Public Apologies

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Public Apologies

Post by Suncho »

I would like to publicly apologize about the way I have been treating certain people over the years. I'm afraid I have let the game get in the way of my better judgement. Nobody deserves the things I've said about some Descent 3 players and their families.

There are certain people that I have said nasty things to that I wish to apologize for. No matter what any of you have done to me (and honestly some of you haven't done very much), none of you deserve the things I've said. I didn't mean the things I said. I was just angry. So this apology goes out to the following people:

Gonzo
Hattrick
WindForce
Redbone
LORD DRACO
Sandmann
Bigrye
SCOOBY
MOB-Lisa
SuperSheep
Kal-El
Gavotte
Tricord
Samus
Acecombat

...and some people that I probably forgot to mention. (sorry)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Takes a big man to admit his faults. Congrats Suncho.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET LAID ONCE?
;-0
Vertigo
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo »

Rofl Meat Image

And indeed, it takes a big man to admit such a thing, apoligies will certainly be accepted i think Image
Gavotte
Catcher of the cliché
Catcher of the cliché

Post by Gavotte »

<s>What the heck? Hello? What about me?! Image I have been greatly offended by you more than once! For example, I take great offence at this thread when you said Tricord's planetdescent sucked ( ubb/Forum18/private-qLpPY90/HTML/000419.html ) Although, Nebob's comment made it all better..
<font face="Arial" size="3">You're the reason D3 didn't sell, you arrogant, intolerant, egotistical, superiorist piece of dog sh*t. You're the image associated with the Descent community in others, and that's because you're constantly vilifying other games for no reason and ranting how D is for "those of superior intellect" on other BBs. Who the f*ck appointed you to be the Descent community police man? Shut the f*ck up for once in your miserable life and let the people play or not play what they want. You're not better than anyone, and neither is any Descent player no matter how much they'd like to believe that a game gives their ***** incredible powers.</font>
Perhaps I don't need a "I'm sorry" post from you.. aw well! Let's hope that Ferno follows the example of our dear sister, suncho!

-Gav</s>

EDIT: Hey, He edited it.... I do count! Image
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Added ya on there Gavotte. =)
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

I never knew about the thread Gav mentioned. Now that I've read it, I am highly surprised your apology is not directed to me, among others.

Not only for that thread, but for the endless harassment during the development of a community ladder, during the feedback probing for the D3 Game Tracker (D3GT) project, and during the merger of PD with D3C.

Now that the subject is on again, I will say what I should have said to you in the face three years ago: you're an arrogant, whining, irritating little pest. You have never done anything positive in this community, you have only criticised others which were trying to build things. Many times, it just looked as though you were disagreeing on purpose just to rise the tension or to render yourself most irritating.

The credit for the post-myself era on PlanetDescent goes to the ASP coder, which was Testi I believe, because he was so good to make whatever Ryu asked him to. Ryu's part of the effort had already been established on D3C, so it was a matter of HTML makeup and extensive use of FTP.

It takes a lot of skill in various domains to successfully run a website like PD in it's days of height, and one of them is to ignore the harassment and banter of pricks like you. Now that all of that is history, I can vent.

I have never considered PD to be a failure under my administration. In fact, it was a big improvement over the period where Arse and Pres didn't have time to look after it. I will admit that lack of interest is something that I was guilty of, and lack of support from GS for the PHP coder yielded the circumstances in which I resigned.

Now, if you have a snappy response, keep it to yourself. Nobody cares. You diserve no respect.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

As long as this stays civil, I'll let it stay open.
Gavotte
Catcher of the cliché
Catcher of the cliché

Post by Gavotte »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Tricord:
I will say what I should have said to you in the face three years ago: you're an arrogant, whining, irritating little pest. You have never done anything positive in this community, you have only criticised others which were trying to build things. Many times, it just looked as though you were disagreeing on purpose just to rise the tension or to render yourself most irritating.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Suncho did help out with some aspects of the community. Don't say he didn't... that isn't fair.

Was he critical? Yes
Was he arrogant? Yes
Was he crude? Yes
Was he a nasty, bitter person? Yes

But he did contribute. He may have not had same type of effect you have had tri.. You did quite a bit and really IMHO held up a good part of the D1/D2 years we had with your work. You were always helpful, even when your english wasn't as good as it is today. Image Image But, please understand that Descent 3 was diffrent and brought people like Suncho and *shiver* Mobuis.

Suncho did news coverage for the DBB with me, and I believe he did things at D3C and PD. This isn't opening up a website like Tricordnet but it does matter. There is always going to be people who like to be really critical... but those are just the people that keep us doing better.

-Gav
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

Gav, there are many people who did loads more without whining that much. I agree doing news is contribution, but it was more of a honour to post news on a prestigeous website, much like being a moderator on the DBB was prestigeous.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Suncho seems like a real nice guy in person.
Gavotte
Catcher of the cliché
Catcher of the cliché

Post by Gavotte »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Tricord:
Gav, there are many people who did loads more without whining that much. I agree doing news is contribution, but it was more of a honour to post news on a prestigeous website, much like being a moderator on the DBB was prestigeous.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is true, but who would have thought Suncho would make a post like this? Would would have thought Tetrad would become the Moderator of the cafe from the humble beginnings of his Garbage fetish? Who would have thought Xciter would become a admin? Who exactly? People* change, and when you spend as many years as I have here you see sometimes allot of changes. People have been banned. People have died. People have left and some are still here. This group has seen highs and lows. I don't know why he said what he did, perhaps is some kind of self-healing... who knows, but it seems to me that hating Suncho over what he said some 3 years ago is quite uneeded... people change.

Most people such as myself are here for fun... fun could for you, me, or anyone else could differ... but all and all, we're still here for the same reason. Just try to enjoy yourself and don't worry about what people said, or what happend. It's not worth the trouble.

-Gav

*When I refer to people, I mean everyone except ferno... he hasn't changed. Image
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

It's the red hair and freckles goob. He's like Opie. How can you not like Opie?!?!?
Max_T
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Max_T »

What did MOB-Lisa ever do 2 u? lol
Gavotte
Catcher of the cliché
Catcher of the cliché

Post by Gavotte »

Oh, by the by... I have a extra thought on your comment about the DBB mods..
<font face="Arial" size="3">much like being a moderator on the DBB was prestigeous.</font>
Tri, I know you have had your hangups with some of our current mods... but it's not as bad as you really think. I think MD is great, he puts up with allot of stuff (including me) that the older 1st and 2nd gen mods would have tossed in a second. Plus he's pretty ok with me messing with him sometimes. (ahem.. the hardware post he made in the NHB Image) I personly don't like Tetrad, he does his job diffrently then MD, but he does do the job. There are so many people that I think could Md's and Tet's job better, but I don't make those choices, it's Xciter and Sickone who does. I think they did pretty ok. For example, would you want someone as myself to moderate the cafe? I'd love to, but it probably won't be the best of ideas. Image

Point is, they don't beg respect and don't ask for us to bow to them. They are just like any other DBBr here... and I respect that.

-Gavotte
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Suncho
Man That took some major juevos!
Apoligy accepted and Mine is offered back. It takes two to tango and I was a willing dance partner.
I Look forward to meeting you at Califest in may! -Hat
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

In the spirit of Suncho's extended olive branches, if I've ever said anything disparaging about any of you, or held you up to public ridicule, rest assured you probably deserved it and likely got off easy (that includes you, 'cho). Image Happy New Year, everybody! Image
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Suncho has always been both positive and cocky about playing D3. From my first time online to just the other night when he played against me (aka Peckerwood) and some other guy in Kata 2 on 1 and he beat us @75 to 24 Image
He walks the walk so he can talk the talk...

He's also helped me in games with advice numerous times and usually I was flying under different unknown alias so to him I was just another newb.
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

I've never really had any beefs with Sunch, but I really do think what you said to DRACO was very low...

forgive and forget.

rock on Image
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Tricord, you've put in a lot of hard work for this community and I recognize that now. We were lucky to even have you working on a ladder for us. I also didn't understand your whole situation and I was quick to jump to conclusions before I actually understood why things were the way they were. I'm sorry for all the hard times I gave you.
Gonzo7
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gonzo7 »

Well alex we can consider our long dissagreements over and our business concluded. I still don't understand some of your reasoning. However I most certainly agree with my son Hatt. It takes some big juevos to do this kind of thing. ( I personally hate having to do anything like this). So I try very hard not to get myself in the situation. I would like to say, I have never have, but ofcouse that would be totally false. I will no longer be calling you Buckwheat or anything but your name. I would like extend my best to you in the future
GONZO
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tricord, it takes a big man to make amends...sometimes it takes an even bigger person to accept them.
Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Sarge »

Hey you bastage! Where's my name on there!

Good Show, Sunch!

(Lord Draco deserved it though, IMHO!)

heh
Akasha
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Akasha »

Thanks, Suncho...that is, if you have me on your list as one of the forgotten names. ^_~

I really didn't want you to get hurt or killed by Gonzo or Draco. I know that Draco is a b!tch to everyone except the female of the "species." =P

Anyway, I might as well add my two cents.

+

You're a good teacher in Descent 3. Your philosophy about a good attitude is absolutely true. When you follow that philosophy, it is very inspirational. Your emphasis on strategy, even in Team Anarchy/InstaReap always inspires me. It was nice to be known as a member of New Team, even if it was for a little while.

-

You don't give people enough credit for their God-given talent or believe that they can apply it to D3, no matter how long it takes. Just for the record, nobody respected you enough to believe that you would start your own team. You let me join because you were letting everyone else join. You didn't know me enough to dislike me. During this time, my reputation was okay. The only time you got ticked off was about several months ago when you decided to take the side and listen to the rumors about me from your friends.

You don't always practice what you preach about a good attitude. That makes you look like a total hypocrite. I think you're okay now, though.

Remember, Suncho, even if you are a master of Descent and many people like you, you will still suck if you mistreat the least of players. Do you think I would want people who suck to like me? You used to say "nobody likes you." So you were implying that the pilots who did like me are a nobody, just because they're not in your circle of friends.

Remember, everything you thought about me, I could say the same about you. And I say that to all of you.

I wish you well on your quest to "reload the future" and make D3 popular. Just don't expect people you've hurt to return.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by bash:
In the spirit of Suncho's extended olive branches, if I've ever said anything disparaging about any of you, or held you up to public ridicule, rest assured you probably deserved it and likely got off easy (that includes you, 'cho). Image Happy New Year, everybody! Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry bash... i bet we'd actually get along if it wern't for this cheesy internet thing.

;-0
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

You apologised to Bigrye and Sandmann? OMG - you need a better shrink! Image
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

Apology accepted - there ain't much left to bicker on anyway Image
Darktalyn1
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Darktalyn1 »

in other news im not sorry for anything i have said or done in the past so you can all just piss up a rope Image
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

On that token....I apologize for all of the insults I've given out...except to you Gav because you deserved every single one. Image
3vil l33t
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by 3vil l33t »

I would like to publicly apologize for not having done anything to apologize for. I will attempt to do better in the future. Thank you.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I met Suncho in person a couple of weeks back. He struck me as a person of ideals and conviction. He is loud and excitable .. and can down a mean Irish Car bomb. Image He is also "young" .... under 40 Image

It has been my experiance that folks of this nature are often a bit "volitile"; however, I have also witnessed folks of this nature to become wonderful people that have an incredible gift. Like anything, change takes time and this is an example of personal growth that many never risk.

Way to go Sunch. and best of luck in your travels.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Dupe, you must have me confused with someone else. I didn't drink at that lan. =)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

LOL ...neither did I!

maybe I should have! Image
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Suncho:
<b> I was just angry. So this apology goes out to the following people:

Acecombat

...and some people that I probably forgot to mention. (sorry)</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTH, did you say to me?!? i dont recall anything that you said that got me fired up, pissed off or that was offensive

Apology accepted for whatever it may have been Image
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Thanks Acecombat. =)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by AceCombat:
WTH, did you say to me?!? i dont recall anything that you said that got me fired up, pissed off or that was offensive</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was probably back when you were really sensitive to the least little thing and post about a page full of mad faces. Image
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

probably Image
Nirvana
DBB Harasser
DBB Harasser

Post by Nirvana »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by TheCops:
<b> SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET LAID ONCE?
;-0</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was damn tight, too
his daddy treated him right, apparently! (or had a wee one)
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

If this includes butting-in to conversations that have no relation to you whatsoever, then yea you are forgiven. Image
Akasha
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Akasha »

You're supposed to say "no relation to you whatever," not "whatsoever." "Whatsoever is from old English, Mr. Shakespeare. Image ^_~