I feel bad. Foil's final post on the dbb. edit: another flat earth conversation...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: I feel bad. Foil's final post on the dbb. edit: another flat earth conversation...

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:44 pm You’re not understanding what I’m saying.
Since you won't do the experiment, I'm doing it for you:

❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: I feel bad. Foil's final post on the dbb. edit: another flat earth conversation...

Post by Neo »

Okay look at the eclipsed ceiling fan at another location/angle without turning the CD and tell me the CD looks circular.
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:41 pm Okay look at the eclipsed ceiling fan at another location/angle without turning the CD and tell me the CD looks circular.
But why? the moon doesn't change facing. The closest thing to it is the minor perspective change in the topography. The distance from the earth can explain why we don't see edges of the moon.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Oh I see what you're saying. I forgot something about the moon that I won't talk about here. :) It's still a sphere. :)
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Did you not try the experiment with a plate?
Did you know that Plato invented the plate? True story.
si vis pacem, para bellum
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:52 am Oh I see what you're saying. I forgot something about the moon that I won't talk about here. :) It's still a sphere. :)
Why won't you talk about it here? Is it some sensitive topic for you?
Flatlander wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:07 am
Did you not try the experiment with a plate?
Did you know that Plato invented the plate? True story.
And here I thought it was Plato
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

No guys, Plato invented Play-Dough. Everyone knows that fact.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

See that’s proof that Isaac is trolling. They’re doing the same thing talking the same way.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I think this is now the single-dumbest thread in the history of this forum. So...congrats?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Top Gun wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:59 pm I think this is now the single-dumbest thread in the history of this forum. So...congrats?
He claims the Earth is flat but insists I'm wrong when I say the Moon is flat. Can you believe the nerve?
Neo wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:52 am I forgot something about the moon that I won't talk about here. :)
The thing you don't want to talk about here is something you shouldn't know right? Something you can't simply observe? Correct?
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Actually one can observe it and one is supposed to notice but most don’t. x_x
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Top Gun wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:59 pm I think this is now the single-dumbest thread in the history of this forum. So...congrats?
Hey, I didn’t create this thread. :)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:42 pm Actually one can observe it and one is supposed to notice but most don’t. x_x
Is that what you meant when you said
Neo wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:52 am ...I forgot something about the moon that I won't talk about here. ...
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Yeah, you found it. x_x
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:40 pm Yeah, you found it. x_x
I want you to just tell me the truth. How am I trolling if the truth is all I'm asking for. You should question your beliefs and character if you're afraid of speaking the truth.

I'll ask again, because you like me to repeat myself:
Neo wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:41 pm Okay look at the eclipsed ceiling fan at another location/angle without turning the CD and tell me the CD looks circular.
But why? the moon doesn't change facing. The closest thing to it is the minor perspective change in the topography. The distance from the earth can explain why we don't see edges of the moon.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I want you to tell me the truth first and admit you don't believe the moon is a flat disk.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:04 pm I want you to tell me the truth first and admit you don't believe the moon is a flat disk.
But if I actually believe it, then I'd be lying, no? I'm saying I believe it and have given many posts describing the proof, in this threads and others. You once told me you'd quickly disprove my belief.

You almost did by explaining the geography and nature of the moon's movement in space. So why don't you stop being so afraid of me and tell me why the moon doesn't change facing. Again the closest thing to it is the minor perspective change in the topography. The distance from the earth can explain why we don't see edges of the moon.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I did disprove your belief. I said look at solar eclipses. In none of them does the moon appear to be a flattened disk. I'm not afraid of you, I just don't want you to know certain things about reality.. haha.. and in most cases, the people asking questions don't either.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:47 pm I did disprove your belief. I said look at solar eclipses. In none of them does the moon appear to be a flattened disk.
Scroll to the top of this page. Then go "oooooh a disc can cast an eclipse." Explain why it's different, which you haven't done once.
Neo wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:47 pm I'm not afraid of you, I just don't want you to know certain things about reality..
Nervous fear in 5..4..3..2..1.
Neo wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:47 pm haha..
If you're not afraid, address my counter claim at the top of the page. You keep dodging it. The more you do, the more scared you look to me, meaning you're lying to me about being afraid. At least you know I'm telling you the truth.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

You seem to be misunderstanding what I’m saying about a disk moon and solar eclipses. I’ll explain when I get home.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I really don't want to think of you as a liar, but your question dodging is reflecting on how you were raised... Probably by liars... Admit it.You're trying to make up an answer and need more time. If you were honest you would simply say so. Please tell me I'm wrong.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Lol I was out at the supermarket and forgot. Okay try this: do the same experiment but hold the CD and turn it either to the left or to the right at an angle …like between 0 and 90 degrees just so it isn’t looking like a circle in front of a fan. See what I’m saying now?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:55 pm Lol I was out at the supermarket and forgot. Okay try this: do the same experiment but hold the CD and turn it either to the left or to the right at an angle …like between 0 and 90 degrees just so it isn’t looking like a circle in front of a fan. See what I’m saying now?
But the moon never changes it's facing. Unless you believe the moon's back is visible in japan while the front is in the US and in europe you see the moon at 90 deg. That's not how the moon works.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Oh so you think it could be a disk that never turns? How could one observer see a circle and someone somewhere else on flat earth see a circle too?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:09 pm Oh so you think it could be a disk that never turns? How could one observer see a circle and someone somewhere else on flat earth see a circle too?
Because of its distance.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

If the moon gets its light from the sun, why would the moon be flat?

I removed something to avoid confusion
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:14 pm If the moon gets its light from the sun, why would the moon be flat?
Why would it or how would it? It would just hit the moon from behind the earth. Why? I don't know the moon's motives.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:14 pm If the moon gets its light from the sun, why would the moon be flat?

I removed something to avoid confusion
Did you see the disc-clipse?
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I don't think it's coming back. It ran off rather quickly leaving a hole in the wall. It went to follow the old thing that left the E&C.

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

TigerRaptor wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:40 pm I don't think it's coming back. It ran off rather quickly leaving a hole in the wall. It went to follow the old thing that left the E&C.

Neo is gone?!?!? Whaaa??