nVidia ForceWare 61.76

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

nVidia ForceWare 61.76

Post by Grendel »

Grab it here.

Can't really say how they run, the leaked 62.11 works very well tho :)
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

downloading now........
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

x2
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Just out of curiosity, why do you guys go through the bother of continuously updating your drivers? It takes a while to do each update, with having to uninstall the old drivers, thus setting Windows to an ultra-low-res setting that makes it difficult just to find the Start menu :P. Then, as soon as you get all of your refresh rates reset, another new driver comes along a month or two later. Does each new set of drivers really provide an added benefit to a set that may be several months old but runs with absolutely no problems?

(Now watch while I update myself in a day or two :P.)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Uhhh... I updated my drivers by just installing the new ones right over the old ones, doubleclicking coolbits.reg rebooting and checking the new settings that are available. None of that uninstall vga mode stuff.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Do these support GLSL now?
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

a. you don't need to uninstall the old drivers (even the manual says so). The setup that comes w/ them will do it for you and install the new ones in one step.

b. it takes you a month to configure your setup ? I usually need ~2min ;) It became irritating w/ the beta flood lately tho..

c. the 6X.XX drivers do perform noticably better than the 5X.XX drivers, esp. w/ FX cards.

Unless you experience problems w/ the games you play I wouldn't recommend using the leaked betas. Just stick to the official releases. I'm still hoping that the white square bug will be less prominent w/ a newer driver tho -- hey, one can hope ;) (and yes, I know it's a D3 problem..)
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

i just install over the old ones.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Really? At least with older versions, I always read that the old drivers needed to be uninstalled before installing the new ones, even up to a 59.XX version. I can't remember if it was on the website or within the installation program, though. Maybe the newer versions have made it simpler. And no, it doesn't take that long to fix settings; I just get irritated by having to do it at all :P.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I always read that the old drivers needed to be uninstalled
These are the same people who use Detonator Destroyer, patch D3 incrementally 1.0 -> 1.1 -> etc., and reformat their systems when upgrading major hardware componenets. They like making things difficult for themselves and other people.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Jeff250 wrote:
I always read that the old drivers needed to be uninstalled
These are the same people who use Detonator Destroyer, patch D3 incrementally 1.0 -> 1.1 -> etc., and reformat their systems when upgrading major hardware componenets. They like making things difficult for themselves and other people.
I reformat my system about once every 6 months anyway. I don't reformat when swapping out a video card, I do reformat when swapping out a motherboard.
Bess
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Bess »

Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Grendel wrote:a. you don't need to uninstall the old drivers (even the manual says so). The setup that comes w/ them will do it for you and install the new ones in one step.
Has been that way ever since.. ;)
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

its been incoorperated in driver installations for years now...
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Krom wrote: .... I do reformat when swapping out a motherboard.
Ditto!
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Well Windows like to go berzerko if you don't reinstall it after changing mobos. It deals with video cards just fine.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

XP/NTFS can get odd if you try ghosting it to a new hard drive, or so I have heard. Other then the motherboard there is very little you would need to format for when changing something.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

...so GLSL?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Check the Release Notes?
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Actually, just the other day I took a hard drive from a completely different PC and swapped it with a failing one in another PC for a client. It was Windows 98 of all things, but everything came up great and just had to install a few new drivers. Once I did have bad luck though with one of my own upgrades, but I always like to put off formats as long as possible, since they're usually not necessary anyways (if you take good care of your baby :P). And I'd even go as far as to say that that applies to complete hardware upgrades. I mean, think about it, your former device driver entries in the registry take up a few dozen keys, which, in the grand scheme of things, is what, nada?

But to get back on track, it seems as if every site has a different list of improvements, but the grand scheme of things is PS 3.0, PCI-E support, improved AF and FSAA quality, improved Farcry performance, 64-bit support, Geforce 6 support, etc. I've been on this beta track for a while, and no problems at all.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

BUBBALOU wrote:
Krom wrote: .... I do reformat when swapping out a motherboard.
Ditto!
well u prity much half to cause NT wornt boot :P
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Krom wrote:Check the Release Notes?
Woohoo!

Life is good...
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Warlock wrote:well u prity much half to cause NT wornt boot :P
Unless the controller is the same.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Coolbits2 may come handy. Make sure to enable the profile page tho.