Why isn't the right funny?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Why isn't the right funny?

Post by Ford Prefect »

I read Michael Moore and Al Franken and laugh. I don't believe all that they say but they say it funny. South Park is a funny show and on the left of center. There seem to be lots of left wing satirists and funny anti-right internet jokes but very few right wing humourists.
Maybe I just move in the wrong circles but the right seems full of bluster and fear mongers like Bill Reilly and Rush Limbaugh. Who are the amusing and witty right wing commentators?
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Dennis Miller
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Drew Carey and Ben Stein
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Birdseye wrote:Dennis Miller
Tell too many lefty jokes and you end up relegated to CNBC like Dennis ;)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I was under the impression that the South Park creators were right-wing, but maybe I'm wrong.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

they are lefties.

i mean; they were IN one of moore's movies (bowling for columbine)

you may think theyre righty tho because they make fun of EVERYONE; including lefties
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

No, I had just heard that from somewhere. I wasn't aware that they were involved with Moore in any way, although that automatically lowers my respect for them. :P

In answer to the thread's question: Maybe that's because the right has real business to take care of? :P
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

Birdseye wrote:Dennis Miller
dennis miller is really great. lost some edge over the years but is still hilarious.

my favorite is when he said he liked GW because he was "pragmatic" and saw international diplomacy as "checkers rather than chess".
Sirian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sirian »

Bill O'Reilly not funny? You clearly haven't listened to him.

Anyway, entertainers on the whole tend to lean left. I'm not entirely sure why, but they do. However, the media certainly leans left. The New York Times will review Al Franken's book three times, and give Kitty Kelly's hearsay hack job a forum, but won't touch O'Reilly's book even when it sits atop the bestseller list for four months. With slanted coverage like that, it's no wonder you don't hear much about the right. If you don't interact directly with conservatives, you really don't hear anything about them or from them.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. Conservatives do have a sense of humor.

- Sirian
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Speaking of absense of proof, Sirian....

No, no, probably not worth touching that powder keg. You know I'm right anyway.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Yay topic derailment! :roll:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Hate to burst ya wanky lefty weenies bubble but at times Rush Limpballs is extremely funny. Some of the parody skits he has are hilarious. The liberal guy and his Yugo being done in by a SUV and The Tom Daschle Hour radio talk show are a couple of examples. So maybe you should listen instead of finding fault. Ya Weenies :P
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

my favorite is when he said he liked GW because he was "pragmatic" and saw international diplomacy as "checkers rather than chess".
Uh.. yeah I'm all over the floor with that one. :?

I'll have to check out Dennis Miller if he has any written work. I'm not much for TV.
Drew Carey is red-necked? Who da thunk it. He's a funny man.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Seeing as you sound like you're on a deragotory kick, would you consider me red-necked since I support Bush?
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

I'm not being derogatory DCrazy, just having a little fun. I'm no fan of GWB but I'm sure he is doing what he thinks is best for his country. The reasons you gave Ferno for supporting him are reasonable and sensible as are the reasons of most of the 51+% of voters that support him I'm sure. But your back is up and you're getting defensive over a name that some like to wear with pride. Lighten up a bit. I want to find some right wing humour to balance the left wing stuff that I find so easily. If you truly have a sense of humour you need to laugh at yourself as much as the other guy. I'm willing to search out the stuff that right wing politicos find funny. And I do find Drew Carey a funny person.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Ford Prefect wrote:And I do find Drew Carey a funny person.
To tell you the truth I think he's a bit tired myself. :P
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

The left need to have a sense of humor. They seem like they're the majority and yet they keep falling short all the time :P

Too many talking heads with nothing worth saying :P

Sorry, little right-wing humor ;)
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Your just mad because Dubya got all the laughs during the debates, and every time Kerry tried to make a jokeâ?¦there was complete silenceâ?¦:)