John Stossel....

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

John Stossel....

Post by Fusion pimp »

My buddy came by last night and dropped off this series of CD's called "Give me a break". Anyone ever listened to it? Awesome stuff.. I can't shut it off.

I think this guy represents America's majority. I'm diggin' it. This guy is my hero and a classic libertarian.

B-
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

Nobody?

Wow!
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I've heard of him but not heard the CD's you're talking about.
He was all but fired and blacklisted when he started exposing the lefty's in his news specials. Go figure, they loved him when he was busting on 'Big Business' or anything-rightwing, now they wish he'd go away!
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

Will,
Spend the time/cash and hunt down his CD. He's so spot-on, I wish everyone thought like him.

B-
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

I've seen some of his stuff on TV, pretty interesting.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I saw him talking to a conservative students' group. He had some interesting comments, many of which I felt were dead-on. I especially liked his opinions about applying the Constitution as written, not reading some pseudo-spin into it.
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

Vind,
The opinions he expresses on ABC are stifled. He talks about it on the CD how he's always told what he can and can't say in the media and what he says are chopped/PC versions of his true feelings. He said he's constantly pushing the reports further and further into the gray area(non-pc) and the ABC lawyers, etc. are constantly pushing back claiming he might offend.
Really interesting stuff. Real eye opener.

Top,
yep, he's big on free market, less government and the dignity of risk each American *should* have but doesn't. He rips into almost everyone from the whacko tree huggers to the conservatives lining their pockets and the lawyers who make millions of lawsuits involving nobody in particular.
He explains how Americans are duped into believing that the government can somehow do a better job at providing/protecting the people than a free market economy, etc.
It's 6 hours and I wish it were longer.

B-
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I like watching John, He always debunks all the great mythsâ?¦

He and Dennis Miller are a breath of fresh air, and I enjoy the both of themâ?¦
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I watched John on 20/20 since I was little. Great guy.