mars is looking somewhat feasible at this point.

Unfortunately teleportation probably won't be possible for a very long time yet. Assuming its human teleportation, you need to convert every atom of the body into data. The average human body will require ~10 undecillion GB of storage space.

Of course I hope for big discoveries and inventions within science and tech for this year.
Currently working on Descent: The Countdown Level 22 (Ogep'rgs) (Geometry)
Descent: The Countdown
Normal levels done 21/27
Secret levels done 2/3
Next level to be done: Level 23 (IO Sulphur Refinery)
The grand collection (Only after Descent: The Countdown)
??? ?/?
??? ?/?
Note
Any levels I make are free to use (even redesign) and include in any mission set. Just pm me if you going to do so.

Descent levels be like
Ah yes
Enslaved squares
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Happy New Year! No flyin’ nothin! :lol:

Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Well, not exactly self-cleaning houses, but at least we have some cool smart home devices! :wink: :lol:
Nonetheless, happy 2020 to everyone! :mrgreen:
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:50 am Happy new year!

I'm hoping to get a battery electric vehicle this year at least, a little bit of fancy futuristic tech.
What brand of electric car were you looking at?

Oh, and I was so hoping for sonic showers in 2020 like in Star Trek too. No getting wet and having to dry off or mess with your hair. You're clean, dry and ready to go. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:54 pm What brand of electric car were you looking at?

Oh, and I was so hoping for sonic showers in 2020 like in Star Trek too. No getting wet and having to dry off or mess with your hair. You're clean, dry and ready to go. :P
A Tesla model 3 performance some time this spring or early summer if not sooner.
FlightRN2go
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by FlightRN2go »

Same to you and whomever else my service announcement may help. I'm not going to get into the gory details but In 2019, as in previous years, vehicle accidents topped my list as the messiest to deal with. Seriously, I feel more comfortable landing on a building or a small patch between some tall trees than driving on a highway. I only wish drivers who multi-task between driving, texting, other distractions, and especially being dismissive of the vehicles coming toward them, could see what we see when we land someplace and how bad it makes us feel when we see you.

Hope you all have a safe 2020
Trauma.... Not that I want you to get hurt, I just want to be there when you do.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:00 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:54 pm What brand of electric car were you looking at?

A Tesla model 3 performance some time this spring or early summer if not sooner.
Nice! My neighbor's got an older Tesla and he loves it.