Rittenhouse found innocent

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Rittenhouse found innocent

Post by woodchip »

On all 5 counts...justifiably so
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re: Rittenhouse found innocent

Post by Ferno »

I'd ask 'why justifiably so' but that would be a waste of our time.

Instead, I'm gonna bounce you around like a football because only you would support someone crossing state lines, provoking others, then shooting them.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If only someone would give woodchip the kind of "first aid" that comes from the barrel of an AR-15, maybe he would change his persp-... Ahahahaha who are we kidding, not in a million years.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

I don't know what woodchip expected coming here and posting that. I bet if it was Charles Manson going around shanking black people, he'd be cheering him on.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I figured woodchip would come here about this one without any thoughtful discussion. First off, yes, the idiot kid DID have to right to defend himself and keep his weapon out of the hands of rioters, so the verdict is no surprise. But no one is asking WHY this same underage idiot thought that it would be "fun" to go out armed with an assault weapon like a soldier in a video game (and why his stupid parents let him go there armed in the first place), all in order to maybe protect people's businesses from rioters in a city he didn't even live in. I can see any business owner defending his own property with a weapon given the situation, but not some stupid out of town kid vigilante who should have known better. And make no mistake, he did not understand that, yes, he may have to actually pull the trigger and take a life when he went out that night doing what he did. He's obviously immature and thought that just swaggering around with his weapon swinging in front of him like a big dick would be sufficient deterrence, or else he wouldn't have cried like a baby on the stand recalling events. So that's just what we need on the streets of the good ol' U.S. of A. Another stupid kid with underdeveloped frontal lobes carrying around a deadly weapon during a violent riot. I can just hear his juvenile thought process. "Gee, nothing bad is going to happen. I'm just going to stand here, look macho and all those nasty rioters will stay away from me". HA! What a load of crap!

Something else little video game fantasy dreamer Kyle didn't think of. The last guy he shot in the arm seriously thought that he was an active shooter running around. That man had a perfect right to shoot Kyle dead in the streets to save other people WITH THAT ASSUMPTION. It's too bad he didn't shoot his pistol first. He thought about it for a fraction of a second like an adult and got shot for his troubles by a KID, so Kyle's lucky he's not currently DEAD. It would have saved us all from the trials and bull★■◆● during the last several months if the little prick HAD gotten shot. The whole thing is so ★■◆●ing stupid. :roll:

Oh and woodchip. If you think this is a win for gun owners, think again. Because of the stupid actions of this kid, all the anti-gun people are now riled up and starting to push for more and more gun reforms and if they succeed, they will slowly take away YOUR gun rights. In Oregon, a group is now starting a petition to get a restrictive gun law put on the ballot. No new sales of assault rifles and no owning magazines that can hold over ten rounds. As a law abiding gun owner, that will affect ME because I would have to register my weapon with the damn state police if this crap gets voted in. We've already got around half our rural counties that want to secede from Oregon and either join Idaho or create their own state called Jefferson. If something stupid like this ever passes, the push will get real and nasty.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

It's apparently legal for a 17 year old to acquire an AR-15, bring it to a protest, and then shoot and kill people if he feels threatened.

Whether or not I agree with if that should be legal, ★■◆● all the people glorifying this kid. He made bad choices. The people celebrating him will encourage more people to make bad choices.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:26 pm I'd ask 'why justifiably so' but that would be a waste of our time.

Instead, I'm gonna bounce you around like a football because only you would support someone crossing state lines, provoking others, then shooting them.
Just why do you think I supported him on any of your nutty reasons? Sadly you must stop regurgitating what the liberal press plants in your brain.
I guess you still rather have the court of public opinion instead of a real court. Only thing you bounced around are those empty ping pong balls for brains you have.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:19 pm
Ferno wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:26 pm I'd ask 'why justifiably so' but that would be a waste of our time.

Just why do you think I supported him on any of your nutty reasons? Sadly you must stop regurgitating what the liberal press plants in your brain.
I guess you still rather have the court of public opinion instead of a real court. Only thing you bounced around are those empty ping pong balls for brains you have.
Funny how you thought I was influenced by "the liberal media" when I draw my judgement solely on what you've said over these last few years and compared them to my old school conservative values. Like the one where you treat your neighbour well, like the one where you be gracious, responsible, self-sufficient and courteous to others. Good to see you're still using low-rent insults to try and get under my skin -- something you still haven't learned doesn't work.

Funny thing about "court of public opinion": That's where the law is drawn from. It IS public opinion codified. Where do you think the opinion that murder should be a crime came from?

Also: Image
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

What a shock that woody would roll in here defending this little pussy-ass ★■◆●. This outcome was all but guaranteed when the piece of ★■◆● judge bent over backwards to get him off the hook.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

People also need to realize that Kyle came to Kenosha based on calls from right wing militia groups to go there and kick ass against those protesting black people. I don't even know if that stuff came out in court.

I'm afraid I now have to agree with that veteran's statement Ferno posted. The kid went there to be Rambo and he got off murdering 2 people doing it.

It gets better. What a clusterfuck. No wonder the police didn't arrest him when he walked by all those police in their armored vehicles, still carrying his rifle.

https://dailymontanan.com/2021/11/18/la ... n-kenosha/

Now those 3 white good ol' boys who shot Arbery for doing the same damn thing that other white people were doing, looking through a house under construction, better be convicted of murder or our justice system is in serious trouble.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:38 pm I figured woodchip would come here about this one without any thoughtful discussion. First off, yes, the idiot kid DID have to right to defend himself and keep his weapon out of the hands of rioters, so the verdict is no surprise. But no one is asking WHY this same underage idiot thought that it would be "fun" to go out armed with an assault weapon like a soldier in a video game (and why his stupid parents let him go there armed in the first place), all in order to maybe protect people's businesses from rioters in a city he didn't even live in. I can see any business owner defending his own property with a weapon given the situation, but not some stupid out of town kid vigilante who should have known better. And make no mistake, he did not understand that, yes, he may have to actually pull the trigger and take a life when he went out that night doing what he did. He's obviously immature and thought that just swaggering around with his weapon swinging in front of him like a big dick would be sufficient deterrence, or else he wouldn't have cried like a baby on the stand recalling events. So that's just what we need on the streets of the good ol' U.S. of A. Another stupid kid with underdeveloped frontal lobes carrying around a deadly weapon during a violent riot. I can just hear his juvenile thought process. "Gee, nothing bad is going to happen. I'm just going to stand here, look macho and all those nasty rioters will stay away from me". HA! What a load of crap!
As I replied to Ferno, never thought he should of went either, nor did any of the conservative commentators i listen to
Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:38 pmSomething else little video game fantasy dreamer Kyle didn't think of. The last guy he shot in the arm seriously thought that he was an active shooter running around. That man had a perfect right to shoot Kyle dead in the streets to save other people WITH THAT ASSUMPTION. It's too bad he didn't shoot his pistol first. He thought about it for a fraction of a second like an adult and got shot for his troubles by a KID, so Kyle's lucky he's not currently DEAD. It would have saved us all from the trials and bull★■◆● during the last several months if the little prick HAD gotten shot. The whole thing is so ★■◆●ing stupid. :roll:
If he did as you suggest he would have been charged and convicted.

Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:38 pmOh and woodchip. If you think this is a win for gun owners, think again. Because of the stupid actions of this kid, all the anti-gun people are now riled up and starting to push for more and more gun reforms and if they succeed, they will slowly take away YOUR gun rights. In Oregon, a group is now starting a petition to get a restrictive gun law put on the ballot. No new sales of assault rifles and no owning magazines that can hold over ten rounds. As a law abiding gun owner, that will affect ME because I would have to register my weapon with the damn state police if this crap gets voted in. We've already got around half our rural counties that want to secede from Oregon and either join Idaho or create their own state called Jefferson. If something stupid like this ever passes, the push will get real and nasty.
Not The kids fault. Those things were in the works long before Rittenhouse was acquitted

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

The correct term for this guy is vigilante, not "terrorist" or "insurgent". But hey if people want to let some internet idiot do their thinking for them, why should I care.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Wrong. It is long overdue that we recognize white supremacy movements, groups, individuals and their conservative supporters are actually domestic terrorists and should be labeled and treated as such.

The difference between a vigilante and a terrorist is in the results, I don't feel intent really matters. No person or property was safer that day because this moron crossed state lines and took an assault rifle to an expected riot. The evidence is that three people were shot, two of them fatally because he felt threatened. He probably wouldn't have felt threatened if he hadn't gone at all, or hadn't been open carrying a confrontation magnet like an AR-15. Just because it turned out to be legal today doesn't mean the result is justice.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Woodchip,the prosecutor should have tried Kyle on vigilantism, not self-defense, so he royally screwed up. The shooting that transpired was the direct fault of the right wing militias and the weird macho fantasies of a teen-aged kid who shouldn't have owned or showed up carrying such a weapon in an urban area in the first place. Kyle went there to join the militias with the wild thought that HE was going to help protect someone else's business, probably after reading all the crap these militia nutcases put out on Tik Tok and the far right platform Gab or the Proud Boys Telegram site. He certainly didn't come up with that idea on his own and he certainly drank some far right militia KoolAid to embolden himself. The police should've been doing their jobs during the riots, that's their duty. But the stupid police did the community no justice allowing these armed groups to operate with impunity either. Their actions only emboldened these illegal vigilantes and set the stage for murder. If a black kid with an AR-15 hanging from his neck strutted by those police in their caravan of Bush supplied armored vehicles, even with his arms raised like Kyle, he would've been arrested or more likely shot given the current attitudes of the Kenosha police right now. And that's the problem Blacks have with the police all over the country. They knee jerk assume that most blacks walking down the street are criminals. Even more telling is that Tucker Carlson interviewed this smiling murderer like he's some sort of hero victim. Holy crap what's this country come to and Fox News only feeds on this poison. And whether you like it or not, IF the armed protestor who was shot in the arm as Kyle's last shooting victim had instead shot Kyle first and then claimed HE thought the kid was a mass shooter and that HE acted to protect himself and the public, HE would've gotten off without a trial. There have been a lot of kid mass shooters lately, so the assumption would've been a valid one. So this is what he got for trying to defend himself, a round of 5.56 ammunition through his upper right bicep. The little prick must have loaded his weapon with frangible tipped bullets. I'll bet little baby Kyle had NO IDEA of the type of damage that a single bullet like that could do to the human body. Nasty.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12519578/ ... l-verdict/

As to these "militias", they are illegal entities, period. Business owners have the right to protect their own businesses, even with deadly force as was demonstrated by Korean shop owners during the Los Angeles riots, but NOT out of town vigilantes in any shape, form or fashion.They shouldn't even be in the streets running around with their assault rifles like a bunch of unregulated hateful playground soldiers, all emboldened by that idiot jackass leader of theirs, Trump. They are VIGILANTES, not militias, PERIOD. Vigilantism is illegal in any state's books. Now this little brat's actions have emboldened these militia nutcases even more.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16795411/ ... ttenhouse/

This little prick in now a hero to the far right nutcases, the cause celeb, so we just moved that much closer to civil war than we were before this trial and liberal mined people everywhere do not have a clue. Once these "militias" move towards civil war, they will then become full fledged terrorists.

https://www.newsweek.com/buy-firearms-f ... ct-1651553
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

The "crossed state lines" emphasis is a bit silly. Kenosha is on the border and he traveled like 20 miles. Vigilante? Absolutely. Terrorist? I think that goes too far, but it's in the right direction. He certainly planned to at least threaten violence. And that's why he's being glorified by people who want to be able to threaten violence. The real problem is that a lot of those people are hyping themselves up to do more then just threaten violence.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Vander wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:23 pm The "crossed state lines" emphasis is a bit silly. Kenosha is on the border and he traveled like 20 miles. Vigilante? Absolutely. Terrorist? I think that goes too far, but it's in the right direction. He certainly planned to at least threaten violence. And that's why he's being glorified by people who want to be able to threaten violence. The real problem is that a lot of those people are hyping themselves up to do more then just threaten violence.
This is the correct take. I didn't watch the trial and I don't know much about this kid, but based on his actions, in principal, he's a shitty person (and it's most likely because of the environment he grew up in). He's been radicalized at a young age and it's sad. Best case scenario is he's learned a lesson and becomes an advocate for peace and reconciliation. But I suspect he'll just keep being shitty.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:37 am The correct term for this guy is vigilante, not "terrorist" or "insurgent". But hey if people want to let some internet idiot do their thinking for them, why should I care.
Even after being described as a terrorist by a combat veteran, you're still going to use 'vigilante'?

He ain't fuckin Batman, dude.
Kenosha is on the border and he traveled like 20 miles.
Vander, you're a smart dude. But come on - distance doesn't matter. What matters is he crossed a border. It doesn't matter if it's 500 feet inside, 30 miles, or 200 miles. Into a different state is into a different state. If I lived on the eastern BC border and have a BC residential address, and I went into Alberta, I'm still crossing a state (province, but it's essentially the same thing) line.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The whole thing is murky legally. The only reason he had access to a long gun (and AR-15 style weapon is considered a long gun) was an underage hunting loophole in Wisconsin law that allowed him to even own that gun. Yeah, I guess he was hunting humans that night. He certainly wasn't going out to shoot a bear that night. His parents are morons for even letting him own such a gun let alone ALLOW HIM to take it and DRIVE to another county in another state to wield it, 20 miles or not. I can see all sorts of civil lawsuits in his and his parents future. He ain't out of the woods.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hu ... s-n1280950

Where things are even more murky is if the prosecutor had charged him with being a vigilante with the intention of exacting deadly justice (prevent rioters from destroying businesses by shooting them when those businesses are not yours, so illegal) instead of using the self-defense argument. Since Kyle obviously heeded the calls of several local nutbag militia groups to go out and protect local businesses from rioters, he planned his little trip to Kenosha and planned to take that fully loaded weapon with him. Where it gets murky is if a prosecutor could prove that Kyle intended to actually shoot his gun to stop a perceived crime from happening while in the act of being a vigilante. He obviously shot at people and hit those who were in the act of attacking him, but since he put himself in that situation as a vigilante, he created one that didn't exist if he'd stayed home. Sure, he got off on self-defense, but is that valid when you created the situation where you had to shoot another person while acting as a vigilante?

http://criminal-justice.iresearchnet.co ... gilantism/
Vigilantes are often middle-aged men seeking to redress a perceived wrong. What separates vigilantism from self-defense, however, is that vigilantes carefully plan their vengeance, stalking their victims, and premeditating their course of action (O’Connor 2004). The decision to plan a violent act is where many vigilantes run afoul of the law, making them legally culpable for their actions. It is important to remember, however, that the law does not expressly prohibit vigilantism. What becomes problematic for vigilantes are the criminal activities adopted in their pursuit of justice.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Ferno wrote:Vander, you're a smart dude. But come on - distance doesn't matter. What matters is he crossed a border. It doesn't matter if it's 500 feet inside, 30 miles, or 200 miles. Into a different state is into a different state. If I lived on the eastern BC border and have a BC residential address, and I went into Alberta, I'm still crossing a state (province, but it's essentially the same thing) line.
The guy lives in a town that borders Wisconsin. If he lived 2 miles further north, is what he did any better? I'd say no. Besides, does it have any jurisdictional implications? Or is it just stated to make it sound like he traveled farther than he actually did?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:15 pm What a shock that woody would roll in here defending this little pussy-ass ★■◆●. This outcome was all but guaranteed when the piece of ★■◆● judge bent over backwards to get him off the hook.
Only one thing you are forgetting, all 12 of the jurors found him innocent of all 5 of the charges. If you want to blame a piece of ★■◆●, blame the leftist prosecutor. Read what some present and former prosecutors have to say about him.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:03 pm It's apparently legal for a 17 year old to acquire an AR-15, bring it to a protest, and then shoot and kill people if he feels threatened.

Whether or not I agree with if that should be legal, ★■◆● all the people glorifying this kid. He made bad choices. The people celebrating him will encourage more people to make bad choices.
You know, considering how inept the prosecutor handled the case, I wonder if the left wanted Rittenhouse acquitted to generate more unrest.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:45 pm
Ferno wrote:Vander, you're a smart dude. But come on - distance doesn't matter. What matters is he crossed a border. It doesn't matter if it's 500 feet inside, 30 miles, or 200 miles. Into a different state is into a different state. If I lived on the eastern BC border and have a BC residential address, and I went into Alberta, I'm still crossing a state (province, but it's essentially the same thing) line.
The guy lives in a town that borders Wisconsin. If he lived 2 miles further north, is what he did any better? I'd say no. Besides, does it have any jurisdictional implications? Or is it just stated to make it sound like he traveled farther than he actually did?
I hope you both are not arguing by carrying a rifle across and into a state you are not a resident of makes you into a suspicious person, there are a awful lot of hunters who would disagree with you.

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

OMG I disagreed with the "opinion" of a veteran, better lock me up.

My disagreement is based on the legal definition of "terrorist" not my personal opinion.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:56 pm Woodchip,the prosecutor should have tried Kyle on vigilantism, not self-defense, so he royally screwed up. The shooting that transpired was the direct fault of the right wing militias and the weird macho fantasies of a teen-aged kid who shouldn't have owned or showed up carrying such a weapon in an urban area in the first place. Kyle went there to join the militias with the wild thought that HE was going to help protect someone else's business, probably after reading all the crap these militia nutcases put out on Tik Tok and the far right platform Gab or the Proud Boys Telegram site. He certainly didn't come up with that idea on his own and he certainly drank some far right militia KoolAid to embolden himself. The police should've been doing their jobs during the riots, that's their duty. But the stupid police did the community no justice allowing these armed groups to operate with impunity either. Their actions only emboldened these illegal vigilantes and set the stage for murder. If a black kid with an AR-15 hanging from his neck strutted by those police in their caravan of Bush supplied armored vehicles, even with his arms raised like Kyle, he would've been arrested or more likely shot given the current attitudes of the Kenosha police right now. And that's the problem Blacks have with the police all over the country. They knee jerk assume that most blacks walking down the street are criminals. Even more telling is that Tucker Carlson interviewed this smiling murderer like he's some sort of hero victim. Holy crap what's this country come to and Fox News only feeds on this poison. And whether you like it or not, IF the armed protestor who was shot in the arm as Kyle's last shooting victim had instead shot Kyle first and then claimed HE thought the kid was a mass shooter and that HE acted to protect himself and the public, HE would've gotten off without a trial. There have been a lot of kid mass shooters lately, so the assumption would've been a valid one. So this is what he got for trying to defend himself, a round of 5.56 ammunition through his upper right bicep. The little prick must have loaded his weapon with frangible tipped bullets. I'll bet little baby Kyle had NO IDEA of the type of damage that a single bullet like that could do to the human body. Nasty.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12519578/ ... l-verdict/

As to these "militias", they are illegal entities, period. Business owners have the right to protect their own businesses, even with deadly force as was demonstrated by Korean shop owners during the Los Angeles riots, but NOT out of town vigilantes in any shape, form or fashion.They shouldn't even be in the streets running around with their assault rifles like a bunch of unregulated hateful playground soldiers, all emboldened by that idiot jackass leader of theirs, Trump. They are VIGILANTES, not militias, PERIOD. Vigilantism is illegal in any state's books. Now this little brat's actions have emboldened these militia nutcases even more.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16795411/ ... ttenhouse/
So what were BLM doing there? Antifa? Funny how you don't mention these groups. Would Rittenhouse wanted to go there without them? Has Portland recovered yet from their tender ministrations?
Tunnelcat wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:56 pmThis littl e prick in now a hero to the far right nutcases, the cause celeb, so we just moved that much closer to civil war than we were before this trial and liberal mined people everywhere do not have a clue. Once these "militias" move towards civil war, they will then become full fledged terrorists.

https://www.newsweek.com/buy-firearms-f ... ct-1651553
Read my reply to Vander

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:I hope you both are not arguing by carrying a rifle across and into a state you are not a resident of makes you into a suspicious person, there are a awful lot of hunters who would disagree with you.
I'm saying a dude that joins an unsanctioned militia force to threaten violence makes him a suspicious person, not whether or not he crossed a state line. I'm unconcerned about the crossing of state lines other than as a jurisdictional curiosity.

As for the prosecutor "throwing" the case as part of some leftist plot to generate outrage, I think you should check under your bed for commies just to make sure. As a leftist, I'd feel much better if our grand plot did more then let some chud off the hook while at the same time encouraging other chuds act the same.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

BLM is not a terrorist commie plot. They are groups of citizens who are protesting the constant mistreatment and murders of Black citizens by police forces around the country. I'm not saying all police are racist, because right now, we need the police and many of them are hard working servants and that's being unfair to the good ones. But there is enough profiling going on against Blacks in this country that something is seriously skewed and needs fixing. Those who are rioting and destroying property are not protestors but agitators and thugs co-opting the situation, who should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Eugene OR has actually arrested and prosecuted quite a few of them from earlier riots already, mostly young white people by the way. In fact, Portlanders are also getting sick of the people who are out there with only one thought in mind, destroy and vandalize everything they can get their hands on night after night, using some racial political gripe to justify it. They are NOT justified in their actions. They are rioters. They call themselves BLM or Antifa, but all they're doing is using these protests as cover and justification to go out and destroy for the pure fun and hell of it. As in Eugene, they're also mostly young, bored white males and yes, females too. I'd like see them all rot in jail personally. Given the craziness that's been going on during Covid, they have become permanent pests in Portland that need excising. Portland has also begun to ramp up their police funding again in response to this continued nuttiness by the way, so the violence has been counterproductive to BLM's cause. Local business owners DO have the right to personally defend their property from rioters, with deadly force if attacked, but I haven't seen anyone doing that so far up there. Protesting is fine, rioting is not, no matter what your political affiliation. Vigilantes become unlawful when they plot murder as redress and act upon it.

Now we all know that Kyle was not going to go hunt game with his weapon, but instead stand around some stranger's business looking like a threatening and macho deterrent. THAT should not be legal and that makes him a potential human hunter who was seriously delusional if he didn't think he was going to have to pull the trigger during that act. Remember, there was a LOT of shooting going on during that night and he was the ONLY person that killed others. He was not called to arms by the local Kenosha business owners either. He came at the beck and call of the local militia posts on social media on his own immature accord, so that now makes him a vigilante. Worse, the local police gave the wink wink to these militias and stirred the pot. No one was deputized. If to shoot when necessary was Kyle's intention while acting as a vigilante, then he violated the law. THAT'S where the prosecutor screwed up. You can legally defend yourself with deadly force if you're attacked in this country, and he obviously was being attacked. There's no argument on that fact by me. Dredging up the history of the people he shot isn't going to change things no matter their history. He got off on self defense and escaped justice on the other crime he committed that night, being an armed vigilante that used his weapon to kill. But remember, he created the situation in the first place. If he hadn't gone there to play urban soldier, those people wouldn't be dead or maimed, at least by him.

I'm also getting tired of 2nd Amendment posturing by these idiot local militias. Currently, pretty much ALL of them around this country are NOT regulated entities as stated in the U.S. Constitution. As such, they are illegal entities acting unlawfully. They are nothing but armed vigilante groups playing as wannabe toy soldiers. They are undermining the rights of legal gun owners through their actions by creating fear and terror, prompting more and more people to try and restrict gun ownership as a solution. Problem is, this nation is so awash in weapons right now that going after legal gun owners slants things in their favor even more. Once these militias graduate to actual killing for political reasons, they become terrorists and murderers, NOT patriots, period. Even the local police looking the other way or sanctioning their actions does not make them legal. In fact, it's been nothing but counterproductive. All it did was provide more fodder for BLM's grievances that the police favor whites.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Let's see, what can we mark down on Woody's brain-dead bingo card..."leftist," that's a free space anyway...ludicrous conspiracy theory, no surprise...completely side-stepping the point, where have we seen that one before...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Leftist is to woody as food is to a dog. An unthinking reason to salivate and foam at the mouth.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Top Gun wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:35 pmLet's see, what can we mark down on Woody's brain-dead bingo card...
Eh, let him have his fun. The world is passing him by and he clearly doesn't have much feel good about and this seems to be his only hobby. Meanwhile, us "leftists" will continue to thanklessly fight for things that will materially improve his life and well-being.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Truly he is the boomiest boomer who ever boomed.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

At least Facebook didn't do it to him. :)
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

I know to us it doesn't seem that much of a distinction. But it's a matter of law, and when you go from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, it changes. If I walked two miles (or even 20 feet) from my home into another state (or province), I'm now subject to their laws and bylaws. For example: Drinking age in BC is 19 years old, but it's 18 in Alberta. If I were 18, lived in a residence in Alberta as stated on my ID, and walked across the state (province) line, I would not be allowed in a bar. I could say "But I'm allowed to drink where I'm from!" it wouldn't matter. I'm in a different territory, I'm now subject to the new rules. If I tried to buy alcohol from a liquor store, I would be denied. And if I were to ask a guy to buy me alcohol and the BC RCMP caught me doing so, I'd be arrested. It's a hyper-focused, razor thin, black and white system that is interpreted by our squishy, malleable brains and it takes frickin forever to come to a consensus. It's just the way it works.

vision wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:20 pm
Eh, let him have his fun. The world is passing him by and he clearly doesn't have much feel good about and this seems to be his only hobby. Meanwhile, us "leftists" will continue to thanklessly fight for things that will materially improve his life and well-being.
I can't help but wonder just how many "leftist" things woody enjoys, but can't bring himself to admitting so.

Seatbelts for example. 'Leftist commie plot' to keep him from not being thrown out of a vehicle when it hits another. Although with his attitude and mindset, he'd cut them out if they were introduced today. Or how about pharmaceuticals that are rigorously tested so that when he takes them, he doesn't end up having three boils grow on his head. The house he lives in - has to pass a building code that was made possible by 'evil leftist communists'. How about the food he eats? It could be filled with insects, be rotten, mouldy or raw, but because there are regulations authored by 'leftists', he doesn't have to have his stomach pumped when he has a burger and beer. I could go on, but pretty much everything he takes for granted that doesn't kill or maim him was made possible by... the EVIL LEFTIST COMMUNISTS oooooooooooooh.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:29 am
woodchip wrote:I

As for the prosecutor "throwing" the case as part of some leftist plot to generate outrage, I think you should check under your bed for commies just to make sure. As a leftist, I'd feel much better if our grand plot did more then let some chud off the hook while at the same time encouraging other chuds act the same.
Not checking anywhere as I was wondering why...not stating it as fact. There are plenty of prosecutors and defense atty's that are wondering the same thing.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:25 pm Leftist is to woody as food is to a dog. An unthinking reason to salivate and foam at the mouth.
Tell me TC, do I insult you in a like manner?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:01 pm
Ferno wrote:

vision wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:20 pm
I can't help but wonder just how many "leftist" things woody enjoys, but can't bring himself to admitting so.

Seatbelts for example. 'Leftist commie plot' to keep him from not being thrown out of a vehicle when it hits another. Although with his attitude and mindset, he'd cut them out if they were introduced today. Or how about pharmaceuticals that are rigorously tested so that when he takes them, he doesn't end up having three boils grow on his head. The house he lives in - has to pass a building code that was made possible by 'evil leftist communists'. How about the food he eats? It could be filled with insects, be rotten, mouldy or raw, but because there are regulations authored by 'leftists', he doesn't have to have his stomach pumped when he has a burger and beer. I could go on, but pretty much everything he takes for granted that doesn't kill or maim him was made possible by... the EVIL LEFTIST COMMUNISTS oooooooooooooh.
Are you so indoctrinated that you believe things like seat-belts is the product of leftists? You get fully sucked in to the old canard that conservatives want poisened water, bad food and poisoned air? Who got things like the Migatory Wildfowl Act and laws to keep the pot hole's from being plowed under by farmes? Hunters and NRA. Of course you probably believe hunting bambi is evil and should be banned

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:35 pm Let's see, what can we mark down on Woody's brain-dead bingo card..."leftist," that's a free space anyway...ludicrous conspiracy theory, no surprise...completely side-stepping the point, where have we seen that one before...
How about "Lets go Brandon"

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:38 am How about "Lets go Brandon"
I mean that's right up your dementia-addled boomer alley, so why the hell not?

Real talk here: do you think that any of use give a single ★■◆● about what you have to say? Do you not grasp that you are an utter laughingstock and that on the rare occasions when you do show up here and dump a load of drivel, we're just pointing at you and snickering? Has that ever crossed your mind?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:26 pm
woodchip wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:38 am How about "Lets go Brandon"
I mean that's right up your dementia-addled boomer alley, so why the hell not?

Real talk here: do you think that any of use give a single ★■◆● about what you have to say? Do you not grasp that you are an utter laughingstock and that on the rare occasions when you do show up here and dump a load of drivel, we're just pointing at you and snickering? Has that ever crossed your mind?
No, I'm reminded of junior high adolescents needing to puff up their ego's

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:07 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:25 pm Leftist is to woody as food is to a dog. An unthinking reason to salivate and foam at the mouth.
Tell me TC, do I insult you in a like manner?
Not an insult. I was just describing your reactions to anything liberal, reactions that show me you draw heavily from whatever right wing spoon fed knee jerk propaganda you listen to without any questioning rational thought. That's your public face here. Am I wrong? And to think I agreed with the verdict. :roll:

And "Let's go Brandon" was some stupid reporter's attempt to clean up a NASCAR crowd that was yelling "★■◆● Joe Biden" in the background during an interview. They have the right to say what they want, so why clean it up? We lefties already know those delusional good old boys don't like Biden and he hasn't even taken away their guns or property yet. Is it because they STILL don't believe he won the election? Holeee crap quite a few brains are missing in action! Heaven knows I've said nasty things about Trump, although in fairness, he certainly deserves it being the asswipe idiot bully he acts like. Biden at least acts presidential while in office, so I'll give him credit for that even though I personally don't like him.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:20 pm No, I'm reminded of junior high adolescents needing to puff up their ego's
The fact that you think this has anything to do with egos just makes you all the worthier of derision.