I feel like $#!t

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Darkside Heartless
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

I feel like $#!t

Post by Darkside Heartless »

Just got all 4 of my wisdom teeht taken out amd I can't feel my lower jaw, my face feels like its abopout to fall off and I'm about o puke from the general anesthesia. I never thought I could be this miserable in my entire life.

dang, I hate dentists
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

:(

you know what will make it better?

not going to work, staying home and slacking all day

:D <--- look the smily has no teeth, but he still smiles. oh how he mocks you. but hey, he can't surf the net all day while not being at work can he? sucks to be you toothless smily. yay darksideheartless, you've got that over 'im.
Zer0Cool
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zer0Cool »

they should have given you vicadin....and that my friend, is worth it.

i got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out a few years ago when i was in highschool, nothing like jello, pudding, apple sauce, and mashed potatos for a week straight, with a side of vicadin. :D
Jagger
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Jagger »

I had all four of my wisdom teeth out. Fortunately, my doctor was reeeaally good and I had no pain afterwards.

Now my first oral surgery, on the other hand, was torture. I had a tooth growing towards my tongue. Since it was the third tooth to grow in that spot, it started coming in underneath the regular adult tooth and then turned inwards. They had to pull the top tooth, take the third one out, turn it right side up then do a bone graft out of my jaw. I could not open my mouth for a MONTH and it hurt so bad that Vicoden didn't do a THING.

Believe me, I feel for ya, bro. :(
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I had no problems with getting all four of mine taken out two months ago. I only needed the Vicodin for a day or two; after that, Tylenol did the trick. Zer0Cool, I'm with you on Jello and pudding :P. Tuna fish also worked pretty well, since it doesn't require much chewing. I didn't experience much swelling; what I did was resolved with bags of frozen peas (hey, it worked :P). I didn't experience any nausea at all; that may have to do with the fact that I was under intravenous sedation, not nitrous oxide or anything. I'll tell you, though, I was out of it after I woke up. I don't even remember the car ride home :P.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

<-- all 32 teeth intact.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I had 4 of mine removed about 2 years ago now. I got over it after the third day. Used no painkillers. The first day was the worst, headache and all, but it got over fast and after a week I was brushing my teeth like normal.

I think the medicine you take after the surgery is what makes you feel $&itty. Just dont take them. Instead have a diet of vitamins, eat healthy, and get some sleep. The first day is the worst but once you brave that day then it gets better from there.

But hey, its better than having worse pain all over your jaw years later if you dont remove them.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Dude, try having your foot ripped off. Then have 5 guys try 4 times to relocate it back onto the end of your leg. You'll WISH you'd been to the dentist instead. How quit yer bitchin' and take it like a man! ;)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i really feel like jelly and custard now.

no custard around hte house :( but i can make jelly :D JELLYJELLYJELY!L@Y
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Vicoden does different stuff to different people- I have a friend who couldn't take it because it made him extermely sick to his stomach.
Plebeian
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Plebeian »

Had mine out about 6-7 years ago, never needed a single pain reliever for it, didn't have any dry sockets, and I don't remember having mushy food for a long time afterwards, though I know I wasn't exactly munching on chips right afterwards.... (I did have a shake immediately on the way home, though, and yeah, I used the straw. :oops: )

However, I did pass out on the way to the bathroom at one point, from the sedative plus blood loss (plus standing up and immediately walking). :oops:

Hope you start feeling better, and just take it easy! (Not that you have much choice when you feel like crap....) Recovering from procedures is always tiring. You're lying around resting up, but it's not all that refreshing. Least it isn't usually for me.
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

My mom took a vallium pill before she had lasik surgery... she couldn't stay awake during the entire day for a week.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Just hope to high hell you don't get a dry socket. Those bastards hurt.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

<-- never grew wisdom teeth.
Zer0Cool
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zer0Cool »

Krom wrote:<-- never grew wisdom teeth.
lucky bastid
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

I had a molar pulled last week and man was it a trip. He numbed me and everything but he was like climbing on top of me with those pliers pulling and yanking. I could hear and feel the bone cracking ... Damn it hurt when the novacaine wore off ... but then again LORTAB is your friend :D
Jagger
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Jagger »

Krom wrote:<-- never grew wisdom teeth.
They might come in later.
[DWL]Punk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [DWL]Punk »

yeah LORTABS rock. i get em for 10 cents each, eat them like candy sometimes
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

[DWL]Punk wrote:yeah LORTABS rock. i get em for 10 cents each, eat them like candy sometimes
That might explain a lot :P