Descent 3 teams/clans

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

US_Paratrooper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent 3 teams/clans

Post by US_Paratrooper »

Ive been noticing lately that there has been alot more activity on the D3TL. Some teams are starting to revive themselves on the D3TL, by actually playing. Also another great thing ive noticed happening are those uber l337 pilots joining some of those not so good teams. I like to see that, because it shows that there are some pilots out there that just want to have fun, and dont care about winning all the time.

In my opinion, and i think some of you out there would agree, for our community to strive we need to keep the D3TL alive and going. And in order to acheive this we need to try and get some of these rogue ace pilots to maybe join a team and help them out. Like ive said i have already seen two pilots take this step, why dont some more of them try it out? Think about it guys. Im not saying to break up a certian team that we all know, that just doesnt loose..lol. We just need to do something here to keep the leauge alive...hell its the one of the few reasons i play D3.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I've been a member of D3k for 2051 days and counting, I have no intention of leaving any time soon to join a newbie team.

People always jump to say we should help the newbies who will never stick around anyway at the expense of the experianced and dependible people who keep the game alive.
US_Paratrooper
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by US_Paratrooper »

Krom wrote:I've been a member of D3k for 2051 days and counting, I have no intention of leaving any time soon to join a newbie team.
Notice i used the term "rogue pilot" that means one that is on his own, not in a clan already.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

The problem is that a great deal of those teams don't last very long at all. Teams like TI, Ragnarok, DW, GC, NR, MP, CD, Core, etc. never lasted beyond a few weeks. Even some long-time teams like WC, BoTS, X, Von, CU, DPA, and SSC have dissolved recently. Choosing a team to join is no easy task. Most people play on teams because they're active and they like their team members, not simply just to join any random team.
Notice i used the term "rogue pilot" that means one that is on his own, not in a clan already.
A great deal of the rouge pilots don't frequent boards, and/or have no interest in joining a team, and/or don't play often anymore.
I like to see that, because it shows that there are some pilots out there that just want to have fun, and dont care about winning all the time.
Note that winning and having fun are not mutually exclusive. One can win and have fun. One can also lose and have fun. Likewise, one can win and not have any fun, or lose and not have any fun either. It's all in the motivation and reasons for playing.
In my opinion, and i think some of you out there would agree, for our community to strive we need to keep the D3TL alive and going.
The D3TL can also do damage to the community, and some has been done. I would agree that on the whole it's useful though.
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

I cant speak for the rest of SQN. But the reason I joined a team at first was to get help improving my skills.I stay with SQN now because I enjoy the company and comraderie(sp) of my teammates. Personally i could care less if SQN participates in actual organized team play or not. Just getting together with the friends I've made over the years keeps me as a member.

Dont get me wrong, I am not anti D3TL, I will be there now that the clan wants to play D3TL matches.I just have a different reason for staying with my clan.

Like Krom, I have been with my clan since it's inception and have no desire to leave it. Theyll have to run me off or sell me(ya right, theyll prolly have to pay the recipient) to see me leave SQN.
*Javed*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Descent 3 teams/clans

Post by *Javed* »

US_Paratrooper wrote:Ive been noticing lately that there has been alot more activity on the D3TL. Some teams are starting to revive themselves on the D3TL, by actually playing. Also another great thing ive noticed happening are those uber l337 pilots joining some of those not so good teams. I like to see that, because it shows that there are some pilots out there that just want to have fun, and dont care about winning all the time.

In my opinion, and i think some of you out there would agree, for our community to strive we need to keep the D3TL alive and going. And in order to acheive this we need to try and get some of these rogue ace pilots to maybe join a team and help them out. Like ive said i have already seen two pilots take this step, why dont some more of them try it out? Think about it guys. Im not saying to break up a certian team that we all know, that just doesnt loose..lol. We just need to do something here to keep the leauge alive...hell its the one of the few reasons i play D3.
Its not gonna happen
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

What is the site? i was there in 3 different clans... everyone one went down within a week... just cause they were new clans. one of the clans i was in had a 100% effeciency before the leader guy left...
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

Clayman - MS has been around for 9 years - we aren't going anywhere. We just want people to play against, and to play with us. This isn't just a recruiting call for our own team, its a recruiting call for ALL teams. Team play is where its at.

The D3TL is the only functional team ladder we have left - and we should put it to good use.

Altho I do think the standings should be archived & reset once in a while - MS was inactive for a year and we're STILL #9 in the standings! This isn't an accurate representation of our current team.

We should break it down into 2 seasons a year, Season1 being January to June, with May and June holding the Tournament games - and July through December being Season 2, November and December being tournament months.

I believe the Community can still sustain 10 teams at least - Lets fill up those teams and get some action going on! Whether you revive an old clan or start a new one, we need to act as a whole for the preservation of our game. We should also publicize d3tl goings on on planetdescent - and we should all do what we can to promote D3 play, bring in people from your local community, get your neighbors hooked on it!

Lets get some of the programmers in the community to settle on 1 project for glmax/gate type program and finish it, and use it as standard equipment for D3.

It takes a little effort, but we can get D3 going strong again.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

I'm not sure how breaking it down into two seasons is going to work, since we couldn't even finish the tournament this year as it was - all but a few teams dropped out. There are only 4 teams right now that are playing, period. I hope things turn around, but it looks pretty bleak. It would be nice if some free agents would join some teams and become active, but pulling people away from their current teams isn't the solution.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

i'm planning on getting back into D3 as soon as the halo season sends. my team is in the conference finals so i'll be palying halo until we either win it all or lose a game.

i'm with krom though. the only team i'd gonna play with is D3k, and i highly doubt they want to. I may play for III but only because its got alot of my D3k comrades in it, but its pretty unlikely.
Zer0Cool
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zer0Cool »

w00t kurupt is the shizzle...on a side note i think if some people just played for the fun of it, a lot more teams would be active. However a lot of teams just can't stand being beaten, so they refuse to play other teams. Which is silly IMO, but hey what ya gonna do.
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

NuB will always be open for matches, and they'll at least attempt to give you a run for your money.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Its hard to get rid of MOB. Were it not for a few key people and events we would have been gone a while ago. But we dont revolve around the D3TL, so if it lives or dies, we are still around. We're just a group of friends, not competitors who know each other and like to have fun with an open and loose environment.
Infamous Ingus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Infamous Ingus »

d3tl just needs to adjust with the community. We have less players now, so what would work if other than existing teams, if new teams of "4 or 5 players" were formed.

count ingus in if this thing gets a bit more active.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

Those would have to be 4-5 very active players. Even huge teams like NuB, RIP, and NT have had occasions where they couldn't field a team. 4-5 also completely cuts out large games, which are some of the most fun. Nothing quite like 10-12 man BI3 TA.
BAAL
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by BAAL »

I'd prefer 7 on 7 polaris CTF ;)
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

That too. ;)
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

lets start a team ingus. we can call it ALP. it will stand for Abnormally Large Penii
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

MS only has 4-5 right now with a couple more on the way. And not playing because you get beat all the time is just dumb - whats the point of even having a team if you don't play against other teams?
Fusion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fusion »

Stryker wrote:NuB will always be open for matches, and they'll at least attempt to give you a run for your money.
If you want a match w/us, contact us @ the D3TL. I and my fellow captains are willing to negotiate a match with you
Fusion
D3TL Captain, OS Team