SP2 Final, sorta:

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

SP2 Final, sorta:

Post by Jeff250 »

http://board.iexbeta.com/ibf10/index.ph ... 45182&st=0

Getting a nice 330KB/sec off of IRC though. :lol:
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Ooo goody it works too. Boot up just as fast, and plus no one's hacked into my computer yet. A few things that are automatically enabled are easily disabled from the same dialogue alerting you to the fact, and a couple new services that need disabling if you don't need them. A word from experience, though, keep the Automatic Updates and BITS services enabled though, even if you don't necessarily think you need them, in order for the new Windows Update to work. edit: I.e., you can disable automatic updates, just keep the service running.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

i would not even d/l that cause its not on MS offical site. cause u never know if some one jack with a few thangs in it
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

No worries, it's digitally signed and matches to the byte to the RTM release.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

What Do I gain from SP2?

Post by Canuck »

Is there more DRM in SP2? They can keep it.

I have an old p233 on my network that runs older versions of software, that still allows me to copy and save what I dl from the Internet.

Why should I give that up?

What do I gain from a console that just tells me I'm hacked?

More patches?

Hope there are some plusses, I'm not bashing MS at least they really are trying to do something positive this time around.
Teddy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Teddy »

Hey Canuk, what DRM stuff keeps you from saving what you d/l off the internet???
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Do you want to know what happens if you try to play DRM-protected audio files that you don't have the licenses for without installing WMP9? I have no idea, but you still can't play them, and I can't imagine the error message being as friendly or accurate. Probably some CODEC error. So go ahead and load up your Kazaa and keep downloading your MP3's. That's right folks-- we're going to have to put off the End of the World prospect to Longhorn.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

In Canada we are taxed TWICE on all blank media, and if the Lawyers have their way,

A third or more times the value of any item capable of copying music etc., and get this even memory and hard drives in ALL devices.

Manufacurers are fighting this tooth and nail as it would make exporting to Canada prohibitive.

A Supreme Court judge ruled that copyright infrigment was just the same as having a photocopier machine in a Library.

As long as it is for personal and private use with no monetary gain, copy and share away.

As for flogging the "Trusted Computing Environment" and Longhorn... http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

They can keep it.
My customers would rather stay a year behind.