Al Qaeda's next move.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Al Qaeda's next move.

Post by Fusion pimp »

I hope and pray that Al Qaeda has been degraded to the point they can only launch a video tape.

However, I've got a gut feel and I am a little anxious that Al Qaeda may feel vengeful a bit with the election results and attempt to discredit the Bush administration or punish the American people at home in the next 3 to 6 months.

I hope I'm wrong.

B-
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Although it won't reduce the terrorist threat in the long run, we'll hopefully have Osama's head by the end of these next 6 months.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

I'm more worried about North Korea. I don't think we'll be attacked any time soon. Bush is still the Commander in Chief...ph33r us.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Hopefully this will increase radio chatter in which we catch them and finally snag their ass. But im not going to count on it until it happens.
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

You have to admit that two things that would make W look bad at the end of this term would be if there are still U.S. soldiers dieing in Iraq and if there was another large scale terrorist attack on U.S. soil.
Makes for a tempting target. Hope the new measures and departments do their job and shut down that bunch of murdering bas*****.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Ford Prefect wrote:Hope the new measures and departments do their job and shut down that bunch of murdering bas*****.
Or have done.

Nothing occurred at the Olympics. Nothing occurred as Election Day neared. Considering that Al Queda always likes to make a big murderous splash wherever it goes, either our efforts deterred them or they chose to ignore some very attractive targets.

What I find wonderfully psychotic is how Bin Laden actually tries to rationalize why he killed 3,000 people. So we stop interfering with Muslim extremists? Forgive me if I don't shed a tear toward your pathetic cause.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Beowulf wrote:I'm more worried about North Korea.
Man you have no clue how right you really are. I am not privy to any defense secrets along these lines but I see the tension in the ranks and I hear people that are 'in the know' daily describe their fears. This is going to explode in the worst way if not handled right.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

N.Korea will learn its place eventually. They always do. :P
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

One country that is smaller than many STATES of the US simply cannot overcome the world, even if armed with nukes. The US is too big. NK is too small. If NK started shooting nukes at other countries, the other countries simply make NK cease to exist. Simple enough. Bloody, but simple.

The world won't end next week.
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

If NK starts heaving nukes around and has to be subdued by more of the same back at them there will some serious ecological damage to deal with. Take over the world? Ha! They don't even have a chance of taking over South Korea. But they can sure make a mess of things on their way out. The good news is that China does not seem to want any part of them either. That helps calm the fear of allies getting involved China vs the U.S. would be ugly in the extreme even if the battle took place by proxy in a land foreign to both.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

NK's goal is not to dominate anyone....except maybe themselves.. :P

There are two things that I'm aware of that they are wanting to do.

1) SELL the nukes to countries ..like Iraq.

2) Strong arm Russia into giving them some assistance. .. I know that sounds wierd, but the political situation there is a bit complex. It has to do with resources like water, power and Oil that they were getting from Russia thier former soviet ally. It's been a while since I heard all the why's so I'll stop there. the guy running that country is fruitier than a nutcake. ;)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

the new leaders of iraq want to buy nukes?

this is news indeed.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

roid wrote:the new leaders of iraq want to buy nukes?

this is news indeed.

dude..

is the air a bit thin there?????

LOL
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

*shrug* i must be outof the loop.

last i was hearing was that usa no longer considered iraq to be a "rouge state".

you guys DID do the regime change right? so are you telling me that the NEW GOVERNMENT IS EAGER TO GET NUKES TOO?! yikes, you can't win can you :lol:
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

my biggest fear was that kerry would win and then start withdrawing troops. thank god that didnt happen. i dont agree with the war, but i know how stupid it would be to leave now. i dont think he understood that... :( i feel a tad safer with bush because at least i know he'll do what he can to make sure we're as safe as he can get us. unfortunately that means we'll lose some countrymen, but we'd lose more if people could get away with acts of terrorism.

and roid, i think he's saying that there are still people in the middle east who would purchase nukes. we cant just eliminate terrorism with an election. thats not how life works.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yup.. what K said.

They'll sell to just about anyone willing to cough up.

and about pulling out. as I understand it. When we go in and make a "mess", we are obligated to clean it up and help that country get back on its feet.

It's my opinion that it was justified. I'll leave it at that as it won't do any good to explain. We've beat that horse to a pulp here. ;)

Al Qaeda will probably continue threatening, ..probably make an attempt or two over the next couple of years, but I think we cut them off at the knees. Most of all, the feds are trying to dry up thier money. That will go a long ways in keeping things to a dull roar. Can we ever make them go completely away? no.. Not if we even glassed the whole orient over. terrorists of that nature are like cockroackes. In-freeking-destructable and scurry away when the lights come on.

one PS. The feds took down a training camp of the Al Qaeda not long after the new york attack right here in Oregon. In fact, there were couple Cells they illiminated here. :P

Please! come live in Oregon! ... not!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i just want to make sure that the understanding was correct that Iraq AS A COUNTRY is no longer seeking (actively seeking, or just pining for) nukes. Duper seemed to be suggesting otherwise when he said:
NK's goal is not to dominate anyone....except maybe themselves.. Razz

There are two things that I'm aware of that they are wanting to do.

1) SELL the nukes to countries ..like Iraq.
IsAB
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by IsAB »

Well, the topic has derailed a bit, dont you think? ;), Anyway, its no such big deal as someone said i wont find unbiased opinions here (for the 99%).

It is my opinion that fear was used to win these elections, and the result of these elections will(allready has started to) bring about more fear.
And in case the current fear starts running out, NK is close by to give a hand.

EDIT: Heh, thought i was posting on the other thread i started, sorry about that
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Roid, I think Duper meant Iran...not Iraq.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

He probably meant countrys like 'Saddams Iraq'.
That's the way I took it when I first read it.
Some people just look for ways to not understand something so their mixed up mind won't seem so mixed up to them.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

WHat the hell is going on???????

OMG!

I .. that is to say ME.. or DUPER. (is that clear?)

Ment that NK is willing to sell nukes to any hostile, twisted, warped, or just plain bored country. Such as I-R-A-Q = When Saddam was ruling. :roll:

You guys need to eat your vegatables once in a while. Kurupt got it and I affirmed what he posted. Try carrots for your first choice of veggies. LOTS OF THEM!!!

GAAHHHH!!!!

(thank you Will)