New Green Deal is dying

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: New Green Deal is dying

Post by Top Gun »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

What I don't get is that woody comes here creating obvious controversial posts knowing full well he won't be agreed with pretty much all of the time, then whines when he gets ganged up on. Is he a masochist or maybe harbors delusional hopes he can beat his crazy nonsense into people's heads if he repeats it often enough? :wink:

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:19 am Yeah? Lots of peoples trucks can tow 11,000 pound trailers, and lots of peoples trucks have actually done that zero times. Congrats on doing it once, something you could have done by renting a truck, want a cookie?

And a 35 MPG mini-cooper, wow. My car gets 133 MPGe in town and is a hell of a lot more fun to drive than a mini-cooper.

As for 45 minutes to fill up... My car is always "full up" because it fills up in the driveway when I am not using it. I spend a fraction of the time fueling up as you do.
Click to view the full size image.
See that picture, that's my car filling up with me having spent ~2 seconds plugging it in before walking away. Every day I get back to the driveway, plug it in, and walk away, it is then "full" the next time I get in it. I don't have to drive to a station, get out, swipe a card, plug it in, and then stand around while it charges up. It does it on its own, unsupervised, while I can sit comfortably in my house shitposting on the internet.
Once again you prove that you'll never amount to more than a department head. I wasn't comparing my truck to other trucks. It was compared to your flimsy towing ability Tesla. Nice deflection tho. Then you make a totally ignorant statement about renting a truck in lieu of getting a trailer. What do you think I was doing prior? Did You think I only had one trip down there? Ever rents a truck? Here's a suggestion, since I don't make comments about how you handle tech I suggest you don't make comments on what you don't know
And congrats on only using the Tesla to drive to work where there is a charging park. I guess you haven't used it for a long trip.
And now you have strange urge to post a pic of your car. Who really cares...different strokes for different folks. Stop trying to puff up your ego, no one cares...other than the pathetic hanger-ons that drool over your responses.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:02 pm What I don't get is that woody comes here creating obvious controversial posts knowing full well he won't be agreed with pretty much all of the time, then whines when he gets ganged up on. Is he a masochist or maybe harbors delusional hopes he can beat his crazy nonsense into people's heads if he repeats it often enough? :wink:

I post facts about green energy and to date I see no refuting of them. I can only assume the other posters here are of a low intellect and base their responses on emotion. Hence the name calling.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

How's your glass house holding up.
woodchip wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:25 amI can only assume the other posters here are of a low intellect and base their responses on emotion. Hence the name calling.
"Do you know what a colossal idiot you are? I guess not because you are a idiot".
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TigerRaptor wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:34 am How's your glass house holding up.
woodchip wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:25 amI can only assume the other posters here are of a low intellect and base their responses on emotion. Hence the name calling.
"Do you know what a colossal idiot you are? I guess not because you are a idiot".
you make my point. Thanks.

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Uh huh. Once again, how's your glass house holding up?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TigerRaptor wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:53 am Uh huh. Once again, how's your glass house holding up?
how does it feel to be a suck-up?

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:25 am I post facts about green energy and to date I see no refuting of them. I can only assume the other posters here are of a low intellect and base their responses on emotion. Hence the name calling.
Every new technology has it's birthing pains and slow adoption. It also has it's supporters and detractors. You are a detractor, so much so that you will fight tooth and nail to stay with a technology you're comfortable with, even as it slowly destroys the climate and we run out of the oil that powers it. 130 years ago, people hated cars and complained they scared horses, were noisy, dangerous and spread dust. Most of those complaints were "fact". Horses were slow, couldn't haul large loads and pissed and pooped all over the streets. People today in modern society would be grossed out at just standing on the street corner it smelled so bad, let alone cross that street dodging the waste on the ground. You'd probably be one of those rabid anti-car protestors back in the early part of the 20th century. You'd also be left in the dust as the technology finally took off and everyone adopted it.

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/100 ... troduction
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Oh nooos!!! I have been defeated.

I guess I'll never be as smart and intelligent as Woody here. I can dream though, I can dream.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:05 am
TigerRaptor wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:53 am Uh huh. Once again, how's your glass house holding up?
how does it feel to be a suck-up?
Suckup to who? Calling the kettle black yourself?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

woodchip wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:20 am Once again you prove that you'll never amount to more than a department head. I wasn't comparing my truck to other trucks. It was compared to your flimsy towing ability Tesla. Nice deflection tho. Then you make a totally ignorant statement about renting a truck in lieu of getting a trailer. What do you think I was doing prior? Did You think I only had one trip down there? Ever rents a truck? Here's a suggestion, since I don't make comments about how you handle tech I suggest you don't make comments on what you don't know
And congrats on only using the Tesla to drive to work where there is a charging park. I guess you haven't used it for a long trip.
And now you have strange urge to post a pic of your car. Who really cares...different strokes for different folks. Stop trying to puff up your ego, no one cares...other than the pathetic hanger-ons that drool over your responses.
This is rich coming from the jerk who only read some right wing propaganda article on the internet and think it makes him an expert.

Bragging how your truck can tow an 11,000 pound trailer which is more than my midsized sedan could. No ★■◆●ing ★■◆● Sherlock. What other amazing pieces of wisdom are you going to share with us?

What makes you think I don't know about trucks? I grew up on a midwest farm, I was driving a manual transmission RWD truck with an open differential offroad pretty much as soon as I was tall enough to reach the pedals. Then I worked for a public works department for 10 years and drove a truck pretty much every day, and towed short and long trailers while I was at it. Even in my current job I have forklift certification and am even one of the forklift instructors. I have plenty of experience with trucks and heavy equipment.

You on the other hand have never driven an EV and you are trying to talk ★■◆● about charge times like some kind of expert. "Well you've never taken it on a long road trip!" I've never spent more than 14 minutes at a supercharger. And practically nobody these days would spend 45 minutes at one:
https://evchargingstations.com/charging ... 0-minutes/
The average for the entire fleet of over 4 million Teslas is 27.5 minutes and that is with all the people doing it wrong. If you are really serious on a road trip you won't be spending more than 20 minutes at any supercharger stop.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Is this a bad time to mention someone built a V8 Tesla. Imagine the look on peoples face filling up at a gas station with this Tesla. Mind ★■◆● on overload. :lol:

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

At least it isn't a woman driving it. I've seen more videos of women trying to gas up electric cars than men. :lol:

Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:54 pm At least it isn't a woman driving it. I've seen more videos of women trying to gas up electric cars than men. :lol:

That has got to be staged. The blatant cleavage is a dead giveaway.
si vis pacem, para bellum
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

And if you think it's only stupid women....

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:07 pm
woodchip wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:01 amwhile I don't care that you bought a EV, doesn't mean you are superior because you do.
Right, he's superior for many other reasons.
And those are?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom professionally driving his forklift:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ch ... rcna126889

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Someone's salty today.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Woody getting his truck window smashed. Schadenfreude. :P

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:15 pm
woodchip wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:01 amwhile I don't care that you bought a EV, doesn't mean you are superior because you do.
And those are?
He doesn't advocate for genocide, for one.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:29 am
And those are?
What, like you do?

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:34 am
Darth Wang wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:29 am
And those are?
What, like you do?
I wasn't the one who said that an inhabited area should be "wiped clean" with a "proper cleansing".
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Those were your words woody. Trying to walk them back now?
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:59 am Those were your words woody. Trying to walk them back now?
I don't know how he came to the conclusion that I advocate for genocide, unless he thinks it's some weird binary where being against the genocide of Palestine means I'm somehow for the genocide of Israel. I'm against genocide period.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

In his mind, if you aren't with him, you're against him, all the way. Isn't that the way most MAGA Republicans think, since they can't seem to think for themselves.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Darth Wang wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:54 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:59 am Those were your words woody. Trying to walk them back now?
I don't know how he came to the conclusion that I advocate for genocide, unless he thinks it's some weird binary where being against the genocide of Palestine means I'm somehow for the genocide of Israel. I'm against genocide period.
Every accusation he makes is actually a confession. Typical nazi.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

You are pro Palestinian who want to eliminate the jews. Lets hear their chant again, "from the river to the sea". Sick people are in charge of Palestine and what will you be saying when Iran gives them a dirty bomb? And they set it off. That the jews deserve it?

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:32 am
You are pro Palestinian who want to eliminate the jews. Lets hear their chant again, "from the river to the sea". Sick people are in charge of Palestine and what will you be saying when Iran gives them a dirty bomb? And they set it off. That the jews deserve it?
I'm against Netahanyu and Likud indiscriminately slaughtering Palestinian civilians. I'm also against Hamas indiscriminately slaughtering Israeli civilians. They are both equally bad. Is your brain really incapable of processing that there are options besides 'murder all Palestinians' and 'murder all Israelis'? :roll:

You seem unable to comprehend that it's not a case of 'Palestine good, Israel bad', or vice-versa, it's a case of 'GENOCIDE bad'.