Cali Fest 2k4 Is Set! Register Online!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

We have to have more than 50 some people coming by now. Whats the count? How about an update?
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

54 so far!
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

bought my tickets 2 days ago!
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

My payment will be on it's way by the 15th.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Done. See you there.
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Looks like the last update to the Califest site is over a month old. Something has to have changed in that amout of time.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Rock hasn't been playing d3 and suncho moved out ;p
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

But Califest is still on! =)
The_Rock
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Guy's

Post by The_Rock »

hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates, and such. I need everyone who has already bought their plane tickets, to drop me an email. dan@califest.org

I've been real busy lately, with work, life, family, and the new house. So for those who have purchased their plane tix already, please drop me an email, with all your itenerary.
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

What the plan for monitor rentals?
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

I think there's a graphical glitch on her left boob. I mean... what?
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

I'd have to say Rock has a nice Rack.

RC
Suncho wrote:I think there's a graphical glitch on her left boob. I mean... what?
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Richard Cranium wrote:What the plan for monitor rentals?
Still waiting for an answer to this.
The_Rock
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Update on Califest =(

Post by The_Rock »

Okay, here we go peeps.. and i'm sorry to drop this on you. But here it is.. Califest will indeed be cancelled, due to things I have no control over.

Travelodge promised me that there was enough power in the room to support our event. However, the lady i was working with ended up quitting. There was about a 2 week gap, were travelodge hadn't replaced the lady. I had already made a deposit, and signed the contract. I then started to work with the Hotel Manager to see what was going on. She got an electrician out there, and comes out that they don't have enought power. They also wont allow me to get a subpanel installed, by a Licensed and bonded electrician. Not to mention they wont give me the deposit back. In an case, this has become a legal battle that i'm not pleased about.

I'm kind of pissed about the whole situation, considering the last two califests have been most excellent!! For those what know me, and know my heart.. Know that i bust my tail every year to bring an awesome lan!! Unfortunately i'm done throwing LAN's, and i'm finally through with D3. After these recents events with Califest 2k4, its just put a sour taste in my mouth. I will no longer be playing D3, nor throwing anymore lans. I'll be taking www.califest.org down.

I'll be refunding everyone that paid with pay pal, through their pay pal accounts. For those that sent me a check, please send me an email with your check #. Then i'll go ahead and reimburse you with a money order.

If you have any questions or concerns, just drop me an email: dan@califest.org

I hope everyone understands I did not want this to happen. If you bought a non-refundable plane ticket, let me know. I will definitely entertain you, and show you around the bay area, including SF. Even put up a small lan at my house, for those that wanna still play. For those that know how tough it is to throw a LAN, i'm sure you feel my pain. The past two califest lan parties, have been awesome. I have so many great memories, and have met so many great friends. I truly will miss all the great times, and fun matches.

For those that are my close friends from the d3 community, we will always keep in touch.

Rock
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

:oops:

/me is stunned.. :cry:

Thanks for all the effort Rock -- I really appreciate it and wish it would have happen since I had such a blast last year.. GL !
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

/me falls over laughing!
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

umm, April Fools?
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

If it is he sure got me -- and I don't think it's very funny..
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

I don't understand why you'd cancel over something like that...Line up another venue, I can get a coalition of people together who are willing to invest to make up the lost deposit until such time as it is refunded.

I can help! I'm personally willing to invest time and bucks to make it happen bro. Don't get discouraged and just call it off!

I was REALLY looking forward to this, it was going to be one of the highpoints of my miserable life this year! I'm sure there's lots of others who feel the same way! (At least they feel that I have a miserable life..)
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

its a joke :P
The_Rock
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by The_Rock »

WarAdvocat wrote:I don't understand why you'd cancel over something like that...Line up another venue, I can get a coalition of people together who are willing to invest to make up the lost deposit until such time as it is refunded.

I can help! I'm personally willing to invest time and bucks to make it happen bro. Don't get discouraged and just call it off!

I was REALLY looking forward to this, it was going to be one of the highpoints of my miserable life this year! I'm sure there's lots of others who feel the same way! (At least they feel that I have a miserable life..)
bro it's not even the money, I make enough money to take the loss. I mean i have two choices, one is I refund everyone. Or two, I postpone the event til sometime later this summer or fall. It's really all up to you. For those that think I'm a joke, or think I'm a flake. Whatever, I done stop caring what other people think a long time. All i can say, is in the past two years, the biggest and baddest LAN's where Califest LAN Parties.

In any case, depending on what the people want!! If ya'll want refunds I can do that, if ya'll want me to postpone to a later date. I WILL! You guys tell me, refund or postpone. If it's postponed, it will take me some time to find another venue. It wasn't the money War, never was. It was the place lying to me about the power.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Postpone pls ! :)
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

For those that think I'm a joke, or think I'm a flake. Whatever, I done stop caring what other people think a long time. All i can say, is in the past two years, the biggest and baddest LAN's where Califest LAN Parties.
You just don't go silent for 15 days then decide to post this on April fools day Rock :P

Maybe its real, but if it is you should of posted this yesterday or tommarow.

Regardless, your lans were, and will still be ;), the biggest and baddest lans.
The_Rock
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by The_Rock »

Jazzy_Jet and I, are going up to the Travelodge to doublecheck on power.. and see if there's anything we can do, to make this happen.
The_Rock
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

PLEASE WAIT

Post by The_Rock »

UNITL AFTER SAT.. BEFORE YOU START REQUESTING REFUNDS OR RETURNING PLANE TIX.. THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER SOLUTION.. I'M LOOKING INTO.
[AuDiO]
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [AuDiO] »

postpone it! I was really looking forward to coming, and hope I still can!
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

The_Rock wrote:Jazzy_Jet and I, are going up to the Travelodge to doublecheck on power.. and see if there's anything we can do, to make this happen.
Rock,
Contact me, maybe I can help.

RC
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

<3
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I just cancelled my plane tickets. :(
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

i cant cancel mine, if it doesnt go down at the already scheduled date, i won't be going
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Ok everyone. Here's the official word. Cali Fest is back on! JazzyJet fixed it. Yay!
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

april fools jokes only work up til noon Jeff. ;)
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

any way you look at it, rock is catching extra jizz in the next circle jerk.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

The_Rock wrote: bro it's not even the money, I make enough money to take the loss. I mean i have two choices, one is I refund everyone. Or two, I postpone the event til sometime later this summer or fall. It's really all up to you. For those that think I'm a joke, or think I'm a flake. Whatever, I done stop caring what other people think a long time. All i can say, is in the past two years, the biggest and baddest LAN's where Califest LAN Parties.

In any case, depending on what the people want!! If ya'll want refunds I can do that, if ya'll want me to postpone to a later date. I WILL! You guys tell me, refund or postpone. If it's postponed, it will take me some time to find another venue. It wasn't the money War, never was. It was the place lying to me about the power.
I wasn't sayin that you're a joke or a flake...or even broke...

Just that I am willing to help, I really want this to happen. Please email me if you need a hand, or catch me on PXO! I do a lot of facilitation for projects, and deal with vendors all day long for my job. Sounds like you have a cranky vendor/service provider, which is what I have to deal with every day.

Let me know!
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

What did Jazzy do to fix it?
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

He pulled out his guitar and starting to sing in the lobby. They yielded to get him to stop ;)
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

He went down there and figured out the electricity.
Pugwash
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Pugwash »

how?
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

He's an electrician... and he likes helping people. =)
The_Rock
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

thank god for Jazzy

Post by The_Rock »

Jazzy is indeed a life saver!! Everything is a go, start calling the place and making your room reservations. 50 bux a night plus tax, Califest room special.