Ducks!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Ducks!

Post by Krom »

A few weeks ago we heard a large bird flying around our front porch a few times, and after further investigation we found a duck nesting in one of our flower beds:

So we abandon our plans to prune or trim around the flower bed for the time being, and a few weeks later we notice a significant increase in activity:

And the next day after that, the security camera system captured this:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: Ducks!

Post by Isaac »

That's great!
Where I live all the backyards open to a bike trail which is a city park with an oxbow lake in the middle. My neighbors all feed the ducks (It's against the law I heard). Those ducks are so spoiled.

My wife and I fed our ducks only ONCE because they got violent over my Pringles chips I was feeding them. When I told my mother, she was upset. Told me chips were not healthy for ducks. Over all, a pretty bad experience. The ducks got mad... my mom got mad... I was breaking the law, so uncle sam got mad.. everyone was mad.....
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You've got ducks. Just up the hill from me, I have these kitties for neighbors. Caught on their wildlife cam mounted on the side of their driveway.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

She'll probably be back next year to raise another clutch.