Urban Warfare

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Urban Warfare

Post by Tunnelcat »

With all the discussions about the police killing unarmed suspects or innocent victims, why are they now armed like the military going to war? The suspect in this case was only carrying a heavy bike lock and deserved to get shot for attacking customers and sure, L.A. is a dangerous place for cops anymore. But WHY was that ONE cop who shot the suspect armed with an assault rifle most likely loaded with high powered rounds? Maybe if he'd used a pistol instead of a rifle, the round wouldn't have penetrated the wall behind the suspect, killing a young girl who was inside a dressing room trying on a dress with her mother and trying to hide in safety? At the very least, a pistol round may not have been fatal to the girl by the time it went through the wall and struck her. All the other cops had only pistols.

Warning, this video is graphic.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Urban Warfare

Post by LightWolf »

Has it been confirmed whether or not he was authorized to carry the assault rifle?
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

The answer is simple TC.

Cops are being trained to treat us as an enemy military.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

ACAB.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

In a adrenaline situation like that those cops were way too anxious and trigger happy. Absolutely terrible the way it was handheld.

Here's one kind of recently. Part time park district police department in Chicago Heights had 9 M-16 rifles. Was there a mob war going on between the squirrels and pigeons.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2021/09/03 ... wat-teams/
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

TigerRaptorFX wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:43 pm In a adrenaline situation like that those cops were way too anxious and trigger happy. Absolutely terrible the way it was handheld.
I noticed that during the video. Mr. Fumble Fingers of Death.
Ferno wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:45 pm The answer is simple TC.

Cops are being trained to treat us as an enemy military.
Unfortunately, a lot of the general public owns weapons far more powerful than what that cop was carrying. But still, to be a cop and fire a high powered rifle inside a shopping center full of people is absolutely irresponsible. How are they training these guys on which weapon to use in what situation anyway? :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

You want the police to give up their military rifles? A good start would be "You first!". The police aren't the only ones going all militant.

There are so many guns in the US that you (as a civilian) could be shot and killed at any time for any reason or no reason at all. And since most Americans refuse to support any form of gun control they have no grounds to complain about gun violence.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Isn't it because in the US you can own an assault rifle so the cops need to have the same or better to take down this idiots?
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:33 am You want the police to give up their military rifles? A good start would be "You first!". The police aren't the only ones going all militant.

There are so many guns in the US that you (as a civilian) could be shot and killed at any time for any reason or no reason at all. And since most Americans refuse to support any form of gun control they have no grounds to complain about gun violence.
Unfortunately, it's about half of all Americans who don't want any form of gun control. I have a friend who's a rabid gun nut and he used to be in the Vietnamese Military, so he's got some serious firepower brought back from his time during that. He owns an arsenal (I'm not kidding) and enough ammo to start a war. He's a really nice guy, but he's very firm in his belief that if the government came along and tried to take his guns away, he'd be the first to start a violent revolution. I'm guessing that's the way a lot of these people think, including woodchip. With all that in mind, how in the Hell can any kind of control even make a difference at this point? There WILL be violence if the authorities even try. There is so much really nasty firepower out there in the hands of people who will keep it or die that even the army may be outgunned. People with a fervent belief in the 2nd Amendment hold that as their firm Constitutional right, even though the 2nd Amendment says nothing about ordinary citizens owning such weapons without some sort of State militia oversight and a catch all reference to ordinary citizens keeping and bearing arms. I think the Founding Fathers would have a collective coronary if they saw how that Amendment was being used by modern citizens today. Anything that gun control people try now will only cause these people to dig and and foment a violent revolution. I've listened to enough of them to know it's true to their bones. It's sad that the horse has long gotten out of the proverbial barn and we can no longer catch it to save our cities' citizens from killing each other and law enforcement. Personally, I'd be willing to support strong gun controls if we could get all the wingnuts to follow suit. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen during my lifetime.
CDN_Merlin wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:30 pm Isn't it because in the US you can own an assault rifle so the cops need to have the same or better to take down this idiots?
Yep, that's pretty much it. In fact, there are guns out there that make that cop's rifle look puny. But I think that the cop who shot the suspect in the video (he was the only one with a rifle you'll notice) was carrying too high powered of a weapon to be fired inside a shopping mall where people were around, especially since no one reported to the police that the suspect was armed with a gun in the 911 call. The guy was assaulting people with a bike lock of all things. They could've tried tazing him first at the very least before resorting to shooting him. They didn't even try.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

TC: About being 'outgunned', That might be true if the military had nothing but small arms. They have howitzers, infantry fighting vehicles, rapid-response teams, main battle tanks, MANPADS, snipers of all sorts, interceptors, close air support, gunships of all sorts, night vision that isn't something out of a cereal box and probably a huge amount of stuff I'm forgetting or don't even know about. A straight up american militia versus the United States Military fight would end up crumpling all of them faster than the Iraqi Revolutionary Guard.

Y'AllQuaeda, boogaloo boys, the proud boys, and the Talibamans are horribly and hilariously outmatched in pretty much any aspect, and they pretend they're not.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yeah, but there is one problem, a significant portion of the volunteer military is comprised of said Y'AllQuaeda, boogaloo boys, proud boys, and Talibamans. The ads for joining the army/navy/marines/national guard/etc are exactly the sort of patriotic bull★■◆● propaganda those types suck up like candy.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Krom wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:43 pm Yeah, but there is one problem, a significant portion of the volunteer military is comprised of said Y'AllQuaeda, boogaloo boys, proud boys, and Talibamans. The ads for joining the army/navy/marines/national guard/etc are exactly the sort of patriotic bull★■◆● propaganda those types suck up like candy.
They'll still be taken out regardless.

"Where are you going with that?" "Uh..." "Right, that's it. Either let it go or you get done."
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:43 pm Yeah, but there is one problem, a significant portion of the volunteer military is comprised of said Y'AllQuaeda, boogaloo boys, proud boys, and Talibamans. The ads for joining the army/navy/marines/national guard/etc are exactly the sort of patriotic bull★■◆● propaganda those types suck up like candy.
Except you left out BLM and ANTIFA:
Florida man with Antifa gear allegedly targets January 6 rally, police find explosives at home
https://www.detroitnews.us/2022/01/09/f ... s-at-home/

And its a good thing men and women sucked up to the patriotic bull★■◆● or you would be speaking German or Japanese. Then again with your diminished cranial capacity you think it would be preferable.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:And its a good thing men and women sucked up to the patriotic bull★■◆● or you would be speaking German or Japanese.
mmm, antifa as national policy.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Anti-Fascism as national policy is ok with me but those buffoons running around on the streets are just vigilantes...so what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

No better than the Proud Boys...right?
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Nah, the fascists are worse.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Funny, because a lot of the Trump-supporting alt-right groups are using German terms nowadays due to their Nazi fetishism.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:12 am Funny, because a lot of the Trump-supporting alt-right groups are using German terms nowadays due to their Nazi fetishism.
And the teacher's unions is calling parents who object to school boards as domestic terrorists and try to get the Justice Dept to arrest them. And evidently you forget all the Nazis verbiage by the left when Trump was in office
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

They're only Nazi's if they come from the Bavarian region. Otherwise it's sparkling fascism.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

woodchip wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:28 am And its a good thing men and women sucked up to the patriotic bull★■◆● or you would be speaking German or Japanese. Then again with your diminished cranial capacity you think it would be preferable.
Jokes on you because I already speak quite a bit of Japanese and my dad speaks some German. That's what happens when one spends time on continuing education. You should try it instead of being a fascist dickhead all the time. Or are you afraid you might actually learn something that doesn't affirm your twisted batshit insane perception of reality?
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

I'm not talking about the shallow 'anyone I don't like is a Nazi' meaning of the word, I mean literal Nazis, who consistently support him:

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Krom wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:03 pm
woodchip wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:28 am And its a good thing men and women sucked up to the patriotic bull★■◆● or you would be speaking German or Japanese. Then again with your diminished cranial capacity you think it would be preferable.
Jokes on you because I already speak quite a bit of Japanese and my dad speaks some German. That's what happens when one spends time on continuing education. You should try it instead of being a fascist dickhead all the time. Or are you afraid you might actually learn something that doesn't affirm your twisted batshit insane perception of reality?
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the idea of the Axis conquering and permanently occupying the US in WWII. A situation which not only could never have realistically happened, but also one that a fair amount of Trump supporters would be actively cheering on.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:28 am
Florida man with Antifa gear allegedly targets January 6 rally, police find explosives at home

And its a good thing men and women sucked up to the patriotic bull★■◆● or you would be speaking German or Japanese. Then again with your diminished cranial capacity you think it would be preferable.
"get the fox news app"

Well, that tells me everything about detroit news' slant.

If you haven't figured out that the insurrectionists at jan 6 were trying to shift the blame on antifa, then you've fallen for their psyops. If memory serves, they were screaming about how insulted they were when people were claiming antifa had a part in it.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Ferno wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:43 pm

"get the fox news app"

Well, that tells me everything about detroit news' slant.

If you haven't figured out that the insurrectionists at jan 6 were trying to shift the blame on antifa, then you've fallen for their psyops. If memory serves, they were screaming about how insulted they were when people were claiming antifa had a part in it.
I think there was like, one person there who had previously been at antifa rallies... and even they had disavowed him previously for being a nutcase.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The real threat to American Democracy, nutbag unregulated militias like the Oath Keepers. Patriots my ass. They're nothing but a bunch of toy soldiers who were planning a little sedition under the guise of being patriots who wanted their vaunted autocrat Trump to stay in office no matter what the voters said. So thank you FBI for nailing these pricks. And this confirmed my thought as to WHO was out there buying all the massive amounts of guns and ammo in this country. The leader himself spent over 40 grand on new protective armor, weapons and ammo in preparation for a January 6th Civil War 2.0. The Antifa idiots are a bunch of noobs in comparison to these assholes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/us/p ... hodes.html
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:03 pm
Jokes not on me, this is the first post you addressed to me that you actually said something about what you do except you decided to pee your pants , and show your command of the english language. Too bad you don't spend more time on that.
So the jokes on you as I watch docu-series on the tube and just bought a Nikon D850. It is quite different from the camera I bought 20+ years ago. With 365 pages to the manual, speak about life long learning.

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Vander wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:11 am mmm, antifa as national policy.
The irony here is just delicious isn't it?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

So you think Trump and his minions are patriots? What reality do you live in? The one your mind made up and holds onto like it was super glued there permanently so that you can no longer think for yourself? Your "guy" is actively trying to destroy 200+ years of American democracy just to get into permanent power by any means possible, including lying about the vote, sedition and violent coup attempts. Your "guy's" ego just can't stand that he LOST the vote of the people fair and square all because enough people saw that he's an unstable ★■◆● only out for himself, not our country. I see better parallels to Hitler than anyone else and you need to wake up and smell the orange turd and find a functioning adult Republican who's not power hungry, conspiracy loving, insane AND an absolute idiot.

Zealot ( ˈzɛlət) n an immoderate, fanatical, or extremely zealous adherent to a cause.