Handwriting

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Handwriting

Post by Tricord »

I was wondering about how much can be derived by examining someone's handwriting. You know how they say it can be told from your handwriting if you are depressed, confident, etc..

I enjoy very much taking a pen and writing something down. I have my own hand writing of course, and to me it looks perfectly normal, but I'm sure some people may have trouble reading it, or would find that some words are written in a funny way. Also, the way I write a letter depends on the letter that follows.

Anyway, I always take great care to write nicely and consistently, and I like the way my handwriting looks. Do you have a readable handwriting? Does it always look the same or is it irregular?

Also, how much do you believe can be derived about the writer's personality from handwriting examination? Is there someone who is actually knowledgeable on the subject here and can tell us more about it?
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

I have some pretty exotic handwriting, I get mean looks when I sign bills @ resturants. :P But I like to draw/write so I guess that comes with the territory. :)

I can see how on a day when I'm sick or tired, I don't put much effort into my handwriting style.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

If you write on a blank sheet of paper, without any lines to guide you, you can tell if you are happy or sad based upon which direction the end of your sentence curves. If it curves downwards, you're sad, but if it stays straight or curves toward the top of the sheet by the end of the sentence, you're happy.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

I read an article about this a few months ago, and supposedly quite a bit can be deduced from examining one's handwriting. For example, criminals tend to end letters that point downward upward, a sign of rebellion and resistance to conformity. As for my writing, all they could deduce is that I have sloppy handwriting. I never learned to write well, and have used computers 95% of the time since I learned to type, so I have had little chance to improve.
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

Yea I never really learned to write well either.
Instig8
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Instig8 »

I'm training to become a doctor. Try understanding my writing. Being a lefty, makes my Dr. training so much easier. I get the added bonus of smudging the ink from whatever I just wrote.
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

I've noticed that since taking lots of math classes in college that my numbers look neater than they did in high school. Lots of practice will do that for you i guess :|
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

[MS]Instig8 wrote:I'm training to become a doctor. Try understanding my writing. Being a lefty, makes my Dr. training so much easier. I get the added bonus of smudging the ink from whatever I just wrote.
I'm left handed and I must be the only bugger on this Earth who doesn't smudge his own writing..
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

Are there more left handed arabs I take it? :P

I'm with Clay. I can type about 5 times faster than I write, so any chance I have to do *ANYTHING*, I type it.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

I think there are some established statistical patterns you can use in analyzing handwriting. You can never be SURE the big loop on the lowercase "l" (that's an ell, not a one, for you memo-forgers out there) means what the handwriting experts think it means for a particular person, but a lot of times they are correct.

But then, "a lot of times" is not "every time". And a lot of times, their statements are as vague as horoscopes, so they're almost guaranteed to be correct. ("The way he curves this letter shows that sometimes he's confident and sometimes he's not." "Wow, dude, I'm convinced! How much do I owe you?")

Oh, and my handwriting is pitiful. I think it shows, among other things, that I'm not interested in having nice handwriting.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

wtf tricord, co-incidental. there was a post like this in my fav livejournal community only yesterday or so.
i'll just cut-paste what i wrote there:

unnaturally sane. from a few days ago when i was very relaxed, so relaxed that i actually drew a bit too :D. it's about as good as it gets without needing to think about it.

normal. this is what my writing is normally; %80 of the time.

pseudo-psychotic. ... o_o' (if you can read the blood sugar reading at the very top, it explains a lot)
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

My handwriting is semi-legible when I'm not in a hurry. It actually looks kinda nice when I'm paying attention to it. On the other hand, I have an insane way of holding a pencil (the tip of my middle finger is pressing straight down on the pencil) so my writing is always very dark, because of excessive pressure on the writing utensil. Meh. I'm tired. Gnight. :P
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

My handwriting is terrible. As a kid my teachers thought i had learning disabilities. Funny thing though, i've been complemented upon my written hebrew...go figure. Also, in Israel some companies request a sample of handwriting for acessing prospective employees. I think it's a crock of the smelly stuff myself.

EDIT: I karnt spel eivva
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Handwriting analysis definitely allows to TO DECIDE WHAT LANGUAGE THE TEXT IS WRITTEN IN!

Beyond that, well, check your horoscope. :P
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

Flabby Chick wrote:I karnt spel eivva
Sounds about right for you...
Zoop!
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Zoop! »

Robo wrote:
[MS]Instig8 wrote:I'm training to become a doctor. Try understanding my writing. Being a lefty, makes my Dr. training so much easier. I get the added bonus of smudging the ink from whatever I just wrote.
I'm left handed and I must be the only bugger on this Earth who doesn't smudge his own writing..
Try taking some accounting courses. That'll do you in too.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

My handwriting (print and cursive) looks like total dog chit. Wonder what that indicates about me ...
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

I use print in my hand writing since college -- I had to read my notes after all.. Stayed w/ it, so, yeah, even you could read what I wrote :P
[AuDiO]
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [AuDiO] »

I have the worst handwriting ever. Impossible to read if I'm in a hurry and barely able to read when I take my time. I've always preferred typing over writing.

edit:grammar; inpossible, heh. too much time on the internet
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

what if your handwriting goes perfectly straight?