Elden Ring

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Elden Ring

Post by woodchip »

While potentially being the best game ever, Elden Ring on PC has a bad rep due to company that ported it over. Don't know if it has been fixed so I'm asking any of you who have this game for PC if it has been fixed...has it?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re: Elden Ring

Post by fliptw »

No, it still has performance issues, the only difference is the consoles have capped framerates. Which is par for the course for from software.

It wasn't ported, its a first party release on PC regardless.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

n fairness, the quality of From Software's PC ports had been improving over time. The original Dark Souls was a disaster, but from its sequel up to Sekiro, PC users received the best versions of those games. Unfortunately, this welcome upward trajectory nose-dives with the release of Elden Ring. Its issues are numerous, but most egregious of all is a persistent stuttering that ruins the flow of the game - it's a genuinely poor presentation that needs to be addressed urgently.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... ood-enough
The Steam forums, in particular, are quite the riot right now, with some players complaining about how the game won’t even launch for them, while others just think it’s pretty stupid how FromSoftware decided to make the game open world, one that’s supposedly pretty damn bland. The drama follows through to Elden Ring’s store page, which currently lists a Mixed response for the game based on over 30,000 reviews, an amusing contrast from what the average critic seems to be shilling.

Another thread on reddit is filled with Elden Ring players who want their money back and are calling for others to hold FromSoftware accountable for its apparently lame PC effort.
https://www.thefpsreview.com/2022/02/25 ... -pc-ports/
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I got the impression it was ported

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I don't even play or have any interest in that type of game and even I have heard about how bad it is.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I think the game looks interesting and I would totally play it.

As someone that loves Morrowind and Zelda, I think it looks like fun. The only thing stopping me is if it's not a game on my phone, I probably don't have time to play it. I played Ocarina of Time on my phone and it was very difficult using a touch screen as a game pad, but I managed. Even the SNES's Link to the Past was very difficult, however, I am happy that all of those old console games run on android emulators. Even morrowind has an emulator on android.

GTA on the PSP emulator was very difficult to use and I bet if they ever ported Elden Ring to mobile it would be just as hard to control. So even if it comes to mobile, I don't think I could do very well. I need a gamepad, but I'm not going to carry one around in my pocket.

I have games for my PS3 that I started a while back and it's been... like a decade? I don't know when I'll get back to them.

However, when I retire, I'll definitely get the Elden Ring from an abandonware website
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉